Help: Finding only one resource, same sized claims, for over 100 drops!

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Is that really dynamic?

A old friend of mine once went to CND (a.k.a FOMA today) years ago, with big amps he strapped on his finder and he saw the fame... Or did he?

Every find he got was lysterium, same depth on every claim, same size(V)... Now same seems to be happening to me(however I am not using a amp) , I relogged once, I relogged twice, I relogged thrice during the WHOLE DAY, started early this morning, after about 10 finds in a row with only belk (not "in a row", ofc there was a few NRF in between) I relogged, logged back in a few hours later, same thing.... Keeping in mind what happened to my friend I relogged again and waited, now I am logged in for the 4th time and the same shit is happening ....

Dynamic? Is my finder the ultimate Belkar finder?

I'm in the middle of nowhere as I post this, not dropping a bomb unless I know what to do.... Pictures says most of my case

But here is the info: over 100 probes dropped (101 to be exact, started at 500, in pic you can see 399 remaining)

Only find I got, was belkar.. Size V, and it seems to stay that way as I post this... Gonna keep pushing it, who knows maybe something big awaits me?

Anyone else had this as well? :)

Also note the other person right at me, I told him about my case as he asked how my run was going... He dropped a probe right at my feet, found some duru right next to me =)

Please note:

THIS IS BORING AS HELL!!!

However, my TT return's are not that low, so I can keep pushing it (you can see my ores finds, and in 100 drops, 80 ped~ tt belk is ok for me I suppose so I am happy :)

SOOTO just happened (not a real sooto ofc) but I got a IX belkar find, that pushed the returns up to my TT value of spent probes :p So I am doing really good TT wise, but hell... Belk only lol

Last edited:
I'll be posting pictures here of my newly find belkars to see how long this lasts:

:lolup: fail print screen but I think you can see it anyway

Edit:

Now when dropping a probe, I noticed my "reload" time were like 10 times longer, tried to write something in all chat and bam, D/C, got a print.. Gonna see where I log back in. Who guesses rubberbanding far back from earlier this morning when belk finds started appearing? :yay:

Logging back in at same location as I got the D/C on..

Edit:

The spree goes on:

Edit:

OK something happened after DC now!

Ample, belkar ofc!

But more dynamic than the V claims at least... LOL

Last edited:
Is that really dynamic?

Please note:

THIS IS BORING AS HELL!!!

last year MA decided to make mining more exciting and this looks like one of the side effects of their tampering, some of us miners tried to get this issue some more attention at the time but....

Consistent returns, sure

Only 1 resource found in over 100 drops?

Fuck no lol, that's not a "change" in the system. I agree that there HAS been a change, ofc, i do not mind that.

I have a feeling that has to be a bug, exactly same sized claims, same resource, in a area that I yday did not find a single type of that resource(ok I lied, about 2 . I have been traveling from Camp Megavolt & south to PA, from Shinook jungle and around in two different ways.. Yesterday in 380 drops or so, can find result in my blog, there was one or two claims of belk, mixed with a ton of other resources. The chances of finding the same resource, over and over and over for over 100 drops, is that how the new mining system works?

As said earlier, my TT return is just fine and I am doing good ;) but I think this is kinda stupid lol

Last edited:

well most of those links are gamblers crying they cant get their fix when returns are steady, nothing to do with resource types, you have to go back further in the forum for that information

You seem to be mining in the same area?

Also, you probably know this, but there are days where, e.g.

Lyst
belk
Gold

can all be found in X area,

some days you will find 80/15/5 others 20/40/40

etc.

So

?

Also, you will not find much bigger than a V on planet.

Although, not really sure what you are on about, so if you could sum it up in 3 lines, would be helpful.

well most of those links are gamblers crying they cant get their fix when returns are steady, nothing to do with resource types, you have to go back further in the forum for that information
I did say "Just from the first page" :p
And those are about the change in returns, think, if you flip to the 2nd page of the Mining sub-forum, you'll find more about resources.

And, dunno if it's worth going more into that, as Kim said in the interview that they'll be changing spawn locations again in the future.

I have a feeling that has to be a bug, exactly same sized claims, same resource, in a area that I yday did not find a single type of that resource. I have been traveling from Camp Megavolt & south to PA, from Shinook jungle and around in two different ways.. Yesterday in 380 drops or so, can find result in my blog, there was one or two claims of belk, mixed with a ton of other resources. The chances of finding the same resource, over and over and over for over 100 drops, is that how the new mining system works?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...95-answers-i-expect-from-the-mining-dev-notes

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?237910-Why-the-Hell-Caly-have-now-90-Lyst

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235974-Too-Much-Lyst!!!!

