France 785

BeNeLux: 643

So the Grand 3-Way Final is between:

SWEDEN, USA and FRANCE

On Saturday June 18th

Start Point:

Sissipahaw Water Plant

Amethera 39479, 33941

Now what are you hunting?; well, Spiders usually dominate the Final but this year it's the turn of another Mob, an old favourite for many..... but Spiders still get to come to the party:)

Final Moblist

Main

Atrox: Prowler and Above 10 points

Chomper: All Maturities 9 points

Feffoid: Warlord and Above 8 points

Leviathan: All Maturities 7 points

Atrox: Old Alpha and Below 6 points

Feffoid: Below Hunter 5 points

Support

Araneatrox :All Maturities: 4 points

Maffoid: All Maturities: 3 points

Scaboreas: All Maturities: 2 points

Morsusilex: All Maturities: 1 point

Bonus Mob

Boorum: All Maturities/Genders: 25 points

Loot Bonus: 15
Variety Max: Main=50 Support=50
Sweep Bonus 100
No Support Cap
No win bonus

Main Team size: Maximum 6

Support Unlimited and Uncapped.

As always, three teams hunt at once for 3 hours. Then we see who are WoF Champions 2011!!!!!

TIME SLOTS: 13:00 or 17:00.

Please decide between all Three teams which would be best and respond to the JUDGES THREAD as soon as possible.

The SCAR Award should be presented the same day, news to come before then.

See you there:)

Hurrikane

A fine choice of starting point :thumbup:

Good luck to all the finalists!!

wow... thats a nice mob list for a final... :yay:

Ooooh support mobs rock! Jealous.

Well, i'm not sure the support mobs are nice.

Especially there is no incentive for low level players to participate in WOF final match.

I could be wrong but I've this feeling that Hurrikane doesn't care much about the support team!

Can anybody tell me which mob is attractive enough to a low level player for motivattion to participate in wof?

A fine choice of starting point :thumbup:

Good luck to all the finalists!!

wow... thats a nice mob list for a final... :yay:

Ooooh support mobs rock! Jealous.

Care to explain your comment regarding support mobs ... how?

I think mob selection for support is in part responsible for decreasing popularity/participation in WOF!

Last edited:

Especially there is no incentive for low level players to participate in WOF final match.

I could be wrong but I've this feeling that Hurrikane doesn't care much about the support team!

Can anybody tell me which mob is attractive enough to a low level player for motivattion to participate in wof?

I think mob selection for support is in part responsible for decreasing popularity/participation in WOF!

The main mob list is great becouse, now it's about more then what contry have the highest number off friends/mercs to back main up. This is why I think this one is great.
My comment was on the main team mob list :)

Small Morsusilex is not hard... have low hp, no regen. If I remeber right, you have some small berry that spawn on the same location.
Maffoid is also easy, have regen... but still easy

It worries me that a lot of people are aware of how to skew the results - especially on a mob like levi where you can guarantee a global on every kill with the correct setup.

This is surely a pretty big flaw..

Just because Araneatrox is the only Iron Mission mob for support doesn't make the list a bad one, or the oh so popular Frescoquda without an Iron Mission. If you're equating WOF to Iron Missions, then it's the wrong event for you. At some point, we're to have Iron Missions for every mob, but it's just not available right now.

The current support list has a variety for all different players, and participants can go hunt mobs they hardly hunted before. As Hurrikane said, his goal is to have players hunt the not so popular mobs to give people a range of what is available. I learned so much a couple years ago in my own first WOF from hunting so many different mob types. I'm more open to try various mobs since then (when I don't forget them and can find them).

Everyone has their own view of the moblists, although this is what I've learned to appreciate (mob variety) with WOF.

All I saw was whine whine whine, whine whine whine. This is a hunting competition, not a creature popularity contest.

All I saw was whine whine whine, whine whine whine. This is a hunting competition, not a creature popularity contest.

Lol here i'm not whining for myself................and the number of red words is a clear sign who is over reacting. LOL! cheers!

Spider is a nice mob for me and i'll be on it.

I'm not talking for myslef.... rather to increase the popularity of the event and more participation... it feels better when there are a lot of players participating... kinda festive environment.

A competition is good..... but it could be better with more participation.... whatever way one can achieve that!

And people will participate more if there are mission mobs or have decent loot.

Just because Araneatrox is the only Iron Mission mob for support doesn't make the list a bad one, or the oh so popular Frescoquda without an Iron Mission. If you're equating WOF to Iron Missions, then it's the wrong event for you. At some point, we're to have Iron Missions for every mob, but it's just not available right now.

