Fix space logout exploit

The risk of transport is currently user-adjustable and ranges from over 90% to nearly 0% chance of losing all lootables.

Just like so many things in life, the closer you want to get to that 0% the more you have to spend.

But if you left a planet, there's always the chance you get looted.

???

MS can teleport you from planet surface directly to MS.
If MS is in safe zone, there is no risk leaving planet.
Log out!
MS warp to destination, enter safezone
Skype MSG that MS is in safezone now.
Enter spacestation
Use TP down to planet

Risk 0.0000%

There is simply no risk, and cost is fairly low.
10 PED MS ticket, 7 PED TP down

You can transport as many stacks as you want for 17 PED only !

Compare using auction transports:

Asuming 20 stacks:
20 x 0.50 PED auction fee to create auction
Costs to fly to other planet (around 5 PED), eventually repair costs if beeing attacked
Taking own auctions buyout (in case you want to use it for your own crafting)
20 x 3 PED / 7 PED transport fee (comon/instant)

You see the difference in costs.
If someone just wants to sell, it is cheaper to simply sell it at other planet.
Transport fees will be paid by the buyer!
But most people don´t check other planets auctions, simply because everything is available at Caly at no extra transport costs. So its unlikely to sell your goods at other planets, speak other planets economy (market) is simply dead.
You can easy see this if you compare auction pages at the different planets.
There is some auction activity at Ark, but RT/Toulan/Cyrene/NI --- close to dead !

Relative to Caly even Ark is dead!

???

Log out!
Enter spacestation
Use TP down to planet

Risk 0.0000%

Still a risk, you have to 100% complety trust the transport company.
They could easily say it is now safe, you log on, they kick you from mothership and then shoot/loot.
Could happen at anytime. Granted it is there rep on the line, but you never know motives these days.

The other thing that i have noticed happen is the mothership taking you to the edge of the planet so you can fly out in your quad and go straight to planet without having to fly from SS to the planet (or TP down).
If two people time it right (or wrong) and leave similar times through the hangar door, it can cause you both to get stuck at the edge of the planet in lootable space.....you will need to either relog (end back in lootable space for a short time) or get shot and able to technically be looted.

So still not 0% risk, there is always some risk...just very minimal risk

^^

Don't forget about Warp's on demand :computer: just order ship, let it be shot down as many time's as pirate willing to loose. Then when bored and leave, fast summon, jump to not direct SS and fly to planet. That will happen if they fix log out. But they will not make it, as MS is home for crew(guest list) and you can sleep there.

???

Log out!
Enter spacestation
Use TP down to planet

Risk 0.0000%

10 PED MS ticket, 7 PED TP down

You can transport as many stacks as you want for 17 PED only !

This is best case. If a MS is flying a trip when you can be online, you can get on for ~10 ped. Otherwise it's 25 or so for VIP warp. This is your best bet. So now you've scheduled your travel time and determined the cost for a low-risk transfer. Of course there's the 7 ped fee to get down since trying for 0 risk means no atmospheric entry.

So we're going to assume that you get teleported up correctly, into the mothership, and there's no safe zone glitch or BS that happens. If you're not aware, there are things that can go wrong here. It's not as likely as if you fly into space in your own ship.

I have, for instance, materialized in space outside of a safe zone and been immediately looted (literally before my PC finished loading space) so that by the time I could see my avatar it was floating in space waiting to revive.

So, that's just one more reason that you pay for safety. now, you're going to log out right? I usually don't on a big commercial mother ship but meh, whatever. so now you're going to be dependent on something outside the game to tell you when it's safe to log in again. This is a difficult to measure risk of more than zero percent.

So the external comms can fail, be diverted, or otherwise become a problem. Now it's unclear when to safely log in. It's a slim chance in most cases however, this starts a new adventure for you.

You can get called away for a few minutes, and miss the login window for the flight. This could happen due to issues in RL, or any distraction. I mean, you don't want to get dragged into some forum drama while you're waiting and then miss your exit. Maybe there really was a pirate battle and it just took too long for them to get there so you had to go about some other planned business. Whatever, you missed the exit. However this happens, this starts a new adventure for you.

You can arrive at the space station and forgot you didn't have the peds on card, but I guess if you're moving stacks this is just a momentary inconvenience.

So in any case, yeah if you can schedule your travel time around and existing service, budget the cost of the steps into your commerce (or just eat it it's irrelevant here) and all goes well with all RL people involved as well as all MA systems for the required duration, you have an easy and successful trip.