You seem to be mining in the same area?

Also, you probably know this, but there are days where, e.g.

Lyst
belk
Gold

can all be found in X area,

some days you will find 80/15/5 others 20/40/40

etc.

So

?

Also, you will not find much bigger than a V on planet.

Although, not really sure what you are on about, so if you could sum it up in 3 lines, would be helpful.

Thought I wrote it somewhere in my post, but this isn't my only area I have been mining.

I've been running from Megavolt camp, down to PA.. Only belk, took south from shinook, turned east, went up north. Only belk.

Went back to shinook jungle TP, went south again, turned west, then north. Not overlaping any of my bombs, never double drops....

Belk everywhere, I mean everywhere....... only belkar finds seems wrong. I wouldn't mind to see 1 lysterium in between, that would at least give me a sense that I can find anything but belkar with the same sized claims..

I will mention it again so people do not get it wrong:

I have nice TT returns, I do not mind that part. It's just so damn boring and seems like a bug to me! Only belkar finds for a whole day lol, I hope it changes for the last 380 drops for a bit more fun :p

Lyst
belk
Gold

I wish I could find gold and lyst as well, that would make time fly by even more... Finding the same ore over and over makes me feel like I am re-living the same prob(ing)e up my ass over and over lol :D

And again: TT returns are still fine, I'm happy that way... Just make it more fun MA; things like this should not have to happen

Last edited:
Consistent returns, sure

Only 1 resource found in over 100 drops?

Fuck no lol, that's not a "change" in the system. I agree that there HAS been a change, ofc, i do not mind that.

I have a feeling that has to be a bug, exactly same sized claims, same resource, in a area that I yday did not find a single type of that resource(ok I lied, about 2 . I have been traveling from Camp Megavolt & south to PA, from Shinook jungle and around in two different ways.. Yesterday in 380 drops or so, can find result in my blog, there was one or two claims of belk, mixed with a ton of other resources. The chances of finding the same resource, over and over and over for over 100 drops, is that how the new mining system works?

As said earlier, my TT return is just fine and I am doing good ;) but I think this is kinda stupid lol

There has been changes to resource locations apparently. Judging from the map you seem to be atleast close to one of the locations that changed (for me atleast). For instance, i used to mine in OLA 58 often, where i'd find belkar, gazzurdite, some other random stuff and Kanerium (which was like 400% markup), nowadays i can only find 1 lysterium every 10 drops there, but as soon as i changed to other areas i had better results and varied resource finds, so that might just be it.

There has been changes to resource locations apparently. Judging from the map you seem to be atleast close to one of the locations that changed (for me atleast). For instance, i used to mine in OLA 58 often, where i'd find belkar, gazzurdite, some other random stuff and Kanerium (which was like 400% markup), nowadays i can only find 1 lysterium every 10 drops there, but as soon as i changed to other areas i had better results and varied resource finds, so that might just be it.

I found kanerium here yesterday, and zanderium or w/e it is called.. Both sold over night at auction without problems at over 400% =)

(I am aware that it is a rare find and do not expect to find it every day)

Can the difference really be this big, that one day I can find about 10-11 different resources in 100 drops, the next day only 1, the same, resource?

That's a flaw if that's the new system and then we could lock this thread I suppose... (mod note: do not lock until we have confirmed it tho, not just yet... ;))

The spree goes on!

Now another IX belkar :S

Edit:

Edit:

Last edited:
This will have to be it for this evening for me :D

hilarious ending on a hilarious mining trip(that is not over yet, part 2 tomorrow)

I walked across a server border and took damage equal to my HP in one single hit.... No idea where it came from lol

I think something is wrong with my avatar and I will make a support case asking mindark to take a look at this thread and move my avatar to another location to hopefully "sync" my avatar back to where I should be... Feels like I am actually somewhere else, or at least that the server thinks I am somewhere else :p

will continue the run tomorrow and hopefully, my first claim, will be something else than Belkar, I will post results in here tomorrow when I am logged in...

