Achievement: Finally after 8 years deposit $115.000 NEVER Withdrawal

Pardon my interruption but ... IMHO, Kimmi supported only himself on the Project Entropia Platform.

Yes, this is impressive seeing someone spending that kind of money in this kind of way inside PE... but, ppl, you must realise that Kimmi did mostly pvp trades.

PvP trade do not help, in any way, the game. It is something possible ingame but not a true support of the game.

You must understand with example:

You are excited by an Item you seen in Tzepu shop, let say a funny gun (Mod MKII) and you want it badly. IRL, you have the money so you decide to do bank transfer to MA bank. Some days later, your account is credited with the peds. This is good ! you have money ingame now. You contact Tzep to pvp trade him and buy this baby for a load of money, I dunno, 85K peds let say. The TT of the mod MKII is at 150 ped on 3996 peds >> you decide to repair it full >> this, only, helped the game : 3846 peds who have been "cycled" ingame.

It is normal to deposit some, at the start, and doing some clever trade to gear your avatar (in accordance to your ped balance). What is absolutely necessary for the community, is you to do your job !!

You are miner ?? Buy bombs and burn them on field !!

You are hunter ?? Buy ammos and burn them on field !!

You are crafter ?? Buy ressources and burn them in craft machine !!

That all. Depositing to buy ammo/bombs, repairing and crafting your stuff is the only way to support the game, the loot, and the community on the long term.

So, when I come to the analysis of "this", what I say ?? I say that ppl who bough things in the hope it will cost more later ... are the looser in the story (today).

I understood it in 2008 too, when I deposited a lot to buy me fun stuff... After having bought it, pleasure was not here anymore. Buying something who cost 400 peds TT at 10000 peds is not "fun" after all, and do not help the game; it only helped the trader who sold it !

The better way to save money ingame is to save this money in TT only; not in an hypothetical speculated value.

Buy thing at a price very close to TT, repair it full and keep it. You supported the game and you secured your Peds because, if MA crash one day, the only things they guaranty is the TT of your items. Punkt !

So what to say to Kimmi ?? Thank you being an old avatar with a lot knowledge, thank you being pink and fun.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Having said that, you can say Thank you to Stryker !

When this guy come online it is not to trade or speculate all day long ... It is to play. He do not connect to buy 100 peds ammo !!! He buy fucking mountains of ammos and cycle it trough a mob... and win.

Players like strykers, Skalman, AOW guys and so many others, whatever the past they had, whatever ppl say about them ... they play !! They support the game in a much much much effective way and they are rewarded for that : They win because they play, that all.

Have fun and buy a lot of ammos ! :)

Pardon my interruption but ... IMHO, Kimmi supported only himself on the Project Entropia Platform.

Yes, this is impressive seeing someone spending that kind of money in this kind of way inside PE... but, ppl, you must realise that Kimmi did mostly pvp trades.

PvP trade do not help, in any way, the game. It is something possible ingame but not a true support of the game.

You are excited by an Item you seen in Tzepu shop, let say a funny gun (Mod MKII) and you want it badly. IRL, you have the money so you decide to do bank transfer to MA bank. Some days later, your account is credited with the peds. This is good ! you have money ingame now. You contact Tzep to pvp trade him and buy this baby for a load of money, I dunno, 85K peds let say. The TT of the mod MKII is at 150 ped on 3996 peds >> you decide to repair it full >> this, only, helped the game : 3846 peds who have been "cycled" ingame.

It is normal to deposit some, at the start, and doing some clever trade to gear your avatar (in accordance to your ped balance). What is absolutely necessary for the community, is you to do your job !!

That all. Depositing to buy ammo/bombs, repairing and crafting your stuff is the only way to support the game, the loot, and the community on the long term.

So, when I come to the analysis of "this", what I say ?? I say that ppl who bough things in the hope it will cost more later ... are the looser in the story (today).