Not 0% risk.

On the other hand you can load up your stacks, hop in your quad, fly up to space and go without even looking around.

Not 100% chance of being looted.

So I have some fun experience of getting stuck in space via various MA glitches and other problems and also due to unexpected things happening with mother ships when I was logged off. Like getting kicked off the guest list after having DC during a paid trip. Or MA materializing me into lootable PVP.

It's sort of aside to the issue of people exploiting the game mechanics but there is no 0% risk situation in space. You do have th opportunity to weigh and manage the various risks in this situation, though.

OK, you convincend me, even with logout at MS there is a risk :)

I curse all pirates!!!!! You are inbred scum!!!! It must be said. Because this game platform promotes and encourages theft, does NOT make it right by any stretch. Thieves and murderers always justify their doings in order to do it and keep doing it.

You are low-life scum who aspire to be that which is of a lesser nature.

I hold it against the game-host even more. Obsessed about log and money transfer security, but for a platform that has very poor security on the inside when it somes to money and stackables.

Crooks driven by evil and greed, make for terrible game hosts. Fresh and old shit attract flies and maggots.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is nothing anyone here can say to me that would justify and condone theft in any form whatsoever. So dont bother. I despise thieves.

I curse all pirates!!!!! You are inbred scum!!!! It must be said. Because this game platform promotes and encourages theft, does NOT make it right by any stretch. Thieves and murderers always justify their doings in order to do it and keep doing it.

You are low-life scum who aspire to be that which is of a lesser nature.

I hold it against the game-host even more. Obsessed about log and money transfer security, but for a platform that has very poor security on the inside when it somes to money and stackables.

Crooks driven by evil and greed, make for terrible game hosts. Fresh and old shit attract flies and maggots.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is nothing anyone here can say to me that would justify and condone theft in any form whatsoever. So dont bother. I despise thieves.

so you just got looted orrrr

If you think fixing this "exploit" would make things better (and not worse), you need a serious reality check.

I wonder if that fact that you're a pirate has anything to do with the fact that you think this ridiculous suggestion is a good idea? :)

All "fixing" this would do is make it easier for douchebags to steal from other players.

bump bump lol.

how hard did you get hit?

I'm guessing you put my record to shame :laugh:

Didn't they already fix this when they implemented the space transport missions?

Still not reading popups the game has in place i see.

Didn't they already fix this when they implemented the space transport missions?

Space transport missions have not been implemented.

"SCHADENFREUDE" ( Taking Pleasure in the Misfortunes of others) . The psychopaths are the ones laughing at the victim/s.

Clepto-psychos in the throws of schadenfreude.

Crime and theft is not a Job at all. The common thief does justify it so to maintain a lifetyle of theft.

Cleptomania is when a person is adicted to the rush given from theft and getting away with it.

These are NON-Virtious and unbecomming a human being. You cause harm, serious harm.

I dont want pirates on my land, events or shops. Your money is no good to me at all. I do not want your ill-gotten gains. You are NOT welcome! Stay away please.

"SCHADENFREUDE" ( Taking Pleasure in the Misfortunes of others) . The psychopaths are the ones laughing at the victim/s.

Clepto-psychos in the throws of schadenfreude.

Crime and theft is not a Job at all. The common thief does justify it so to maintain a lifetyle of theft.

Cleptomania is when a person is adicted to the rush given from theft and getting away with it.

These are NON-Virtious and unbecomming a human being. You cause harm, serious harm.

I dont want pirates on my land, events or shops. Your money is no good to me at all. I do not want your ill-gotten gains. You are NOT welcome! Stay away please.

This is not cry thread about you beign looted in space by pirates. Sell MS if you dont like it and keep your ass in your land only.
Problem solved.

This is not cry thread about you beign looted in space by pirates. Sell MS if you dont like it and keep your ass in your land only.
Problem solved.

Speakin dem hard truths :)

Clepto-psychos in the throws of schadenfreude... blah blah...

Then you are psychopath, because you hunt mobs, trying to get the money that I lost there.

Furthermore, killing animals is bad !.. :wise:

Problem solved.

Firstly, you dont tell me what to do! Do I know you?

Secondly, I dont have to answer to you, no matter how important you are or think you are.

This is NOT a Ranting about getting shot up in space, myself. Its about the leatching parasites overall who live and profit from the misfortunes of others.