It has been boring, but at the same time a really really hilarious evening :D

wait.... Earlier up top I wrote that this is boring as hell, almost 1.5 hours later... The funniest evening mining in a long time, maybe Mindark are up to something.... The end result for me at least is that I am happy and I enjoyed the run :p something out of the ordinary mining run for me.... :yay::yay:

Return was nice as mentioned before...

adding probes and my belkar finds I have a return over 500 peds, even when counting the finder and extractor decay... So all good it seems, just a very odd evening :D

This will have to be it for this evening for me :D

hilarious ending on a hilarious mining trip(that is not over yet, part 2 tomorrow)

I walked across a server border and took damage equal to my HP in one single hit.... No idea where it came from lol

I think something is wrong with my avatar and I will make a support case asking mindark to take a look at this thread and move my avatar to another location to hopefully "sync" my avatar back to where I should be... Feels like I am actually somewhere else, or at least that the server thinks I am somewhere else :p

will continue the run tomorrow and hopefully, my first claim, will be something else than Belkar, I will post results in here tomorrow when I am logged in...

It has been boring, but at the same time a really really hilarious evening :D

wait.... Earlier up top I wrote that this is boring as hell, almost 1.5 hours later... The funniest evening mining in a long time, maybe Mindark are up to something.... The end result for me at least is that I am happy and I enjoyed the run :p something out of the ordinary mining run for me.... :yay::yay:

Return was nice as mentioned before...

adding probes and my belkar finds I have a return over 500 peds, even when counting the finder and extractor decay... So all good it seems, just a very odd evening :D

Belkar intoxication, no doubt.
As for the kanerium, i found like 4 deposits in 3 runs there, and today if i go there it's lysterium, so i don't doubt the changes. What i can suggest is... Move your dead bones, man! Go elsewhere far away... My theme for bad runs! :laugh:

Belkar intoxication, no doubt.
As for the kanerium, i found like 4 deposits in 3 runs there, and today if i go there it's lysterium, so i don't doubt the changes. What i can suggest is... Move your dead bones, man! Go elsewhere far away... My theme for bad runs! :laugh:

nice link :D

I will log on tomorrow (in about 8-9 hours) and give it a few more drops. My tt returns were ok and I like that, it might have changed by tomorrow though so that my randomness of size and resource will be back?

Last edited:
but why would you mine the purple zone? it's belkar only now. MA got tired of people farming ruga and getting ruga towers so this happened.

Talking about "Dynamic"...

Yesterday, I performed a 98 dual drops (MD-40 finder with level 2 amp) in OLA 61. Found 31 ore claims and 23 enmatter claims.

For ores, 25 out of the 31 claims were... BELKAR! Mostly ranging from size III to VI. Only 6 Gazzurdite's claims. Thought I entered into the unknown "Belkar's Land"... o_O

maybe you just never understood mining much :/

do more experiments maybe you will understand what the issue is?
i don't see it, sounds like your only mining one spot and you seem to land on the belk wave spawn?

just go explore mining more....

I think the 1 material only thing still is tied together with the mining change somehow. I mean Kim in his interview told that they are looking into reducing the amount of different stacks in hunting, so imho they could be messing around with mining too. The whole idea for the mining update was to give more stable returns and let people mine more on a tight budget. So if you are getting less types of materials at the same time, it helps newbies as well, because you suddenly don't need that much ped cycle to be able to sell them at auction at decent prices and w/o huge fee loss or outrageous "fees" from traders.

but why would you mine the purple zone? it's belkar only now. MA got tired of people farming ruga and getting ruga towers so this happened.

As I wrote above, I tried here 2 days ago, in 380 drops I got 2 belkar claims

The next day, over 100 drops with only belkar finds. seems well balanced :p maybe I draineda ll the other ores the other day? Will try today and see if I find more belkar after being offline for over 10 hours :)

Talking about "Dynamic"...

Yesterday, I performed a 98 dual drops (MD-40 finder with level 2 amp) in OLA 61. Found 31 ore claims and 23 enmatter claims.

For ores, 25 out of the 31 claims were... BELKAR! Mostly ranging from size III to VI. Only 6 Gazzurdite's claims. Thought I entered into the unknown "Belkar's Land"... o_O

Nice, some gazz at least :D

maybe you just never understood mining much :/

do more experiments maybe you will understand what the issue is?
i don't see it, sounds like your only mining one spot and you seem to land on the belk wave spawn?

just go explore mining more....

