First and last :)

Status

ChrisPope

Old
In RL life experience east and west (Europe) with a few (many years) North America, I dont saw :eek: a prove how much can be worse understand ''that shit right to speak'' :mad:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropiaforum/165930-thread-closing.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-do-you-think-about-being-alpha-testers.html

Sorry Neo (you are a tinny diammont in this big shit :confused:) but this,that :( MA, think :rolleyes:we are only numbers :scratch2:
Was our fault beacouse without ours depozits and time spend here in game ! made them think we had no right to speak or say about we think :mad:
i saw a lot of i lose here ..... i win here ... was not why we come here it was a little something else .... :(

Keep like that MA ....
you will be a little king without vassals ....
think u are that Mindark :laugh: wach that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z6zEHG_qQU&feature=related

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z6zEHG_qQU&feature=related][/YOUTUBE]

Funny how that thread got closed so fast.

I was going to ask what "quickly" means in Sweden...since in the quoted statement from Marco he uses it more than once to describe the 10.1 etc update releases?

t

Huh? Are you saying MA needs to let us express ourselves whether it's good or bad for their reputation? Sorry, you lost me.

711 said that David told him to close that thread....ok whatever...

A good thing to ask right about now would be:
Just how often does MA tell 711 to close a thread, and has 711 ever refused such a request by MA?

Nah.. we are allowed to post most everything here... For one of those closings i did not see a resone however..

didnt read the threads, but the inital thread that got locked was suprising... No matter if we missquote MA officials the thing they should do is to correct us and tell us what they wanted to say, not close the thread to prevent us from speaking about it.

also, i dont mean to put it any less then this; MA/FPC can get the hell out of here if they start telling us/the mods what threads we are allowed to have open and not here, as long as we dont break the forum rules... That thread did not break the rules.
They, just as us, can leave this forum if they dont like what they see...

Well as long ‘gambling is issue’ for some ppl FPC will survive.
I don’t worry about FPC at all.
As MA stated no one force no one to play.;)

PS. If you played many mmo’s it won’t be hard to not play EU when you see the quality of auther AAA titles.
I just started to play WET on PS3 and oh boy some games are just so…:eek:

Last edited:
Nah.. we are allowed to post most everything here... For one of those closings i did not see a resone however..

didnt read the threads, but the inital thread that got locked was suprising... No matter if we missquote MA officials the thing they should do is to correct us and tell us what they wanted to say, not close the thread to prevent us from speaking about it.

also, i dont mean to put it any less then this; MA/FPC can get the hell out of here if they start telling us/the mods what threads we are allowed to have open and not here, as long as we dont break the forum rules... That thread did not break the rules.
They, just as us, can leave this forum if they dont like what they see...

True. In theory.

In practice however I just don't see 711 telling MA to back off. Not gonna happen IMO.
(Not speaking badly about 711 here, just trying to sort through all this.)

True. In theory.

In practice however I just don't see 711 telling MA to back off. Not gonna happen IMO.
(Not speaking badly about 711 here, just trying to sort through all this.)

He got all resones in the world to tell that official that he is wrong and that thread was within the "ok" of the rules. and then dont close it.

711 dont administrate this forum for MA, and him, as well as the officials should act thereafter. As long as EF isnt a offical MA/FPC forum that we are told about, i wont find this ok.

The company I work for has a bad rep in cyberspace and in the press, a lot of what is said is simply not true, and some of it is people lying intentionally to either make us look bad or make themselves look good. We can't respond to any of the comments, if there is a news article that is simply untrue, we just eat the damage and say nothing publicly. To our clients we tell what we believe to be the truth.

I understand where David is coming from but he should not have posted, the reason he shouldn't have posted is the same reason we follow the guidelines I mentioned above. He's justifiably frustrated that the forum community would go so far as to attack people that are new to the game and attempt to drive them away from even trying it out. Some in the community want to hurt MA in any way possible, lie, cheat, steal, whatever, and they will take any filing, any comment by mindark, misquote it, make their own interpretation of it and pass it off as fact, and generally try and drive people away from the game. At the same time the community will demand more communication from MA only to use that communication to launch personal attacks on the employees.

That, unfortunately, is why David should not post on the forums, good or bad. Most games with larger budgets take plenty of negative press and survive, many have died, The successful ones generally have community reps. They give out some information, that information is often wrong, the reps are often replaced after a few months, they are the fall guys for the community, called liars whenever something doesn't work out as planned etc, but they are not the people in charge of developing the game.