The current support list has a variety for all different players, and participants can go hunt mobs they hardly hunted before. As Hurrikane said, his goal is to have players hunt the not so popular mobs to give people a range of what is available. I learned so much a couple years ago in my own first WOF from hunting so many different mob types. I'm more open to try various mobs since then (when I don't forget them and can find them).

Everyone has their own view of the moblists, although this is what I've learned to appreciate (mob variety) with WOF.

Brad your point is well taken...
But consider this.... 3 hours of intense grinding on a mob that are in general poor in loot (at least that's how it looks like).
Not many people can afford it.... though many of them have the interntion to participate....But when they see no mission mob or poor loot ....they get discouraged....

.....At some point, we're to have Iron Missions for every mob, but it's just not available right now.

Brad, not sure if The Main team hunted Occulus or Cersumon this year... you could easily substitute one of those for the main team, and assign feffoid or levi for the support team.... things would have been much better that way and more balanced!

All i wanted is WOF to be very popular, and more participation by all level of players.............. and not to be limited to the ubers.... or players with deep pockets.

EDIT:
To Alwyn: actually I looked into the mob lists for both main and support again...

Main

Atrox
Chomper
Feffoid
Leviathan

Support

Araneatrox
Maffoid
Scaboreas
Morsusilex

Cmpetition involves both main and support.....
Now, if you don't see the difference btwn the 2 mob groups..... I've nothing to say :)

Last edited:
I think (but may be wrong) that the only Morsusilex are on one of the servers that are currently bugged and have no mobs. I'd hope they would be fixed before the final, but it's been 3 weeks already without anything happening, so I wouldn't bet on it.

So just something you might want to check up on and possibly replace the mob if it's a problem.

The Scaboreas spawn on Eudoria is also missing for the same reason, but there are other Scaboreas.

I think (but may be wrong) that the only Morsusilex are on one of the servers that are currently bugged and have no mobs. I'd hope they would be fixed before the final, but it's been 3 weeks already without anything happening, so I wouldn't bet on it.

So just something you might want to check up on and possibly replace the mob if it's a problem.

The Scaboreas spawn on Eudoria is also missing for the same reason, but there are other Scaboreas.

There are Morsusilex in more than one place.

There are Morsusilex in more than one place.

Ah OK, I only know of one place and thought that was the only one.

Ah OK, I only know of one place and thought that was the only one.

I know only one other place and that other place only has small ones.

I don't say it's impossible to global on youngs if you give it enough time, but it will be hard especially if there are other mobs on the list with the same situation...

I know only one other place and that other place only has small ones.

I don't say it's impossible to global on youngs if you give it enough time, but it will be hard especially if there are other mobs on the list with the same situation...

As long as there are some mobs to shoot I don't think it matters too much. It might be tough but all the teams are in the same situation. It was only if the mob didn't currently exist at all that I thought it could be a big problem.

As long as there are some mobs to shoot I don't think it matters too much. It might be tough but all the teams are in the same situation.

Well, then you are welcome to hunt those 2 mobs for team USA!:)
Same invitation to Alwyn too ;)

It worries me that a lot of people are aware of how to skew the results - especially on a mob like levi where you can guarantee a global on every kill with the correct setup.

This is surely a pretty big flaw..

Please define correct setup to global on every levi.

Please define correct setup to global on every levi.

Well, a team of people with M2100 + Eamp15 on Levi Domi or higher will raise your base loot bands enough to give you globals on the high majority of your kills. A full team of 12 will grind those globals out about once every 3 minutes.

Of course, the unique war axe or roman will achieve a similar effect.

Even just using the swine will significantly increase your chance of globaling on a levi, because it raises your base loot into the 30+ loot regions.

It has been shown that low eco will increase all your loot by a multiplier, and loot has been shown to fall into bands. Low eco increase the value of these bands. Big levis have high enough health to move the lower of the bands (excluding the 'no loot' band) to 50 PED+ if your eco is low enough. It costs a fortune, but WoF isn't really about cost.

Last edited:
Well, a team of people with M2100 + Eamp15 on Levi Domi or higher will raise your base loot bands enough to give you globals on the high majority of your kills. A full team of 12 will grind those globals out about once every 3 minutes.

Even just using the swine will significantly increase your chance of globaling on a levi, because it raises your base loot into the 30+ loot regions.

Interesting if true. Is there a thread with this effect well-documented?

And it'd take some very well organised play to take advantage of the M2100+E15. Ideally you'd want I guess each main team member to be supported by 12 unteamed players (with the main team player doing more damage so he gets the loot). Then you'd get 6 main team globals every 3 minutes, so 360 globals in the match. If anyone pulls that off I think they deserve the victory :D

Last edited:
Interesting if true. Is there a thread with this effect well-documented?

