Price Check Finder F-106 Tier 8.99

zaro

Provider
Hi, I would like to have a price check on a Finder F-106, Tier 8.99, please.

Thanks in advance!

i sold t8 like 1 month ago for +5.3k if i remember exact numbers

t10 for +3.8k is seller was to desperate or stupid

or or or OR

maybe yours was overpriced?
Overpriced?
Do you even check crafting cost of the finder? Tier cost? Spent time and cycled peds to make to that tier? Or you made conclusion based on rookie chat?

i made my decision based on the speed at which you decided to call someone desperate or stupid
No,because people like you making lots of items losing value..insteed to get payed for the worth of it,items gets devalue for the next sales.
1st comment was T10 Sold for +3.8k and thats the start point where we have t8 at like +3k or less? Which is crazy. Only tiering cost more then double.

No,because people like you making lots of items losing value..insteed to get payed for the worth of it,items gets devalue for the next sales.
1st comment was T10 Sold for +3.8k and thats the start point where we have t8 at like +3k or less? Which is crazy. Only tiering cost more then double.
If you are tiering to use those tiers it only costs you the system rake to gather materials and some time.

Buying tiering materials is not a necessity, it's dynamic depending on market conditions and is not a 1:1 conversion (markup on materials:markup on item).

We don't need to pay for your impatience and bad purchase decisions.

Lol?? So all those players who asks for 2.0 weapons are in same bracket? Since they all count the same,which is pure logic.
You just want cheap finished product and to use it.
Dont tell me that story what usually drops by those who cant pay what they would like to have.
Everyone normal calculates tier costs,regardless how you got materials.Its still Mu spended either way.
Since you are smart and knows everything buy t0 and tier yourself,grind all materials then calculate time+ loses and you will see where it will get you.

Never had bad purchases,only good and fair ones.

Going off topic.
I am done here

Markup for tier materials isn’t any cheaper if you farm yourself. You lose out on the profits from selling those materials. I hate seeing this stupid argument where people think it only costs them cycle losses when they farm stuff themselves. Opportunity cost is a cost.

Tier should always be considered in price

Markup for tier materials isn’t any cheaper if you farm yourself. You lose out on the profits from selling those materials. I hate seeing this stupid argument where people think it only costs them cycle losses when they farm stuff themselves. Opportunity cost is a cost.

Tier should always be considered in price
If you're using it yourself the opportunity is tiering it for the cost of system rake vs buying the materials at inflated prices because the impatience of other players. There is nothing lost except system rake and time when you gather materials yourself and use the item yourself. Quit peddling fallacies.

Lol?? So all those players who asks for 2.0 weapons are in same bracket? Since they all count the same,which is pure logic.
You just want cheap finished product and to use it.
Dont tell me that story what usually drops by those who cant pay what they would like to have.
Everyone normal calculates tier costs,regardless how you got materials.Its still Mu spended either way.
Since you are smart and knows everything buy t0 and tier yourself,grind all materials then calculate time+ loses and you will see where it will get you.

Never had bad purchases,only good and fair ones.

Going off topic.
I am done here
Yes, you pay for their inflated tier prices after they scoop up materials at lower costs near the beginning of the rush, then by the peak they try and offload to recoup those costs, some other fool buys it for inflated prices and on the cyclical downturn they are bag holding until the next influx of weapons who need tiering when they can try and offload again or eat the loss and do it sooner.

You know how long it takes to grind in Entropia, it's not a game of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months but years. You have nothing but time. Money is time and all you're doing when you pay the inflated prices is saving yourself time. It's all impatience driven by a pseudo-gambling addiction. The players selling you the new shiny big ticket items depend on you not being patient enough to get it yourself. Not to mention (L) is most times a better option, especially if you're crafting and looting your own gear.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you have brains.

If you're using it yourself the opportunity is tiering it for the cost of system rake vs buying the materials at inflated prices because the impatience of other players. There is nothing lost except system rake and time when you gather materials yourself and use the item yourself. Quit peddling fallacies.