Stupidity aint macho, neither is filthyness and uglyness. Whoever taught you otherwise is a bullshitter.

Though it must be said. This phenomenon, also RL, makes the virtual Universe...."Dynamic".

Luckilly for many, this game-platform, isnt entirelly void of morallity. Thats a plus.

Pleases me personally greatlly, when I find such gems ingame.

Last edited:
This is NOT a Ranting about getting shot up in space, myself. Its about the leatching parasites overall who live and profit from the misfortunes of others.

So you just admit that you are shitposting about something that is not original topic of the thread. I do it too now because of you, moderator should remove all the messages above.

Its just your point of view, you receive message saying that you are entering LOOTABLE area, so how it can be profit from the misfortunes of others.

Misfortune should be your middle name but from different reason, based on your auction mistakes. :banghead:

I am random no-namer and I do not drag personality to public forums so I dont care if you care who I am :cool:

I’m starting to think that certain threads should be locked that involve space janitor, sorry man no disrespect but you are not doing yourself any favours every time you make a post on here , you either start shitposting or get involved in things that end up being shit posted, better yet maybe a temp ban on said Ava until you get yourself sorted , better yet don’t go on pcf for a while just keep it cool under the radar , seeing as every OP or post in other thread is ranting or flaming

Would your rage be less if pirates were npcs and not real people? You would still lose your stackables if you decide to take them to space against all warnings and without proper precautions, but there is no schadenfreude, just a cold unemotional in-game mechanics that gives an artificial purpose to space at all. Because you see, without the risks involved we could just keep the teleporters between planets, but now that people invested in spaceships, SI, skills we just can't go back to teleporters. No one likes pirates but at this point they are necessary evil if you don't want to see your starfinder valued at 500 ped.

If your answer is no, you are illogical. If it's yes, just stop to perceive pirates as people. They might gloat somewhere in the real world in front of their screens but what's in that for you? They are just pixels on your screen, they don't even talk to you if you don't talk first. They are just a force of nature, shake it off and move on. When you get soaked in rain you don't scream at the sky that you want to have sexual relations with Zeus' little sister, like you do in space, do you?

I’m starting to think that certain threads should be locked that involve space janitor, sorry man no disrespect but you are not doing yourself any favours every time you make a post on here , you either start shitposting or get involved in things that end up being shit posted, better yet maybe a temp ban on said Ava until you get yourself sorted , better yet don’t go on pcf for a while just keep it cool under the radar , seeing as every OP or post in other thread is ranting or flaming

ROFL i totally agree with you except for one thing.

Please crap up THIS PARTTICULAR THREAD with so much stupidity and off-topic clownery that kind darkaruki feels the need to put it out of it's misery.

Other than that exception though totally on target. :ahh:

Edit: oh wait I guess we agree on that too, probably.

Last edited:
eh somehow i partially double posted or something, sorry i split it up/

Would your rage be less if pirates were npcs and not real people? You would still lose your stackables if you decide to take them to space against all warnings and without proper precautions, but there is no schadenfreude, just a cold unemotional in-game mechanics that gives an artificial purpose to space at all. Because you see, without the risks involved we could just keep the teleporters between planets, but now that people invested in spaceships, SI, skills we just can't go back to teleporters. No one likes pirates but at this point they are necessary evil if you don't want to see your starfinder valued at 500 ped.

If your answer is no, you are illogical. If it's yes, just stop to perceive pirates as people. They might gloat somewhere in the real world in front of their screens but what's in that for you? They are just pixels on your screen, they don't even talk to you if you don't talk first. They are just a force of nature, shake it off and move on. When you get soaked in rain you don't scream at the sky that you want to have sexual relations with Zeus' little sister, like you do in space, do you?

Can you imagine the rage if mindark announce no more PVP just 33% chance to lose all stackables each time you enter space? This new source of revenue will allow upgrades and expansions to take place at least 3 to 5 percent faster than they have in the past. And as a bonus you won't have to deal with those pesky pirates any more, saving you the trouble of repairing your ship. Hey that's PEDs in your pocket!

When people screamed theft they could just say you can buy a VIP Transport Token that reduces it to 28% chance of losing all stackables. It's totally fair, look anyone can buy it in the webshop it doesn't even take PED. Consider it a bonus gift we put together for you.

