Fixing the refiners look

Do you like the suggestion to fix the refiners?

• Yes I do like the proposed fix

Votes: 103 56.6%
  • No I disagree (explain in thread)

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 71 39.0%

• Total voters

Pirx Danford

Elite
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Pirx Danford
Its a really small issue and easy to fix.
I already made a support case about it with my suggestion and support told me they liked the idea.

But to check if you folks here at EF disagree or have other maybe better ideas I set up this poll.

My two suggestions were:
- put the color of the stripe over the complete side, to easier see it
- fix the wrongly set colours, claims already define the correct colour: ore must be green and not blue, enmatter blue and not red, animal refiner may be red instead of green

Its easy to do and much more logical IMHO.

Pirx out

I want just 1 refiner that refines all.
much simpler, only one tool.
that would be a good solution, like they did with the crafting machines for example. You could refine everything with all refiners.
:twocents:

I'm kind of indifferent here.. I don't pay that close attention to what color these things are. I just know where I stick them in storage when I don't need them.

So if they changed the color or not I'd probably not notice.
Function before Fashion.

~I

that would be a good solution, like they did with the crafting machines for example. You could refine everything with all refiners.

That would be a interesting option.

To be honest to the person that made this thread I would like the refiners to go back to the old look. It is hard for me to even see a difference now without straining my eyes.

I hadn't really paid that much attention to it, but yeah, your proposal makes sense.

Since all of the refiners basically look the same now, it's really easy to equip the wrong one. I guess I hadn't really paid much attention to it because it's just as easy to uneqip the wrong one & grab the right one...but changing the look of the refiners to match what each is designed to refine would save some wasted time I guess :silly2:

Honestly I wish MA would stop Screwing with things that are working fine and start fixing Crap that does not work. What reason did they have for Wasting time changing the look of the refiners in the first place? :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Honestly I wish MA would stop Screwing with things that are working fine and start fixing Crap that does not work. What reason did they have for Wasting time changing the look of the refiners in the first place? :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

kinda what he says,

but not a bad idea after all and easy enough to implant i guess.
I just know what hot key they'r on and really couldnt care less what they look like.

Yeah I agree its bad. However to me its just number on my keypad I know where the refiners are by that. I don't access them via the inventory. But when I want to selectively repair its annoying.
I didn't see the necessity for the change, should have kept them as they were.
Its a really small issue and easy to fix.
I already made a support case about it with my suggestion and support told me they liked the idea.

But to check if you folks here at EF disagree or have other maybe better ideas I set up this poll.

My two suggestions were:
- put the color of the stripe over the complete side, to easier see it
- fix the wrongly set colours, claims already define the correct colour: ore must be green and not blue, enmatter blue and not red, animal refiner may be red instead of green

Its easy to do and much more logical IMHO.

Pirx out

As far as I am concerned, I'd like the old refiners back.
They were looking great

Yes, this approach would be the easiest one for MA to implement. And MA to overlook this, ... :eek: ...well the design team must have had a hangover day.

Im just also for old look. I dont know what lead them to make it look like this :XXX.

Bring back the old ones !!!!!11!11one!1eleven

>)

hmmm

what you suggested is decent. colour-coding them the same as they were before.
I think it would be more logical, and even faster to recognize, if u colour-code them related to what they are for:
red: ores (ore bombs)
blue: matters (matter probes)
brown: tailoring stuff (leather)

give me your thoughts :)

Voted yes, it would be usefull and practical modification. Not that I care much about how they look. But definetely I like new model better. At least they are not double of size of my ava... And look less primitive. I like the idea of one refiner for all stuff though. Hell, even one seeker for all could be good... Not that it's going to happen probably...

what you suggested is decent. colour-coding them the same as they were before.
I think it would be more logical, and even faster to recognize, if u colour-code them related to what they are for:
red: ores (ore bombs)
blue: matters (matter probes)
brown: tailoring stuff (leather)

give me your thoughts :)

I pretty dont carre how the color code stuff ... i just whant them follow same rulle evrywhere...

Bomb , claim , refiner , extrator and even auction menu , inventaire and storage button should have same color.

Same go for probe and enmater claim

same for leather extrator and material refiner..

If they whant ore green , yellow red or blue ....no my problem fine for me...
But holly , is that so hard to make evrything go together ?

yeah that would be good thing.. coz those refiners weight that 5kg or something.. and if ur a miner u want less weight...

if they dont wanna make 1 refiner atleast decrease the weight.. i do runs big enuf to make me go to yellow at weight..

yeah some nicer colors would be great :)

They dont did it on purpose...
Its just one of the oldest bug in EU ...
Its so old that MA dont even make new machine for new profetion ....

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to go back to the colours we had prior to that VU.

I voted yes, but It does not realy mather for me, I got used to the new colors quite fast and know where to find them (I equip through the inventory).

Your sugestion makes sence in the way that everything folows the same color theme, even the brown color sugested is not bad, isnt the name of the refiner " natural material refiner" in that case both green and brown would make sence.

It will just take a couple of weeks to adjust again and after that it would be all natural to everyone again. Larger patches of colors would be nice though since we have so many older players that cant see that well ;):silly2:

I voted yes to make it easier for those who don't use them very often, but like some others I've got mine mapped to hotkeys so I don't really care what they look like.

Just put the refiners back the way they were, then the color would be irrelevant.

A YES from me but i'd really like them back as they were or one does all as someone already said
Make the colours real bold so you can tell what they are at a glance

I prefer the look of the new refiners, i agree that perhaps the colour stripe should be more obvious but tbh like many that have said before I have them hot keyed so really it makes no big difference. I disagree with those who say go back to the old models for them as tbh they are very childlike I have always looked at the natural material refiner with scorn :mad::mad::mad: i mean jeeze did they have to look like scissors? Obvious is not always good. Now yes they all look the same and yes none of them look like they should be able to refine anything (where would it all go?) but I still prefer them :yay:

they where colored the right way ...

the New refiners look exactly the same, as we all know. a slight color difference does me very little good as most colors especially one close together on the color spectrum are almost impossible for me to distinguish as I am color blind. Different shapes, like the old refiners takes the guess work out of it for me ;p

dont get me started on guns lol could be why i only have 2 carbines, one is black the other gray easy to see which is which :D

Not to worried about it, I have them hot-keyed along with just about everything else anyway.

the New refiners look exactly the same, as we all know. a slight color difference does me very little good as most colors especially one close together on the color spectrum are almost impossible for me to distinguish as I am color blind. Different shapes, like the old refiners takes the guess work out of it for me ;p

dont get me started on guns lol could be why i only have 2 carbines, one is black the other gray easy to see which is which :D

I understand you and agrea...
But still ...
They use a system based only on color... and the color are all mixed ...
Its total fuked for evryone...

Goot refiner is now red (like suggested in OP). Haven't seen the others as I'm in the field, but would not be surprised if they are also corrected as suggested.

But it's still just a thin stripe of the color around the edges and still hard to tell which is which on the quickbar icons.

Goot refiner is now red (like suggested in OP). Haven't seen the others as I'm in the field, but would not be surprised if they are also corrected as suggested.

They are colored as they was in old time
Ore green , enmatter Blue , material red..
Only things that should change color now is the sysmic bomb since they light red , and should light green (like claim and refiner)

But it's still just a thin stripe of the color around the edges and still hard to tell which is which on the quickbar icons.
They still all have exactly same shape and only line on side for color...

I would be happy if we had a item cleaning when MA make crye engine...
Like remouve half of the item that we never use like many weapon and tool ..
And then , create shape for all item we keep in game , so evrything is diferent...

Back