And it'd take some very well organised play to take advantage of the M2100+E15. Ideally you'd want I guess each main team member to be supported by 12 unteamed players (with the main team player doing more damage so he gets the loot). Then you'd get 6 main team globals every 3 minutes, so 360 globals in the match. If anyone pulls that off I think they deserve the victory :D

Quite a few threads in the hunting forum yeah - "Get involved, help test hunting...." and a few others.

I don't know exactly where the bands fall for high level levis - it's just too expensive and hard to test properly. But from the few experiments we've done we can confirm that it does happen. On low level levels, we had no loot below 30 PED apart from the "no looters". I was involved in another experiment with a full team on higher levis and the lowest loot was 45 PED (if i remember correctly), although I don't remember which maturity that particular loot was from. Either way, it definitely raises the bar. Unfortunately unless you own one of the unique weapons you'll suffer from a lot less DPS to get your eco that low.

It has been shown that low eco will increase all your loot by a multiplier, and loot has been shown to fall into bands. Low eco increase the value of these bands. Big levis have high enough health to move the lower of the bands (excluding the 'no loot' band) to 50 PED+ if your eco is low enough. It costs a fortune, but WoF isn't really about cost.

Disagree!

I don't hunt bigger levis that much but enough exp with small ones. I've done tt,un-eco and eco test on levi, I can assure that you are wrong but one thing I learnt from levi is how I can maximize the fun of my depo.

Disagree!

I don't hunt bigger levis that much but enough exp with small ones. I've done tt,un-eco and eco test on levi, I can assure that you are wrong but one thing I learnt from levi is how I can maximize the fun of my depo.

Show me the data for your tests. I have a hell of a lot of public data supporting what I say.

Show me the data for your tests. I have a hell of a lot of public data supporting what I say.

I say you are wrong... you get a avg kill kost around 120-130ped... The evis cost about the same to kill (for a n00bie team) and you dont get global on every mob.

I say you are wrong... you get a avg kill kost around 120-130ped... The evis cost about the same to kill (for a n00bie team) and you dont get global on every mob.

Evis: 28530 health @ 3 dpp = 95ped excluding regen
Levi domi: 6730 health @ 0.54 dpp = 124ped excluding regen

as I already said - we had a 45ped loot from a high maturity, which was our lowest loot on that run. I don't know which maturity it was from.

I'm ark atm. when i'll be down to caly. i'll be glad to take you for atleast 3hr levi hunt*4 (tt, uneco, eco and my setup runs, btw tt run could be much longer hours :D). u just follow me and watch in team setting. u can put those data in spreadsheet cause i'm too lazy to devote my time from sticky notes to spreadsheets.

Still I don't agree that you can global on every levi ;)

I'm ark atm. when i'll be down to caly. i'll be glad to take you for atleast 3hr levi hunt*4 (tt, uneco, eco and my setup runs, btw tt run could be much longer hours :D). u just follow me and watch in team setting. u can put those data in spreadsheet cause i'm too lazy to devote my time from sticky notes to spreadsheets.

Still I don't agree that you can global on every levi ;)

I have no reason to follow you on a hunt - you're the one disagreeing with me.

There's plenty of data throughout the forum showing evidence for what I have said. We've also done tests specifically on levi, which showed that we could raise base loot on small levi to 35 PED and raised base loot on big levi to 45 PED. I'm pretty sure you can raise base loot on prowlers/stalkers to the 50ped+ mark, but I haven't yet confirmed that.

When talking about "uneco" here, you must realise that this is about lowing your eco to 0.5 dmg/pec - I'm not talking about 2.7 dmg/pec here.

Edit:
I don't wish to turn this into another discussion about loot. Just wanted to highlight that people can skew the results with the correct weapons. I'm out!

Reactions: zen
Edit:
I don't wish to turn this into another discussion about loot. Just wanted to highlight that people can skew the results with the correct weapons. I'm out!

Yeah, let's keep it on-topic. Perhaps a link to a relevant thread would help steer discussion that way.

Interesting conclusions, sounds like I have some reading to do but I wouldn't be shocked if what you say is true. I'm happy to join in future testing if more data is needed.

Yeah, let's keep it on-topic. Perhaps a link to a relevant thread would help steer discussion that way.

Interesting conclusions, sounds like I have some reading to do but I wouldn't be shocked if what you say is true. I'm happy to join in future testing if more data is needed.

Get involved: Help test hunting is probably the most complete thread of them all, as it has data sets from multiple people.

Back