Also you can upgrade your VIP Transport Token. Each 5 ped TT of gold ingot you add to it decreases your chance of being looted another 0.00033% to 0.00024% based on your professional level in Transport Token Technology. TT value of the token is not affected, it will remain just the same so you don't need to worry about that.

I mean they're really offering you the opportunity to guarantee you'll never be looted again with this!

Ehhhh there's a two percent chance that you will lose .01% of your VIP Transport Token Integrity if a looting event occurs this is a brand new feature never before seen or mentioned yet No other system in game has worked this way it's original. We've created this new system to enhance the authenticity of your simulated pirate experience. It's only two percent so most of the time the dopamine rush you get from it not happening will make this one SUPER exciting.

This would add so much entertaining complexity and enriching gameplay experience it's surely just what we need to revitalize this neglected sector of the game.

Surely then no one would complain about losing their stuff and if they did, well, there would be something for them to do about it!

Last edited:
eh somehow i partially double posted or something, sorry i split it up/

Can you imagine the rage if mindark announce no more PVP just 33% chance to lose all stackables each time you enter space? This new source of revenue will allow upgrades and expansions to take place at least 3 to 5 percent faster than they have in the past. And as a bonus you won't have to deal with those pesky pirates any more, saving you the trouble of repairing your ship. Hey that's PEDs in your pocket!

When people screamed theft they could just say you can buy a VIP Transport Token that reduces it to 28% chance of losing all stackables. It's totally fair, look anyone can buy it in the webshop it doesn't even take PED. Consider it a bonus gift we put together for you.

Also you can upgrade your VIP Transport Token. Each 5 ped TT of gold ingot you add to it decreases your chance of being looted another 0.00033% to 0.00024% based on your professional level in Transport Token Technology. TT value of the token is not affected, it will remain just the same so you don't need to worry about that.

I mean they're really offering you the opportunity to guarantee you'll never be looted again with this!

Ehhhh there's a two percent chance that you will lose .01% of your VIP Transport Token Integrity if a looting event occurs this is a brand new feature never before seen or mentioned yet No other system in game has worked this way it's original. We've created this new system to enhance the authenticity of your simulated pirate experience. It's only two percent so most of the time the dopamine rush you get from it not happening will make this one SUPER exciting.

This would add so much entertaining complexity and enriching gameplay experience it's surely just what we need to revitalize this neglected sector of the game.

Surely then no one would complain about losing their stuff and if they did, well, there would be something for them to do about it!

Now now dont throw logic in this.

+rep though

current status described very wise
+rep

also hope above Atrax post is just sarcastic and not serious because I will question he's logic mentally otherwise

current status described very wise
+rep

also hope above Atrax post is just sarcastic and not serious because I will question he's logic mentally otherwise

SUPER serious :handjob:

They can put them in the web shop the same time they add The Finisher Pack :lam:

Also, I make no claim to logic mentally at any time.

programmer and psycholgists are currently working on a programm.it detects depressions and stuff by analyzing there text and way to type ...

cant wait till its common and we build it in here :D

it could warn the mental and sort out there post ... or put em into "" :tongue2:

Mmmm Let me put it this way:

Have you ever been robbed, or had something stolen from you? Do you remember how you felt? Made you very angry and very sad and you lost a piece of trust in humanity right?

So, who do you think you are, to demand that a victim of crime and a injustice, not be angry and accept it?????:confused:

To steal and rob from somebody and take what is not yours by force, is a CRIME and to do so is WRONG.

I may have said some things in space to pirates, out of extreme anger ofc, but in no way does that reflect my true self, or lifetyle. But I sure meant it.:mad:

There is a certain breed of human that exists outside of the acceptable moral function of their individual society.

They could exhibit many sub-values: robber, thief, rapist, bully, pedophile, murderer, psychopathic liar, politician, sadist, etc.

In this game, they take the form of a scammer or a pirate.

They are to human-kind as a bacteria is to a healthy cell. They will infect and corrupt that which is good with their poison.

IRL, a pirate is NOT "an acceptable interference", but a criminal in need of 200 grains of lead between their eyes.

Knowing full well that these lower forms of life lurk in space, specifically to "infect" us, one would wonder just why anyone would ever take anything of value into space?

So the solution is, at least as long as we can't actually lay hands on these creatures, to NEVER go into space except on vacation or a sight seeing trip.

And if that would become a widespread concept, space might be either A) removed from PVP, or B) discontinued.

Either way: if you don't want your head bit off, don't put it in the lion's mouth.

Back