I understood it in 2008 too, when I deposited a lot to buy me fun stuff... After having bought it, pleasure was not here anymore. Buying something who cost 400 peds TT at 10000 peds is not "fun" after all, and do not help the game; it only helped the trader who sold it !

The better way to save money ingame is to save this money in TT only; not in an hypothetical speculated value.

Buy thing at a price very close to TT, repair it full and keep it. You supported the game and you secured your Peds because, if MA crash one day, the only things they guaranty is the TT of your items. Punkt !

So what to say to Kimmi ?? Thank you being an old avatar with a lot knowledge, thank you being pink and fun.

When this guy come online it is not to trade or speculate all day long ... It is to play. He do not connect to buy 100 peds ammo !!! He buy fucking mountains of ammos and cycle it trough a mob... and win.

Players like strykers, Skalman, AOW guys and so many others, whatever the past they had, whatever ppl say about them ... they play !! They support the game in a much much much effective way and they are rewarded for that : They win because they play, that all.

You should maybe consider that the money Kimmi has spent on skills has other players enabled to buy other things ingame and also cycle alot more peds then they used to.
The majority of skills that get tradet does not come from people leaving the game, it comes from people who view gained skills as part of their loot and chip accordingly as its time.
Its players like Kimmi who put a demand on skills, which gives skills a higher markup therefor giving alot of other players added value on their avatars.
And im sure Kimmi cycles alot more peds then many other avatars ingame as well ;)

You should maybe consider that the money Kimmi has spent on skills has other players enabled to buy other things ingame and also cycle alot more peds then they used to.
The majority of skills that get tradet does not come from people leaving the game, it comes from people who view gained skills as part of their loot and chip accordingly as its time.
Its players like Kimmi who put a demand on skills, which gives skills a higher markup therefor giving alot of other players added value on their avatars.
And im sure Kimmi cycles alot more peds then many other avatars ingame as well ;)

Haha good joke, almost made my day ;)

And between, I'm not a hater, I'm an observer. Slight nuance.

I like kimmi :drink:

Last edited:

I think you are missing with this description...

The second you deposit let's say 1000USD MA can account that as profit and the profit came from the user depositing it. They don't give a **** if the money is on your card or went to someone else's pockets. The decay, the 90% return, auction fee and all of the other micro transitions is just MA covering up that they are reducing the amount we can withdraw at the point we decide to do that.

Do you seriously believe that MA has all players pedcard money ready on a account for the time everyone want to withdraw? Not even RL banks are doing this :p

I don't think what is good for Mindark's account is good for players account. This is two separate things and be sure that more players will "play" and more the loots will be "better".

Money must be cycled trough game system, not other avatar pocket !!

MA business is not our business. It pollute our game play, thinking about things who are not our fucking business.

Playing IS the way.

What is good for "numbers" is not necessary useful for the gamers.

Not everyone have a business IRL to understand this basic thing ;)

I don't think what is good for Mindark's account is good for players account. This is two separate things and be sure that more players will "play" and more the loots will be "better".

Money must be cycled trough game system, not other avatar pocket !!

MA business is not our business. It pollute our game play, thinking about things who are not our fucking business.

Playing IS the way.

What is good for "numbers" is not necessary useful for the gamers.

Not everyone have a business IRL to understand this basic thing ;)

Yeah but this sandbox is big and you can play the game in other ways than go out there shooting at something :) It's just a misconception that you need to buy ammo from the TT for MA to make money ^^

I am not selling skills but in the years Kimmi deposited the most the vast part of my hunting profit was from farming small esis from small mobs like argos and feffs. Without that markup i probably wouldn't be here today.

In fact, i always like to think that Kimmi funded most of my game play in the years 2007 to 2010 by indirectly buying my (filled by others with skills) esis. Of course i don't really know who actually bought them, but i like the idea. ;)

There is no shame for any break even / profitable / non depositing player to be simply thankful to the people who bring in the real world money to keep this game going.