Yes, you pay for their inflated tier prices after they scoop up materials at lower costs near the beginning of the rush, then by the peak they try and offload to recoup those costs, some other fool buys it for inflated prices and on the cyclical downturn they are bag holding until the next influx of weapons who need tiering when they can try and offload again or eat the loss and do it sooner.

You know how long it takes to grind in Entropia, it's not a game of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months but years. You have nothing but time. Money is time and all you're doing when you pay the inflated prices is saving yourself time. It's all impatience driven by a pseudo-gambling addiction. The players selling you the new shiny big ticket items depend on you not being patient enough to get it yourself. Not to mention (L) is most times a better option, especially if you're crafting and looting your own gear.

Fully agree on this ...

Also ...

Using this finder with this Tier ... is because you want to go for deeper resources only ... with high competition AND most important ... LOWER decay so LESS changes to get redulite or others cause your decay is much lower then the L finders.
Dropcosts determines what you get.

Even a F-105 has higher decay so more chance of getting the better stuff, but still I would go for L finders.
And yes, you pay MU but count how much you pay / drop ... not much differents but a way better chance for getting redulite for instance.

It's not because it's a hard to get finder it's worth that much ...
How much time will it take to get those costs back or find the next id**t that is willing to pay that much?
And BTW, I'm keeping a close eye on finder prices and they are pushed up (especially) by the same persons over and over again cause not many buy so they loose on fee (a lot) so they need to push these prices.
If I wanted this finder I would look for an untiered 1 for max 500 ped
Years ago people lost TT + % on tiering, now they get TT back ... HUGE different.
Check Entropiawiki and count only MU, then make a choice ...

Last edited:
Dont forget to add whatever you lost along the way to the markup of the item!

"items get devalued for the next sale" who is that going to hurt exactly? resellers? cry me a river.

item valuation has always been and will always be subjective to what it brings to the table for you. an item is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it, plain and simple. an item isnt worth +5.3k to everyone just because it was worth that to you.

Fully agree on this ...

Also ...

Using this finder with this Tier ... is because you want to go for deeper resources only ... with high competition AND most important ... LOWER decay so LESS changes to get redulite or others cause your decay is much lower then the L finders.
Dropcosts determines what you get.

Even a F-105 has higher decay so more chance of getting the better stuff, but still I would go for L finders.
And yes, you pay MU but count how much you pay / drop ... not much differents but a way better chance for getting redulite for instance.

It's not because it's a hard to get finder it's worth that much ...
How much time will it take to get those costs back or find the next id**t that is willing to pay that much?
And BTW, I'm keeping a close eye on finder prices and they are pushed up (especially) by the same persons over and over again cause not many buy so they loose on fee (a lot) so they need to push these prices.
If I wanted this finder I would look for an untiered 1 for max 500 ped
Years ago people lost TT + % on tiering, now they get TT back ... HUGE different.
Check Entropiawiki and count only MU, then make a choice ...
Agreed. As an avid miner myself, i wouldnt dream of paying more than 4k max. I use TM finders- which usualy at 110-120% mu if you know where to buy them from. plus miners know how to recover that MU. now add in the cost of paying mu for that UL finder plus the 250%ish MU on depth enhancers plus the break rate being random.....all this just to mine for a few rare ores with depth that f105 cant cover. f105 base depth will net you 90% of all in game ores. So when you say an item cost x amount to tier, it doesnt matter to me cause that cost will not match my utility benefit. Just my 2 cents😋

I dont understand. I mean I see where you are coming from but I can also see where the other guy is coming from.

Im making up numbers:
You mean if I lose 1k ped to farm 500 Tier comps, then those are worth 1k ped to me?
I feel like, if I lose 1k ped to farm 500 tier comps, and I could then sell those 500 tier comps for 3k ped, then they kinda cost me 3k ped. Cuz like, I coulda sold em, and had 3k ped more on my card for more hunting, but instead, I used em on my item... so I have 3k ped fewer on my ped card than I could have.

