fishy CLD dealings on auction

Status
If you are bothered your deeds won't get sold, why don't you put a 1000 Ped startbid and 2040 PED buyout ?

If not, what do you call normal business ?

If you are bothered your deeds won't get sold, why don't you put a 1000 Ped startbid and 2040 PED buyout ?

If not, what do you call normal business ?

The answer to this question can be found in the posts from the previous 3 pages.

It the perfect example of making it impossible for other to do normal business!
Same as I stand in front of your face when hunting.

Ahhh... so you want to do a buisness here but cant and pissed off now? Welcome to capitalism, where persons who have more money, time and brains - have more profit and rights.

Ahhh... so you want to do a buisness here but cant and pissed off now? Welcome to capitalism, where persons who have more money, time and brains - have more profit and rights.

ahhhh, nice conclusion. You're really smart right?

Just be ignorant then, have it your way.

I'm just stating some simple facts about the dealings of this guy.
I'm just saying he's totally dominating the CLD trades.

If you don't mind, it's totally fine by me.
I'm not stupid, I know how it works, and I also know it's all done by using the ingame mechanics.

But arent I entitled to an opinion that I think it's wrong? Or at least that I find it fishy FISHY as how I call it in my title.

im kinda wondering... he buys at 1991 peds and sells at 2038 or even below... his min bid is his buyout so each auction takes what? 45 peds fee? that sounds like an aweful lot of work for an aweful low amount of profit and when you consider that the total price for clds might go down meaning that some of his underbid sales dont sell at all then he is looking at quite some risk for very low profit. doesnt seem smart to me

im kinda wondering... he buys at 1991 peds and sells at 2038 or even below... his min bid is his buyout so each auction takes what? 45 peds fee? that sounds like an aweful lot of work for an aweful low amount of profit and when you consider that the total price for clds might go down meaning that some of his underbid sales dont sell at all then he is looking at quite some risk for very low profit. doesnt seem smart to me

People will do anything even for the odd pec. Probably doing better than sweating. I can understand why Wizz is pissed, but it how AH work. This type of thing is grey area, that only MA will decide if this right. There has been rumors of bans of late for AH manipulation, so who report if he think his fishy.

well, it's not an awfull lot of work.
It's just a few clicks on auction, and it surely makes a whole lot more than sweating!
And if he does it from his mobile it's just damn easy for him!

If nobody disturbs him he indeed makes around 40 ped per deed.
My estimate he sells at least 5 deeds average per day.
so making 200 ped daily. Thats 6000 ped per month.
Add to that the ped he makes with the same trick on the imp ares rings.
And other items he trades in.

So he's actually dong quite well.

That why he doesnt bother placing order after order, and offer after offer.
He must be making MA a lot of money in auction fees, not only his fees but also the fees from others trying to sell their deeds through offers.

It the perfect example of making it impossible for other to do normal business!
Same as I stand in front of your face when hunting.

Using alternative trade channels is possible the same as I can say to you can hunt somewhere else but not in this spot!
And besides, why should I be FORCED to use other trade channels?

Thats simply against rule 8 in the EULA.

I have nothing against resellers, but this guy just takes in to extreme and totally claims all CLD sales at the auction.

This one guy forces the entire playerbase to work around his way of dealing on auction.
How can that be correct?

So if you undercut him, that's fine. But if he undercuts you, it's market manipulation. Got it.

People will do anything even for the odd pec. Probably doing better than sweating. I can understand why Wizz is pissed, but it how AH work. This type of thing is grey area, that only MA will decide if this right. There has been rumors of bans of late for AH manipulation, so who report if he think his fishy.

hehe, well, I'm not so much pissed, but I just see this guy making it impossible to normally deal CLD's on AH and thought to finally bring it in the open.

Well, I have no hopes for MA addressing this issue as MA happily takes the auction fees. So they have nothing to win.

And for sure it's not the odd pec we're talking about. For some countries it would be more than a monthly wage!

So if you undercut him, that's fine. But if he undercuts you, it's market manipulation. Got it.

huh?
where did I say it's market manipulation?

Maybe take some time to read my posts again.

well, it's not an awfull lot of work.
It's just a few clicks on auction, and it surely makes a whole lot more than sweating!
And if he does it from his mobile it's just damn easy for him!

If nobody disturbs him he indeed makes around 40 ped per deed.
My estimate he sells at least 5 deeds average per day.
so making 200 ped daily. Thats 6000 ped per month.
Add to that the ped he makes with the same trick on the imp ares rings.
And other items he trades in.

So he's actually dong quite well.

That why he doesnt bother placing order after order, and offer after offer.
He must be making MA a lot of money in auction fees, not only his fees but also the fees from others trying to sell their deeds through offers.

actually when he buys em at roughly 1990 peds and sells em for roughly 2040 and the fee is 45 peds then he just makes 5 peds per deed. or how much is the fee for deeds? didnt have one in inventory so i checked with a low tt item and that showed me roughly 45 peds fee

actually when he buys em at roughly 1990 peds and sells em for roughly 2040 and the fee is 45 peds then he just makes 5 peds per deed. or how much is the fee for deeds? didnt have one in inventory so i checked with a low tt item and that showed me roughly 45 peds fee

lo, no CLD auction fees are just around 10 ped.
Estate deeds have a special fee.