And Hulyss, while i do get your point you are somewhat wrong. The flow of markup between players is essential for this game. While this money does not go directly into MA's pockets it is obvious that without markup, and in the end without people who deposit to consume this markup, the game would be dead. And MA knows that very well, thats why a lot over the years got changed in a way that encourages Player to Player trade.

Of course there is also no reason to glorify players who spend a lot in this game. Especially losses from speculating on item prices. And frankly, Kimmi's example will just be abused as argument in other threads how much a money sink EU is. When in reality he is very upfront about how he spend his Peds and that it is just his way of doing it.

Pretty same as with Smilgs hunting return thread. Where i see people using it as argument that high level high turnover hunters can't make money. Which is nonsense of course and Smilgs never claims that and he is also very upfront about possible reasons for his lack of profit so far.

Indeed.

I understand you Leona.

It is why I think it is difficult for MA to manage this economy... to translate it in a "game play".

Many avatars do have soooo much more money than any MA employees lol. For me, ESI and skills are a fail. EPIC fail. It worked at a time and now players like kimmi lost at least 50% of what they deposited !!:eyecrazy:

I hope, for them, that the new planet Calypso economy will go up again, one day, but damn, this is just wishful thinking actually !

So yea, things worked for us, medium players who sold ESI at this time.

Yesterday I looted one ESI and I will not sell it, at all !! This is a dangerous item I keep in my apartment.

You want to gain skills ?? there is missions for that now ;) then we return with what I said in my first post : MA want us to cycle peds via game system ;)

I understand you Leona.

It is why I think it is difficult for MA to manage this economy... to translate it in a "game play".

Many avatars do have soooo much more money than any MA employees lol. For me, ESI and skills are a fail. EPIC fail. It worked at a time and now players like kimmi lost at least 50% of what they deposited !!:eyecrazy:

I hope, for them, that the new planet Calypso economy will go up again, one day, but damn, this is just wishful thinking actually !

So yea, things worked for us, medium players who sold ESI at this time.

Yesterday I looted one ESI and I will not sell it, at all !! This is a dangerous item I keep in my apartment.

You want to gain skills ?? there is missions for that now ;) then we return with what I said in my first post : MA want us to cycle peds via game system ;)

No MA want us to pay additional markup also.... This is good because it makes people deposit to buy for markup and by that it increases the amount of deposits needed to play (=more money for dev/marketing/++). If they don't want us to do pvp trades there simply would be no markup system and no possibility for pvp trades.

No MA want us to pay additional markup also.... This is good because it makes people deposit to buy for markup and by that it increases the amount of deposits needed to play (=more money for dev/marketing/++). If they don't want us to do pvp trades there simply would be no markup system and no possibility for pvp trades.

They want us to pvp trade, but they also want us to play in the game they designed. Things just get out of control a little bit. I don't think they expected that much money coming trough the game, at all.

They want an equilibrium.

Just 7 years of observations and my two pecs of hardcore depositor (yes me too ^^ but I won some and almost paid cash my BmW 1 120d well optioned ;) thank you kimmi if it is with a part of your money, you almost a shareholder ).

Only if all this money we spent in game was real

Why do HAVE to play Entropia with the plan to withdraw?

no you dont have to plan withdrawl! I never do, i just deposited money that I was ready to loose, or at least can live without .. :wise:

So everyone spending money on enterntainment should stop, and give money to charity?

I guess you could do both , and maybe you even do, who knows!? :ahh:

327k NOK, over an eight year periode on a hobby for a person in norway isnt really much, unless your hobby is daydreaming.

exactly. its a hobby and some ppl spend much much more on their hobby.. and its all gone, you can never sell the skills you aquired even if you quit :laugh:

For me, ESI and skills are a fail. EPIC fail. It worked at a time and now players like kimmi lost at least 50% of what they deposited !!:eyecrazy:

I on the other hand think that the concept of lootable empty skill implants is borderline genius. :laugh: That several thing around that are currently imbalanced is another thing.