I was not only at the place where the prints are, as mentioned in the thread earlier I had the same results at eudoria, all across the west side from north to south.... lol

If I had only gotten this from mining at one area, I wouldn't have made the thread at all. It is the fact that everywhere I went yesterday I found Belk and belkar only :D

(As mentioned, TT returns were fine, not whining... It just seems broken to find only 1 resource where-ever I went :) )

I think the 1 material only thing still is tied together with the mining change somehow. I mean Kim in his interview told that they are looking into reducing the amount of different stacks in hunting, so imho they could be messing around with mining too. The whole idea for the mining update was to give more stable returns and let people mine more on a tight budget. So if you are getting less types of materials at the same time, it helps newbies as well, because you suddenly don't need that much ped cycle to be able to sell them at auction at decent prices and w/o huge fee loss or outrageous "fees" from traders.

Now this ^ is something I missed from the interview (didn't listen to the whole) and that might very well be something that occoured to me yesterday!

I wonder however how it can change so dramatically from 1 day to the other? One day, 11 resources in 100 drops, the other, over 100 drops and only belkar... If they balanced it just a bit more, perhaps I only found 5 resources the first day, and 3-4 the next (which would be yesterday)...

Thanks for the info Futu =)

For those interested, after yesterday finding only belkar and absolutely no other resource... Today on my second drop I found a zinc claim right where I ran around yday hilariously laughing about only belk being found... Being logged of for a while seem to have fixed it :)

or you never understood how mining works....

and your just on a new 'resource' wave.

gl with that.

or you never understood how mining works....

and your just on a new 'resource' wave.

gl with that.

I'm sorry, perhaps I never did understand it... Would you care to explain to me so I do not have to make another thread or bump this in the future when I think something is wrong?

I mean, come on... :) One resource, several different places, no other claim... Can you tell me how that works out? :p

I'm serious, since I do not understand it.. What am I missing? =)

I'm sorry, perhaps I never did understand it... Would you care to explain to me so I do not have to make another thread or bump this in the future when I think something is wrong?

I mean, come on... :) One resource, several different places, no other claim... Can you tell me how that works out? :p

I'm serious, since I do not understand it.. What am I missing? =)

it works like this..... some dude @ MA office wanted to fuck around with smoeone by giving him/her only 1 kind of loot. that time the MA employee went for you :D

ohhh the precious balance system has a power beyond us ....

to make markets work certain things must occur...... since more miners are among us, things must now work more on timers... and waves.............

if you can't understand this. i apologize.

ohhh the precious balance system has a power beyond us ....

to make markets work certain things must occur...... since more miners are among us, things must now work more on timers... and waves.............

if you can't understand this. i apologize.

So having runs with nothing but one single resource for 140~ drops is normal to you, and all other miners then?

My bad, just never happened to me in my 9 years of entropia.

Been mining on and off during that time, but I must have missed the waves until last night :)

Did I hear something about WAVES??? You know what else has waves? (I think you do)....

bacon.jpg

... but seriously, Trash is right. Back in the day, you could do a shinook run and pretty much guarantee yourself a return of 1/3 gazz, 1/3 duru, 1/3 belk (not counting rares/larger claims). Nowadays, you could get 100% belkar, logoff and come back the next day and get nothing but gazz/duru, logoff and come back the next day and get all of them combined, logoff and come back and get nothing but lyst.

AHHHH the balancing team.

My last shinook mining run: 99% belkar from about 100 drops. Hopefully it's not my last shinook run ever.

... but seriously, Trash is right. Back in the day, you could do a shinook run and pretty much guarantee yourself a return of 1/3 gazz, 1/3 duru, 1/3 belk (not counting rares/larger claims). Nowadays, you could get 100% belkar, logoff and come back the next day and get nothing but gazz/duru, logoff and come back the next day and get all of them combined, logoff and come back and get nothing but lyst.

AHHHH the balancing team.

My last shinook mining run: 99% belkar from about 100 drops. Hopefully it's not my last shinook run ever.
I don't think i've noticed any timer on Belk yet (sorry, only dropped 1200 drops so far in that area now in the new system after having a break), did get some streaks of 50+ NRF's in a row or so, but distribution seems pretty okay to me, if you mine the right spots.
But generally the MU on ores on Caly has gone quite down so that there's no much point in using higher finders, not to mention amps. ('cept a few select places).

Just out of curiosity, after these mere 1200 unamped drops, i'm at 85% TT returns, how is it for others? I don't see "getting a big one" (or even a mediocre one, or even a global) as an option really anymore, amongst those drops i got 1 * XI, the next biggest one has been V (the usual devil).
Then again, the 85% TT reflects perfectly the last ~200k peds cycled in the last system (when i used amps, now it's pointless).

Back