This is more than the odd conspiracy theory, auction manipulation is against the rules, and if reported, will be investigated. Its not fair if someone has the time and resources to screw up the auction. This person will get caught out. Anyone rememeber Wirlo?

I do remember an avatar named Wirlo, what do you think happened to him?

Now, am I just being paranoid or is just just fishy?

I don't think your paranoid I've suspected as much and also doubt its just one avatar doing it.

It's illegal under game rules imho not to mention ethically dubious.

off-the-wall bidding is not allowed in entropia, alt accounts are not allowed, bots are also not allowed etc etc so who ever is doing it doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

It's surprising so many players seem to be defending his actions here.

It's surprising so many players seem to be defending his actions here.

That's because there is no actual proof, its all just speculation and conspiracy theories. If there was proof, send it to MA and that will get the avatar(s) banned, etc, which will also solve the problem.
Until that happens, the avatar is innocent.

There is a reason naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forum's.

His avatar seems to be created purely for this task
His name fits the job and he never globalled on anything.

He seems so have made it his job.

If it's an alt account set up to do this, yeah, he's violating TOS, and you should report him. It's possible he's one of those people who had MA shut down an old account to create a new one, but you can't know that for certain. File a support case. There's not much else you can do.

He work like that with AUD too.
You sell AUD in auction, you'll see the same amount of you minus 1ped. You put an order, you'll see another order (quantity 30 for 24h) with some more pec.
As i saw, there is 2 avatar with this trick.

If there was proof, send it to MA and that will get the avatar(s) banned, etc, which will also solve the problem.
Until that happens, the avatar is innocent.

There is a reason naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forum's.
The thing is that proof is impossible to obtain from the outside. Only MA has the ability to substantiate proof from their databases. All you can do is collect suspicious evidence and submit it to them. Sometimes you may feel the need to bounce it off the public to validate it, and this is where the conflict with forum rules arises. That the forum rule exists because some people tend to go off the rails with accusations all too easily and hurt innocent people doesn't make the quagmire go away.

He work like that with AUD too.
You sell AUD in auction, you'll see the same amount of you minus 1ped. You put an order, you'll see another order (quantity 30 for 24h) with some more pec.
As i saw, there is 2 avatar with this trick.

true...but you kinda not see the whole picture...

Those 2 or 3 guys LIVE here in EU....they WORK here like an RL job..always or mostly online with pc or app...and ALWAYS looking if something changed...

if 1 new "competitor" enters the oder/buying things...then he counters...thats his job...sry..but thats it...

i saw bidding of him and wizz...and he won bec of 1 ped....lol
so they are always present in order and bidding in real time...

if you brosw the auction you see the offers from him like +1900 ending in some hours..and new ones with like +1850 ending in some days..

therefore the order on auc from him is like +17xx......theats the "normal" cycle when you have "unlimited"peds...

a normal buyer/seller doesnt have to compete...he sell to the actual price or buys it...

AND if normal buyer REALLY wants to win some he only has to put an order not 10 pec above the next one..why not pay like +10 ped more for 1 if you REALLY want it...

But a "middle" trader has no chance for the professionals...thats also why some are mad about it..as you can see in other threads and here...

but thats a like a professional behaviour like in RL...offer,demand,market,availability..etc

Last edited:
true...but you kinda not see the whole picture...

Those 2 or 3 guys LIVE here in EU....they WORK here like an RL job..always or mostly online with pc or app...and ALWAYS looking if something changed...

if 1 new "competitor" enters the oder/buying things...then he counters...thats his job...sry..but thats it...

i saw bidding of him and wizz...and he won bec of 1 ped....lol
so they are always present in order and bidding in real time...

if you brosw the auction you see the offers from him like +1900 ending in some hours..and new ones with like +1850 ending in some days..

therefore the order on auc from him is like +17xx......theats the "normal" cycle when you have "unlimited"peds...

a normal buyer/seller doesnt have to compete...he sell to the actual price or buys it...

But a "middle" trader has no chance for the professionals...thats also why some are mad about it..as you can see in other threads and here...

but thats a like a professional behaviour like in RL...offer,demand,market,availability..etc

Maybe but i am betting he uses a bot for auction orders

Maybe but i am betting he uses a bot for auction orders

not really...when you live and are here always..you look on it every like 10 min,30 min,1 hour..etc....and change something if new entries are here....to be always under the primarily served ones...

those guys do ONLY auction...they dont hunt,mine,craft..etc...if you see most of them ,they have attributes all of 1....they look at auction the whole online time....

but sure..all things are possible...

It must be a Mindark employee who is not happy with his wages. :wtg::wise::lolup:

I think all big auction traders have alt avatars. You cant do all those trades with only 20 auction spots :laugh:

If alts are still frowned upon, report it.

Status
Back