What you mean by "lost"? He still has the skills. I doubt Kimmi chipped all that in as "investment" to later sale them again. That would not even have made sense if skills prices went up.

One chips in for an purpose. Be it that you want to get better in your profession. Or simply because you get satisfaction from being among the top skilled, absolutely nothing wrong with that as well!. Or both.

Skill chips are consumables produced by the in game population. You pay for them, you insert them and done. That you might, depending on market, get an part of the spent money back if you decide to chip out is just a bonus.

Whenever i buy a piece of gear i do not think much about the resale value. I think about how much use i can get from the item in time before it will go down in value (i actually always assume TT value as end price). Does not mean i am happy if my stuff (not that i have much) looses market value. But i can tell you that from pretty every unlimited item i bought i made more money using it then it did cost. I can't see why i would see the costs to chip in different if i would decide to go that way.

Someone else might have different priorities. Could be he doesn't want to grind small mobs with small L weapons up to high levels and decides to chip in to save time. I mean, not everyone sees hunting 2500+ hours a year (for years) as the cheaper (or even sane) way. Can't blame them.

Could also be, like said, someone just enjoys being top skilled and the, well, fame and attention that comes with it. So it is not the question if Kimmi (or anybody) got his return on investment money wise for chipping, because spending that much on chips can't have been an money investment in the first place!

But if he got enough, how shall i say.. pleasure, out of it, that would be the question. Now of course, if you invest in anything with the goal of emotional return, thats always hard to measure in money.

And once the "effect" wears off you better don't run around and cry about the costs, that would just make you look stupid. I mean, you can trade money for several kinds of satisfactions in real life too, without lasting material return. (And frankly, some of those real life ways would go a long way if used for chipping in EU, and actually last longer then a night or a few hours. :D)

So you say that ESI and skills injection is like... drugs ?? :silly2:

Haha good joke, almost made my day ;)

And between, I'm not a hater, I'm an observer. Slight nuance.

I like kimmi :drink:

Did you observe Kimmis stats too?

Favorite Mob: Aurli
Highest Loot: 17 251 PED
Total Loot: 472 503 PED
Hunting Rank: 21 of 2 708

Yeah, I guess thats way lower than the average player... ;)

Forgot to check your stats... are yours higher or similar?
I know mine are a lot lower. :)

<- deposited 18000 EU.

Just withdrawn 1000.

Played around 4000 hours.

Comes down to 4.25 euro per hour i played. Cheaper then whatever else i do per hour irl and i pay for :p

But the game turned to shit. Im gone.

Are you James bond? That's a lot of money!

This makes my COMPLETE deposit in Entropia Universe to $115.000 USD.
What a noob.
Thank you for your inquiry. Your committed deposits into your Entropia Universe account sum 1743958.70 PED in total
Also, I have spent 1.2M in the last 2 years (additional deposits to my wifes account). You call this thread an achievement? Be ashamed, try better.
To make it more miserable, you're from Norway, I am from Latvia.
P.S. This is of course a reply on Kimmi trying to high-jack my achievement threads.
P.S.2 And, be at least honest. It should not be ME, but WE in the opening thread. You, your ego and your credit-card. Ego is the boss of course.

Last edited:
What a noob.
P.S. This is of course a reply on Kimmi trying to high-jack my achievement threads.

Deposit wars!!! MA and all CLD-owners will be happy :)

Last edited:
lol i'm poor with 3K7 USD deposit. Cant depo more atm but i will do a big one later for investment.
Gz to kimmi, MA love you :)

To make it more miserable, you're from Norway, I am from Latvia.

If you really try... I mean really really try. Closing your eyes and thinking of unicorns and other important stuff... doesnt your pinky toe feel abit black.... if so we could make this into a full on racial war. :cool:

oh.. another cookie...

Nothing racial, compare the national product of the two countries quoted. Not interested in where you put your fingers tbh.
we could make this into a full on racial war

Back