First 10,000 clicks

kebplay

Stalker
Keira Gypsy Croft
I thought I'd try crafting and after reading the forums started skilling on Basic Filters and Standard. Here's the results after 10K boring clicks:

Loot: 424 PED
Costs: 530 PED
Profit: -106 PED
BQR: 75.8
Manufacture Mech Equip: +143
Engineering: +112
Mechanics: +67
Time: ~17 hrs

The next 10K clicks (20,000):
Loot: 439 PED
Costs: 530 PED
Profit: -91 PED
BQR: 89.4
Manufacture Mech Equip: +121
Engineering: +97
Mechanics: +65
Time: ~18 hrs

The next 10K clicks (30,000):
Loot: 418 PED
Costs: 568 PED
Profit: -150 PED
Manufacture Mech Equip: +90
Engineering: +74
Mechanics: +54
Time: ~19 hrs

The next 10K clicks, now on dampers (40,000):
Loot: 564 PED
Costs: 735 PED
Profit: -171 PED
Manufacture Mech Equip: +111
Engineering: +87
Mechanics: +85
Time: ~20 hrs

The next 10K clicks, now on dampers (50,000):
Loot: 616 PED
Costs: 730 PED
Profit: -114 PED
Manufacture Mech Equip: +103
Engineering: +81
Mechanics: +69
Time: ~20 hrs

The next 10K clicks, now on dampers (60,000):
Loot: 587 PED
Costs: 732 PED
Profit: -145 PED
Manufacture Mech Equip: +136
Engineering: +97
Mechanics: +59
Time: ~18 hrs

Passed level 5 during this run, half way to BPC :)

The next 10K clicks, now on dampers (70,000):
Loot: 602 PED
Costs: 740 PED
Profit: -138 PED
Manufacture Mech Equip: +119
Engineering: +134
Mechanics: +41

The next 10K clicks, now on dampers (80,000):
Loot: 650 PED
Costs: 750 PED
Profit: -100 PED
Manufacture Mech Equip: +84
Engineering: +100
Mechanics: +38

Last edited:
how many clicks in one session? remember to do it for a longer period of time.. and DONT take any breaks :)

17 Hrs of clicking over 5 days, did a bit of hunting between 1000 click sessions.

200k clicks is a conservative estimate ;) its probably closer to 270k clicks depending on your starting skills. Either way good luck! :wtg:

save your mouse...some holidays provided?? :D

how many clicks in one session? remember to do it for a longer period of time.. and DONT take any breaks :)

Legion has a point. You should try doing longer sessions. Though, you'll probably still end up losing peds. I know i lost a couple hundred peds when i skilled basic filters and standard dampers.

Good luck.

i just started some small crafting 2 :p its sooo boring ;P and now with the residu at low % i make loss evertime before it was +- 0 :p ohh well :p gl on ur crafting

As with anything in Entropia. If its boring, don't do it. I was trying carpet tiles too but mine was a 1000 click experiment over 10 100 click sessions. It doesn't get boring if you mix it up ;) plus with good soc mates to talk to and 2 screens there is plenty to do while your at it ;)

If you want to "catch up" to the ubers then you are better off buying skills

Hehe after a while filters won't give much exp and you should switch to dampers. I have probably done about 5k clicks on filters and I know I have done at least 80k clicks on dampers (a bit more, because I use up the extra resources from near success).
Yeah I have done all those clicks and still 3 levels away from BPC :D

Buy the skills you need...:monkey:

At the moment per 1 PED spent I'm getting 1.4 Manufacturing skills, 1.0 Engineering and 0.6 Mechanics. I think it's best to wait until the skill rate drops off before looking at buying skills.

Legion has a point. You should try doing longer sessions.

hi, hoots.

I'm not sure about this. in fact, I do just the opposite. I will set up for a run, and I'll take many breaks. I'll stop and go get a snack. I'll go and see what the bird is doing. all sorts of things. in between, I'll press the mouse button for a while.

sometimes, I'll break the run up over a few days doing maybe a half hour at a time. I might go do something else for a while and come back to it.

oh, and to the original poster:

the conventional wisdom use to be to make filters until your hands bled. that was based on the old crafting system, and I'm don't believe it's as valid today. sure, you can still do this, but if it was me and I wanted to work on mechanical components, I'd buy a QR100 dampers print and use that exclusively until level 10.

Wow, all these clicks... Will the mouse be able to take the abuse? Hopefully it will :) Mice are pretty robust...

- Nightwolf

I have skilled a few times on Basic Filters but the higher the QR the harder it is to go higher if you get what i mean, I have a Basic Filters QR of 87 and 37. In my opion you get more skill from a lower QR than a higher one hense why i started a new BP and now have it at 37QR.

When doing crafting runs i tend to do 100 Clicks, or 250-500, depends in what your making really. And it does help when you have some good ppl to talk to on Team Speak or something!