I understand his frustration, despite the community telling us how MA hates the players, hates the game, is a greedy bunch of assholes etc, being a software engineer myself I know the developers love the game. They hate it when things don't work, they take it personally, they want players to be happy but they can't give the players everything they want. Seeing people on the forums actively trying to destroy the game they are working on hurts them personally.

So Xzion you are correct, MA should get the hell out of here because the community doesn't want them here.

He got all resones in the world to tell that official that he is wrong and that thread was within the "ok" of the rules. and then dont close it.

711 dont administrate this forum for MA, and him, as well as the officials should act thereafter. As long as EF isnt a offical MA/FPC forum that we are told about, i wont find this ok.

I totally agree its :bs: for MA to come in here and throw their weight around but if you think about it this all puts 711 in a pretty tough spot.

I haven’t followed the issues debated in the closed threads... I got other things to worry about… for example, how can I survive in the game until this “golden Age” is finally over and things return to normal…

However, if the intention was to stop debate, the MA employee managed to shoot himself in the foot. The whole EF is buzzing with theories and comments about this...

There’s more discussion about this now that it could have ever been if clarifications would have been given in the original thread…

There’s a lesson in there somewhere…

...That, unfortunately, is why David should not post on the forums, good or bad....

...So Xzion you are correct, MA should get the hell out of here because the community doesn't want them here.

Right; however it's done now. And as I said in the other thread, a simple PM/email to the Mods will do anyway.
The issue is with 711; he should not allow this behavior no matter what. We'll just have to wait for an answer from him, and see what he plans to do in the future.

I totally agree its :bs: for MA to come in here and throw their weight around but if you think about it this all puts 711 in a pretty tough spot.

As long as this is a unofficial forum its not tough at all for him to simply ignore their request.
Its not like it would do any harm to do so, rather it would strengthen 711 and show that they cannot get everyone to do as they like only because they got a game that he plays.

For some reason MA seems to be mad at the players for not supporting VU 10.0. We did support it though (many still do), I mean I was happy for the first few weeks, but I really hoped to see VU10.1 in the first few weeks, at worst the first month. This expectation is mainly due to what was said here on the forums.

All we want is the truth, if you can't get VU 10.0 out in a year wait to say anything about it, or mention it but say it is planned for the far future. Don't say China will be coming in 2009 if they are not coming, don't release an unfinished product, and if you screw up man up to it say sorry.

I don't know much about keeping a gaming community happy, but I can point out many mmos anger their community. They survive because they always live up to what they say they are going to do, if they say a new update is coming in the Fall it will come in the fall, if they say there will be a new map released during the Summer it comes out during the Summer, etc. This game is different though because the more mone people invest the more they expect, so the goals should be set higher then other mmos, and if MA can't live up to the goals set, they shouldn't set them. If I buy a 100,000 dollar car it better go faster and look better then a car that costs 1,000 dollars, same thing applies here.

FYI: If you run any company don't lock out your top paying customers, it would be like if I ran a bank had someone invest 2 million dollars and then locked the door when ever I saw them coming.

I already addressed this issue in another thread:

Threads are sometimes closed without there having been a particular forum rule violation. For example, if a threadstarter requests that a thread be closed, or if a thread is disrupting the forum.

Considering that David|MindArk felt that he was being misquoted and his viewpoints being misrepresented in the opening post of the thread in question, I think the following forum rule would certainly apply:

Forum Rules said:
2.11 - Entropia Universe Terms of Use/EULA Violation
Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) WILL BE DELETED, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum. This rule includes such things as the sale of avatars, the sale of PED or items for cash, attempts to circumvent the official deposit/withdrawal channels, attempts to exploit a weakness in the client software and/or Entropia Universe servers, or defamation of Mindark, its representatives and/or Entropia Universe.

in line with this portion of the EULA:

k. You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk's Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk's sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.​

I also instructed EF members who may have questions regarding this issue (or any other issue pertaining to the administration of EF) to contact me via PM, NOT create yet another new thread with the same discussion.

My apologies for not posting a lock reason in the thread that was locked, as is customary. I certainly did not wish to cause any further drama or confusion.

If anyone has any further questions about the administration/moderation of EntropiaForum, please feel free to contact me via private message.

:locked:

Just how often does MA tell 711 to close a thread

Extremely rarely.

I can't recall it happening more than 2 or 3 times in the ~3 years I have owned the forum. In all such cases, the thread would very likely have been locked even without MindArk making a specific request. In other words, their 'request' could more aptly be described as an 'alert' about a disruptive thread.

and has 711 ever refused such a request by MA?

No, since such requests only ever have come for threads that clearly deserve to be locked. As I said above, the threads would very like have gotten locked anyway, once a moderator or admin had come across them.

Status
Back