Selling: First Ever Player-Spawned Gorgon Shade Wave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MastaJ

Guardian
After an over three month journey and an investment of over 80,000 PED, I have finally finished the crafting mission of the Gorgon Shade mission. What was originally believed to be a 15-20k investment, soon unraveled into a seemingly bottomless pit. While the hunting and mining missions were only 8 stages, the crafting mission was 12 stages!

I now have all three parts to spawn the Gorgon Shade wave. This will be the first player-spawned Gorgon Shade wave ever. I am the only player able to spawn this mission currently. With current drop rates of quartz it would be next to impossible for any person to start the crafting mission now and finish.

In an effort to recover some of the lost PED, I am offering the unique experience to either have the exclusive first Gorgon Shade spawn or be part of a much larger initial spawn. Please pm any offers either here or in game. I will be taking offers by PM over the next few days while Mayhem is still going on.

The Gorgon Shade wave is the only place to get perfected fangs which are necessary to make the coveted Gorgon, Perfected, armor. This is actually the highest impact armor in the game (with 86 impact)!

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&id=295

After the virgin run, I will be offering spawns of the Gorgon Shade waves routinely. With the changes made in the last VU by the NI Development Team, I will have the ability to spawn the Gorgon Shade wave repeatedly for 20k sweat. There will be a follow-up post, but if you have any questions before then, please feel free to message me.

Be a part of history and spawn the Gorgon Shade wave first!

MastaJ

Congrats on the mission! m8

Wasn't this already possible tough? I thought Lunchbox was finished with the mission as well?

thanks in advance for the clarification and good luck with this nice service!

Edit: I was wrong, just found out after minimum research:
Book of the Gorgon's Shade Legendary MastaJ MastaJ Tue, 16 Jun 2020 00:40:14

Big grats MastaJ on being first and getting the discoveries :D
Lets hope you can recover some of your investment.

Looking forward to some shade encounters.

PS: Since all fangs are rare drops, could think about asking a fee from the lucky looters like its done for Hussk - you would have enough witnesses in the field ;)

Can anyone explain me what is the different between gorgon shade wave and the normal gorgon wave?

Thanks for no answer but i got it now its same wave that are spawned without wasting 80k ped lol

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what if someone comes and shoots when u summon them and doesnt want to pay anything?
What can be done to avoid such thing? At Hussk its pvp but NI isnt.

Just out of curiosity, what if someone comes and shoots when u summon them and doesnt want to pay anything?
What can be done to avoid such thing? At Hussk its pvp but NI isnt.

Nothing, and that was part of the complaint of the original Shade spawn as it was 50K sweat to spawn and you were basically paying that so others could loot gorgon armor parts, etc.

Now its lowered the sweat price this is less of an issue.
I think making it PvP is not a good idea though, there is nothing to stop a group from essentially taking over and excluding people or using extortion.

Nothing, and that was part of the complaint of the original Shade spawn as it was 50K sweat to spawn and you were basically paying that so others could loot gorgon armor parts, etc.

Now its lowered the sweat price this is less of an issue.
I think making it PvP is not a good idea though, there is nothing to stop a group from essentially taking over and excluding people or using extortion.

At Hussk seem to work just fine.

Nothing stopped people not willing to assist with original gorgon wave spawning (50k) sweat and they would just rock up after its started free of charge and loot parts and fangs. I think expecting people to follow a set rule imposed by a avatar on good will alone would be wrong, i would expect you could get some ped or sweat offerings as we used to do before you spawn the (advanced) wave like the original 50k sweat wave. But as people are extemely far off perfected i wouldnt expect much of a market yet. I hope u manage to sort something out to recover some losses tho you fell down a deep rabbit hole to finnish this mission and spent more than you should have as drop rates will get adjusted in the future. Hussk and this is completely different wouldnt expect the same results. Gl on AG.

I'd suggest past the first run where you charge entrance fee, go with a hussk model and ask 20% of any item loots from the wave.

Gz on getting it done! I know lunch is close too.

I don't know the details of this thing, since I haven't been on NI after Gorgon's VU.

Is it something similar to the mission for Zorra's gun on Cyrene, where 1 or 2 people are going to have a monopoly on the summon of a mob, and thus on a particular item forever ?.. (that's what happened after MA decided that the needed crystals wouldn't drop anymore).

I'd suggest past the first run where you charge entrance fee, go with a hussk model and ask 20% of any item loots from the wave.

Gz on getting it done! I know lunch is close too.

If perfected fang also 10p tt, even 100% fee wont be much.

In the other hand, probably many will want to upgrade the gorgon to perfected, so can be a market for it, once there are enough imp - mod - augmented fang dropped for perfected upgrades to be a reality.

Also question if the devs will keep starting the shade waves or they not spawn them anymore, as an avatar have the ability to do it now.

What was originally believed to be a 15-20k investment, soon unraveled into a seemingly bottomless pit. While the hunting and mining missions were only 8 stages, the crafting mission was 12 stages!
MastaJ

Yup, this has been a sore point for years on various planets: what are the requirements for missions that are in stages, and what is the reward actually?! This also applies to things like building on plots, which is also in stages.
I find it extremely poor that the answer from MA appears to be: the lucky one to do it first will find out! This is a place of mystery and discovery, so we're not going to tell you.
And then ofc, as usual, something is bound to be bugged or so, and causes further problems.

Unfortunately, I have to repeat here really that the armour parts do not have the claimed stats, or rather, the in-game stats stated are lower than the advertised stats and the stats transferred to the wiki! I can't seem to get miltiades to tell me the stats of the perfected anymore (or maybe the info was elsewhere), but you can see other upgrades in the chain are lower than stated by NI and the wiki. Sorry! I have mentioned it before, but there was just .... silence.

Anyway, as someone who took part in the dev-spawned runs, the shade is sizeable and can keep pretty good avatars occupied for a while. It should be worth a lot more in donations than the cost to spawn it, but others will be close behind you now in their ability to spawn it too, given the changes made in the vu, and devs really should have introduced a better participation method than just 'goodwill' - something like an event ticket or so ...

Well, gl :)!

edit: can show diff to augmented, for example is:
Gorgon Augmented 390 PED 2800 64 32 32 32 160 actually has 62, 30, 30, 25(acid)

Last edited:
If perfected fang also 10p tt, even 100% fee wont be much.

In the other hand, probably many will want to upgrade the gorgon to perfected, so can be a market for it, once there are enough imp - mod - augmented fang dropped for perfected upgrades to be a reality.

Also question if the devs will keep starting the shade waves or they not spawn them anymore, as an avatar have the ability to do it now.

Well its 20% of the market value, not the tt value. If the fang sells for 1000 PED, thats 200 in pocket for the spawner.

Good job mate.
If I will ever attend to your event I will gladly pay your cost as long as you don't join or associate with the bot soc.
Good luck

Congratz m8, glad you finally made it! Count me in whatever the fee is to join the first attempt and all those possible ones!

Well its 20% of the market value, not the tt value. If the fang sells for 1000 PED, thats 200 in pocket for the spawner.

Ahaaa, dont have the requirement yet so never joined to Hussk before, but makes sense, always wondered how a 20% helps you out of a 100p item drop.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back