Added the next 10K clicks to the first post.
I tried Standard dampers for 1K clicks, they did give me a bit better skill rate but I had more than double the loss in PEDs, so I'll stick to Basic filters for now.

I'm eager to see how this plays out, keep it up :)

+Rep

I just added the next 10K clicks to the first post, things to note:
Once up to level 2.5 in Mechanical Engineering profession and with a BQR over 97 the skill gain on basic filters was getting very low, I tried a new BP and this improved things a bit but found Standard Dampers to give a higher skill rate but about the same skill per PED rate. So since 28K clicks I am now skilling on Standard Dampers.

Some newbie questions...

Well, since we're all talking about this stuff, I have a question forming in my mind:

As a newbie, should I use my Dampers BP at QR 1, or QR 100?

In other words, which will yield more loot, and which will yield more skills? (Hopefully the answer to both will be the same BP...) ;-)

Thanks!

Daniel

I was thinking about starting crafting - but 270k clicks???!?!?!?

For what? BPC? or just until you are decent enough to start crafting proper useful stuff?

Not sure i have the patience for that...:(

Easy answer:

If you got a QR100 BP use it, better return on it as you have more success on the long run.

QR doesn´t influence the skillgains, imho.

Disclamier: I am not a crafter, so feel free to discount this.

Realy like Pinky said, where are you going with this?

Also like kira-red said, the skilling till your fingers bleed on filters is from the old school system.

The % the BPC adds to your succes and over all effency is not going to be much till you get the BPC very high.

I would think (IMO) that skilling in the true feild that you want to craft in will be much more rewarding than having a filters or a tube bp at 100 QR. So you unlock BPC through components :yay: now you still have to do all those clicks in the desired field still and the low BPC isnt gonna help much.

Im sure the "Skill you componets first" way will save you some ped but I cant belive it would save you a whole lot. + All the time put into the components when you could be skilling something else. Like I said this is just IMO, GL :)

Disclamier: I am not a crafter, so feel free to discount this.

Realy like Pinky said, where are you going with this?

Also like kira-red said, the skilling till your fingers bleed on filters is from the old school system.

The % the BPC adds to your succes and over all effency is not going to be much till you get the BPC very high.

I would think (IMO) that skilling in the true feild that you want to craft in will be much more rewarding than having a filters or a tube bp at 100 QR. So you unlock BPC through components :yay: now you still have to do all those clicks in the desired field still and the low BPC isnt gonna help much.

Im sure the "Skill you componets first" way will save you some ped but I cant belive it would save you a whole lot. + All the time put into the components when you could be skilling something else. Like I said this is just IMO, GL :)

Skilling with components builds engineering skill, too.
Its one of the most important skills in crafting, as it counts to every crafting proffession!
Surely you may build up your engineering skill with attachments, too.

But its much more expencive!

Doing attachments at 5 PED / click or doing components at 0,05 PED / click.

Think about this !!!

So let's say you put in the 270k clicks, or 500k clicks... Is crafting your best bet for turning a profit in EU, or like hunting and mining do higher skills really just translate to higher stakes and the only way to be profitable is to be really lucky or to out barter your fellow 'participants'?

You will not need 270k clicks, it's like half that.
:lolup:

And by "10 clicks" - do you really mean "10 clicks" or did you start out with enough material for 10k clicks?

Not that I would recomend doing short runs, but I doubt there is anything to gain in doing as long runs as possible.

17 Hrs of clicking over 5 days, did a bit of hunting between 1000 click sessions.

This, however, will screw up your results for sure. :)

Also about breaks - feel you're loosing too much? Take a break, for a few days. When you start again your return will usually be better - not that you are gaining more from this, but instead of letting the system hold your money for a longer time it will pay out sooner (or at least without you feeding it too much before pay day). ;)

Skilling with components builds engineering skill, too.
Its one of the most important skills in crafting, as it counts to every crafting proffession!
Surely you may build up your engineering skill with attachments, too.

But its much more expencive!

Doing attachments at 5 PED / click or doing components at 0,05 PED / click.

Think about this !!!

Yes but arent the skill gains based on the cost to craft the item? example one skill gain on something that cost 10 peds = 10 skill gains on something that cost 1ped?

My Suggestion to you would be to forget dampers and filters. Yes i know thats the basic things to get to bpc. But look at other bps. Like Sensors, that sell for 145%, Basic Sheet Metal, that sells for 175%, or Basic Bearings that sells for 137%. They can auctually bring you profit, or at least cut down your loosses.

Crafting anything from armour, weapons, tailoring or attachments is extremely stupid for now. Because all low lvl things arent going to have a markup, unless of course u trying to get an ath from oa101 or other lvl 1 attachments. From tools, well um it could be a bit ok due to the markup on some faps, but even so.
So my suggestion is to craft some components that have a markup.

