First Virtual Comedy Club coming to Entropia?

....oops, my bad.

Link was just posted on www.mindark.com. Late to the party and underdressed again.... ;)

I think a real comedy club would be more funny! :wise:

70% of language is body language, 25% the way you speek, just 5% what you say, so I hope, with CE 2 MA will reveal loads of new emotes / complete renewed avatar control system and also speech system, otherwise it'll rather be a flop.

Live streaming isn't THAT funny either, if it'll work that way.

clipped from the OP's article link:

"even time travel"

huh? Jeez, I have enough of a hard time deciding what and where to hunt, now I'm gonna have to decide when too?

Reactions: Fin
70% of language is body language, 25% the way you speek, just 5% what you say, so I hope, with CE 2 MA will reveal loads of new emotes / complete renewed avatar control system and also speech system, otherwise it'll rather be a flop.

According to this research ... the percentages are different ... and, with regard to the comedy club ... I'm going to reserve my opinions for when I have an opportunity to perhaps experience it, but humor is fun no matter where it is ... it's medicinal. :D

Some EU stand-up classic jokes:

"Take my life...please" - often told in pvp4

"Why did the berycycled young cross the road? To get to the avatar on the other side"

" I went into a bar, and there was a Malcruentor, A Gokibusagi, and a Maffoid arguing over who would pay for the drinks.."

" I was so ugly as a noob, I had to tie a ruga ingot around my neck to aggro an Atrox"

The bartender said "You know, we don't get many merp in this bar" and the merp replied "at these prices I can see why"

How many Umbranoids does it take to drop an enmatter probe? 2001...the first 2000 die to provide the loot for the last one to buy the probe.

HA, I got a million of them. I'll be playing the Boom-Boom Room all week.

Phil's post brings up a dilemma:
What should we use to throw at the comedians, Bombardo or Papplon?

:D

Time to buy another rocket launcher...

Q "What do you call a six foot merp walking down an avenue in Minopolis?"
A "Sir"

"How dare you accuse me of being PEDantic?"

Some EU stand-up classic jokes:

"Take my life...please" - often told in pvp4

"Why did the berycycled young cross the road? To get to the avatar on the other side"

" I went into a bar, and there was a Malcruentor, A Gokibusagi, and a Maffoid arguing over who would pay for the drinks.."

" I was so ugly as a noob, I had to tie a ruga ingot around my neck to aggro an Atrox"

The bartender said "You know, we don't get many merp in this bar" and the merp replied "at these prices I can see why"

How many Umbranoids does it take to drop an enmatter probe? 2001...the first 2000 die to provide the loot for the last one to buy the probe.

HA, I got a million of them. I'll be playing the Boom-Boom Room all week.

Semai says| ...

Brilliant post ;)

You got skills mate :ahh:

According to this research ... the percentages are different ... and, with regard to the comedy club ... I'm going to reserve my opinions for when I have an opportunity to perhaps experience it, but humor is fun no matter where it is ... it's medicinal. :D

The theory is a bit difficult to quantify in the realm of humour.

A great deal depends on the style of the performer. Comedians were originally restricted to visual performance only; making posture, expression and props the only medium available to convey the humour.

With radio comedy, the performer is restricted to voice alone...and with written humour, it is pretty obviously not the way you twist up your face.

All three methods of delivery are valid ways of communicating a joke in isolation; though they tend to favour different styles.

I'd be useless in a visual or vocal situation; I simply do not have the training or innate skills to succeed at present (though I do not say I couldn't learn a few...but I doubt you'd see me on telly even if I did); but in the realm of written feedback humour, I've been known to be vaguely amusing on occasion.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how this comedy concept comes about. At worst I'll have a few laughs testing their heckle-skill ability.

Like most statistics, they are of some interest...but their practical application is only really valid as a frail support to a particular belief; and they fold when presented with a real situation.

Two Umbras sitting in a cinema next to each other
"Sorry, but could it be that you just shit yourself ?"
"Yes, why ?!"

Time to buy another rocket launcher...

"What's a mob's favourite number? 8! cos 8rox!"
*Rocket laucher blows him out the roof*
"Next!" :D

Well in that "next island" video (that there is a link to in several threads) they show a virtual comedy club that uses live streaming...

Next Island is (if the players theories are correct) a new MA partner...

might be it? :D

..which presumably means that radio comedy is always going to be only 30% as funny as any other kind? As Humph would have said: 'Hmmm...'

Knock, knock! "who´s there?"......"go f*ck yourself!"

Instant classic.

big tnx for posting!!!

Im tryin to think about how this could be bad for EU?
:yay:

"how many comedy clubs does it take to kill a game?"

ok ic that wasn't funny at all..

don't cry, shoot the freak, then go play ^^

Will we be risking a ban if we tell unlicensed jokes ingame? ;)

If the comedy club material isn't funny, can we report them for ruining our experience?

Will there be a 1 pec fee for using /em roflmao ?

Interesting times ahead :cool:

Please.....Please.......Please make it PVP :yay:

Well... how would it handle heckling? Would you need to have a mike at every avatar's computer so that you can get the ambiance of a crowd of people all melding in one go.

:( My head hurts >.<

I like the overall idea. But I guess it's all about famous comics being seen and heard in the virtual world. Therefore tickets sold to the club, no drinks, no smoking *cough*, and no passing notes so the comic can't see.

Well... how would it handle heckling? Would you need to have a mike at every avatar's computer so that you can get the ambiance of a crowd of people all melding in one go.

:( My head hurts >.<

I like the overall idea. But I guess it's all about famous comics being seen and heard in the virtual world. Therefore tickets sold to the club, no drinks, no smoking *cough*, and no passing notes so the comic can't see.

Reminds me of the blind comic...he was terrible.

Couldn't see the funny side.

..which presumably means that radio comedy is always going to be only 30% as funny as any other kind? As Humph would have said: 'Hmmm...'
Indeed. A great loss to SIHAC.
I wonder what Samantha will do now?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not the first virtual comedy club.

The first virtual comedy club that *I* know about was created and maintained by an avatar called "Virtual_Vikki" way back in the 1990s. It lasted for several months. It was enormously popular in its early days, and there were avatars lining up for a chance to get in - there was a limit on how many could be inside at once. But, as time passed, it lost its novelty, and people found other things to do.

Of course, Virtual_Vikki did not hire professional comediennes. She used amateurs who wanted a chance at the mike. They ranged from hiliarious enough that they could try for professional careers to utterly unfunny, and everywhere in between.

(Yes, I took several turns at the mike myself. What can I say.)

Virtual_Vikki was not the last until now, either. There have been several comedy clubs in other games since then.

As far as I know, nobody has yet paid professional comediennes to perform in a virtual comedy club. However, I don't know everything. There's a lot of things going on that I don't know about.

Reactions: Ozi
they could always have a live showing in a movie theater type of thing and it would show the act ! idk just a idea that popped into mind :)

I'd be useless in a visual or vocal situation; I simply do not have the training or innate skills to succeed at present (though I do not say I couldn't learn a few...but I doubt you'd see me on telly even if I did); but in the realm of written feedback humour, I've been known to be vaguely amusing on occasion.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how this comedy concept comes about. At worst I'll have a few laughs testing their heckle-skill ability.
I know there's a right said fred video of you somewhere on youtube you liar liar! :D

Jamhot

I know there's a right said fred video of you somewhere on youtube you liar liar! :D

Jamhot

Oh tyvm...trying to let that drift off into obscurity.

FFS don't mention the one I made when I was drunk :rolleyes:

Back