Help: Finding a New Home

Society
Swamp Villagers
The White Dot
I kinda have a rock in the stomach feeling atm, people are very important to me, and regardless of my excelled ability to understand the inner workings of the game, I took a misguided step in how to pick a society which fits me.

I previously posted for some guidance, and while I honestly fubar'ed it a bit, in the end I received some appreciated blunt, honest and helpful replies which nudged me back on the right track.

So to hopefully avoid making future mistakes, I would really like to hear from others with more experience the best possible methods to getting a feel for several societies, the way they work, and their pro's/con's, to make a solid long term decision.

Total Skills: 17,280
Total Attributes: 220

Last edited:
Best thing to do is to hang out with people from one society and get a feel for it first, before commiting.

Had about the same problem before, my first society had some amazing people inside, but as it turned out our schedules didn't match and I either spend most of my time alone or with people from another soc - the one I am now.

Take your time, and remember, you don't have to be in the same soc to hang out with people or have activities with them ;)

Wonder hat soc that was Manny :D

But you are right, get one in your own time zone if possible (or another timezone if your playing times are a bit weird), talk to a few members before you join or just join and don't mind hopping between socs for a while until you found the right one. You are always welcome to try out mine.

Guess you're referring to this. Good luck finding a society that fits you, and you it.

...I previously posted for some guidance, and while I honestly fubar'ed it a bit, in the end I received some appreciated blunt, honest and helpful replies which nudged me back on the right track...

Wonder hat soc that was Manny :D

But you are right, get one in your own time zone if possible (or another timezone if your playing times are a bit weird), talk to a few members before you join or just join and don't mind hopping between socs for a while until you found the right one. You are always welcome to try out mine.

Gee, i don't know... :laugh:

The Company is highly recommended by the way if your playing times match ;) Mine were way too weird unfortunately :/

In my case I was just luckey, happened to be in the right place at the right time and for once said something smart. (Hey, I was due!).

For the soc part, they were in the wrong spot at the wrong time. ;)

I found my home, they help me, they laugh at me and the cheer when I explain my grandiose plans. Sure, Im sure they laugh behind my back, but thats the life of a newbie.

But key point was Fishface, I took a liking to him early as he is a good guy, and he has been a friend / mentor since then. But now I found myself with a whole soc that acts as my mentors and stop me when I am about to spend all my PEDs in some crazy idea I got "Cmon guys, I know this will work this time!". "FFS DERID! WE SAID NO!"

Get to know them, try it for a week or something. I went in with no hopes and got everything.

Hi The White Dot! :)

I know what you mean......a poor choice of society when i was a n00b actually ended up with me leaving EU for about a year, so choice of society is very important i think.

Fortunately i stumbled upon a great society when i returned (Tomorrow Troops) who were friendly, helpful, active, and showed me the ropes (all very important in whatever society you decide to go in).

Unfortunately, things don't always last.......just like my old Tomorrow Troops society........but now i'm in another great one, all with the same attributes.......and i am very fortunate to love the current socity i'm in! :yay:

As a summary

(1) Try out different societies, until you find one that meets the criteria i set out above.

(2) If a society is inactive, or dosn't suit your playing style (even if you like some/all the society members in it), just move to another society........just because your in another society dosn't mean you can't remain friends with the people you have already met! :wtg:

Hope this helps!!

What Larry said, try a society don't be afraid to leave if it's not the right one for you.

You can never really know everything about a society even if you do your research. You only find that out when your in it. So my advice would be to tell them when you join that your looking around for "your" society and you may not be in it too long. Most people will understand and you'll make new friends in all the socities you visit.

Good luck :beerchug:

Back