GL with your goal :)

In other words, which will yield more loot, and which will yield more skills? (Hopefully the answer to both will be the same BP...) ;-)

Daniel,
I don't think it makes much difference to skills but it does to number of dampers produced. Here's my log per 1000 clicks:

BQR Dampers
14.3 1862
35.3 2198
45.9 2382
52.2 2570
57.3 2284
61.6 2553
66.7 2552
69.5 2630
72.1 2816
74.5 3129
76.3 2758
78.3 2659
81.4 2873
83 2796

So it's well worth getting a BP over about 0.6.

And I have updated the original post here with the next 10,000 clicks.

My Suggestion to you would be to forget dampers and filters. Yes i know thats the basic things to get to bpc. But look at other bps. Like Sensors, that sell for 145%, Basic Sheet Metal, that sells for 175%, or Basic Bearings that sells for 137%. They can auctually bring you profit, or at least cut down your loosses.

Do you think so?

I say no, as your CoS is very bad at the beginning.
If you get a QR BP (buying it) it may be done this way, but consider this:

Baisc Sensors
1xBelkar + 1xAlicenes
Base TT value = 0,16 PED.
Both with higher markup than Lyst and Oil

Basic Sheet Metal
1xNarc + 1xAlicens
Base TT value = 0,34 PED

Basic Bearing
1xBlaus + 1xBelkar
Base TT value = 0,24 PED

Your average return is based on the TT value you put in, and due to lack of skills and QR on the BPs your average return wouldn´t be that very good. Be lucky if you get back 80% (could be considered as a very good run for a noob)

Calculation 1k clicks and average Return of 80%

Basic Filters
input = 50 PED TT (markup around 5-10%) = 55 PED
Return = 40 PED TT Food (50% in Residue)
Paid for skilling: 15 PED

Standart Dampers
input = 70 PED TT (markup around 5-10%) = 77 PED
Return = 56 PED TT Food (50% in Residue)
Paid for skilling: 21 PED

Basic Sensor
input = 160 PED TT (markup around 20%) = 192 PED
Return = 128 PED (50% in Residue) = 64 PED TT Food + 64 PED (145%) = 156.80 PED
Paid for skilling: 35,20 PED

Basic Sheet Metal
input = 340 PED (markup Ali 20% Narc 50%) = 504 PED
Return = 272 PED (50% in Residue) = 136 PED TT Food + 136 PED (175%) = 374 PED
Paid for skilling: 130 PED
you find a good buyer at 200%
136 PED TT Food + 136 PED (200%) = 408 PED
Paid for skilling still: 96 PED

Basic Bearing
input = 240 PED TT (markup around 20%) = 288 PED
Return = 192 PED (50% in Residue) = 96 PED TT Food + 96 PED (137%) = 227,52 PED
Paid for skilling: 60,48 PED

Skillgains:
Skillgains may be equal on all LVL1 BPs and a little more on the LVL3 BP (Standart Damper)

Considering this its kind of stupid to craft something else than Filters/Dampers just for skilling.

If you get a small gloabal (50ish) on Filters/Dampers/Sensors its a profit!)
If you get a small global (50ish) on Sheet Metal/Bearing its still a loss.

Check all this old threads about skilling to BPC unlock, all will say do it with Filters/Dampers.

If you don´t like Mechanic and prefer skilling from begin on in the Metal or Electronic Proffession, you should use other BPs like:

Basic Auxillary Socket or Basic Prozessor (Electronic)
Basic Tube and Basic Bolts (Metal)

Its a little more expencive than Filters/Damer, but you got skills in the proffessions that are more important in a future state of crafting.

Did my BPC unlock with Dampers!
I prefer to skill all three component proffessions equal, so I can always crafte the components I need myself (for some aditional skillgains).
Atm I am mainly on Metal and Electronic to bring that to the same LVL than my Mechanic Prof!

I was thinking about starting crafting - but 270k clicks???!?!?!?

For what? BPC? or just until you are decent enough to start crafting proper useful stuff?

Not sure i have the patience for that...:(

Not 100% sure of the rest of this, but I am nowhere near BPC and don't worry as long as I have some nice BPs to craft stuff I actually use....big L longblades are low lvl BPs and are nice for skilling and/or hunting depending on which you choose. Amps and breers come in handy too. I don't sell anything I make, and only buy BPs for items I can use.

the only reason I touch filters and dampers is because I mine the raw materials easily and I get skills and residue from that activity. TBH I'd probably be better selling them and buying the res though.

This is one profession that cries out for chipping and spending peds on BPs to craft useful stuff.

t

This is one profession that cries out for chipping and spending peds on BPs to craft useful stuff.

Agree, buying a useful BP to craft the weapons, amps, faps or any other item you use yourself is a good investment.

Anyway skilling in crafting proffessions is expencive and often you will see after a craftingrun, that chipping the same amount of skills you got would have been a lot cheaper ;)

Back