Finally attempting a withdrawal

It is long period but there is explanation behind it. (E.g. money laundering, financing terrorism etc.) Optimal period in my oppinion would be 30 days.
Thats a lie someone is telling for a long time... If MA suspects of any illegal activity do what all other companies do, report it to authorities to be investigated. They weren't able to obtain a banking licence too, even if they advertise it on their site!

Thats a lie someone is telling for a long time... If MA suspects of any illegal activity do what all other companies do, report it to authorities to be investigated. They weren't able to obtain a banking licence too, even if they advertise it on their site!
I am not familiar with legal system in Sweeden but I can give you example in my country where e.g. banks first do internal check of suspicious transactions and than latter if there is as we call "reasonable doubt" they go for competent public auhority.

It's to stop illegalities and chargebacks.

Just say you deposit $1000 with your credit card then withdraw it the next day to your bank account. Then you call up your CC company and file a chargeback claiming you never received the funds in your Entropia account. MindArk has to respond to this and it costs them money and time to do so. To avoid this costly scenario and others they put in a wait time. After 30-60 days in most cases you can't file a chargeback.

Secondly if one were trying to launder money, the same type of activity could occur by depositing illegal funds via one method and withdrawing it to another account. Sure there's a paper trail of sorts but it adds another layer of complexity to anyone investigating and on the surface that money looks clean, coming from MindArk's account so most times it's overlooked.

The wait time is there to protect MindArk and everyone else who has deposited money with them from easily being targetted by a costly investigation of authorities coming demanding costly accounting documents. It would suck if they ended up having to shut down the servers while a forensic audit was taking place...

It's a good system but yes, the wait time sucks.

Only deposit money you are not planning to need ASAP in case of emergency. Also, make sure to call your bank and ask the proper information required to enter in the withdraw form. Your due diligence here is your responsibility... It's your money, right?

Think i've been here since 2005. I officially attempted my first withdrawal about a month ago for few hundred bucks just to see if it will succeed. I finally realized I should try to get money out before you put more in :)
That's why there should be a "best practice" when playing to EU.

Put some money In, don't use all of it, then withdraw the rest months later. Don't wait for years, don't be scared to take your money out.

Test the System ! and if the outcome is not satisfactory... ? Just walk away :giggle: You didn't lose that much, you can now find another entertainment :yup:

Not the first message i read where it's like "I am playing since years, and it's my first withdrawal" :scratch2:

Back