This just seems like a different way of looking at it. doesnt feel like either is right or wrong. Sure I only lost 1k ped getting them so in that sense they are only worth 1k. on the other hand, now that I have farmed them, I coulda sold em too, so they "cost" me 3k too. On the other other hand, maybe in someones head they now cost 4k, since they spend 1k to get em and then didnt sell them lol. bottom line... MATH, IS, FUN lol

cheers

Edit: Oh, pc for f-106... 3.8 and 5k,something both seems too much. no use using depth enhancers on these kinda unL finders right now. L is cheaper in every way. Costs to tier/cycle be damned if it has no use. But buyers may pay for something that may change in the future. So if the last one sold for 3.8k, thats prolly the lowest you should sell for, otherwise a reseller will snatch it up and sell for more. if you're buying, I wouldnt go over 4k even if he does a great sales pitch and "has many offers"? tho to be fair, dont listen to me, I dont know shit about trading and prices and how they change over time.

Last edited:
I dont understand. I mean I see where you are coming from but I can also see where the other guy is coming from.

Im making up numbers:
You mean if I lose 1k ped to farm 500 Tier comps, then those are worth 1k ped to me?
I feel like, if I lose 1k ped to farm 500 tier comps, and I could then sell those 500 tier comps for 3k ped, then they kinda cost me 3k ped. Cuz like, I coulda sold em, and had 3k ped more on my card for more hunting, but instead, I used em on my item... so I have 3k ped fewer on my ped card than I could have.

This just seems like a different way of looking at it. doesnt feel like either is right or wrong. Sure I only lost 1k ped getting them so in that sense they are only worth 1k. on the other hand, now that I have farmed them, I coulda sold em too, so they "cost" me 3k too. On the other other hand, maybe in someones head they now cost 4k, since they spend 1k to get em and then didnt sell them lol. bottom line... MATH, IS, FUN lol

cheers

Edit: Oh, pc for f-106... 3.8 and 5k,something both seems too much. no use using depth enhancers on these kinda unL finders right now. L is cheaper in every way. Costs to tier/cycle be damned if it has no use. But buyers may pay for something that may change in the future. So if the last one sold for 3.8k, thats prolly the lowest you should sell for, otherwise a reseller will snatch it up and sell for more. if you're buying, I wouldnt go over 4k even if he does a great sales pitch and "has many offers"? tho to be fair, dont listen to me, I dont know shit about trading and prices and how they change over time.
I'll try to keep it brief without delving into the entirety of market dynamics... There truly is a lot of factors at play even in this seemingly simple scenario.

In these scenarios, the end goal is to have a tiered item to use, correct?

If you sell the components for 3k, you're still without the tiers on your item.

Yes, you could buy an already tiered item with that profit but now you're trying to predict the market and chancing someone is offloading theirs at a cheaper price and not considering current tier markup, right? The supply of these items is pretty limited and is lagging behind demand in most of these scenarios, especially for items with long term utility like Finders (among others). Who's to say the market doesn't level out at the inflated prices, shoot up even higher or crash to 105%? Well, MindArk kind of has that say but speculation will still occur. You're adding another layer of complexity and risk in exchange for your time.

Okay, so if you keep them and tier your item, you're out 1k because of the system rake, which you would be out anyways... You have a tiered item, which you wanted, you saved 2k vs buying them and you're only out the time it took you to collect them.

It's truly a game of patience, Mr. Buffet also concurs. The market is a tool to move capital from the impatient to the patient. It relies on there being ignorance in the equation, which I'm not certain is morally consciousable (rising tides raise all ships) but that's a different topic altogether.

I’ll echo folks like Jade and Thark, there is not much of any benefit to a tiered UL finder like this, so any value is really just for the novelty. F-106’s aren’t that novel though, so it’s not a special case like Lone Eagle getting their TM8 to tier 10.

To target pretty much any depth, it’s always just a little bit cheaper to use L finders than enhancers on an F-106. We as miners just don’t have any incentive right now to use depth finder enhancers (leaving range enhancers out of it this discussion).

At that point, it doesn’t really matter what the current costs are to tier, there’s just not that value to the buyer. If I have an UL finder, I have to ask myself before tiering if it’s really worth it. If I wouldn’t tier it myself, I wouldn’t buy one for existing tiers either. That’s just the market reality right now.

Last edited:
Back