Flying vehicles can be attacked by mobs now?

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
I thought aircraft were excluded from being able to be attacked by mobs. I was flying a group to Athena Spaceport when suddenly my gungnir was attacked and destroyed on the spot by mobs which took me by susprise considering it's normally an empty and quiet spot.

Did I miss an announcement about the rules regarding this being changed?

They learn ;O

What mobs was it? I've seen countless vehicles being destroyed by the Vanguards at Corinth (using area effect damage attacks)... One of them a VTOL that exploded, flew spinning over the Vanguard and smashed into the ground just meters from me, before coming to a halt slightly behind me... Quite cinematic moment, wish I had FRAPs on then :laugh:

just tested with vtol on the wolf I was playing with

no nothing has changed you must have had a bug or hit a tree or something. (I am on RT, so maybe calypso event thing?)

no nothing has changed you must have had a bug or hit a tree or something. (I am on RT, so maybe calypso event thing?)

True with calypso event aoe bots as nighthawk's said in earlier post:)

Environmental damage isn't the same, it doesn't affect the TT value, whereas damage from attack does.

Vanguards deal damage to flying vehicles with the purple ball aoe attack, the area of damage is rather big so you might've been hit by one of those.

True with calypso event aoe bots as nighthawk's said in earlier post:)

Vanguards deal damage to flying vehicles with the purple ball aoe attack, the area of damage is rather big so you might've been hit by one of those.

According to what I have heard, this also holds true for other AoE mobs like the Traeskeron Matriarch (wave boss) and the Scoria at Arkadia.

I think it's just the bots. Seems that way, kinda makes sense too really.

They shoot at you too, not just the plasma bombs.

I found that when at the same height as the mob, it shoots/attacks you.
Fly up, they stop shooting. Fly down, pow there they go again.
This is in addition to the AoE damage on the vanguards.

AOE, you weren't target :)

...all is as it was with vehicles (means ok )

According to what I have heard, this also holds true for other AoE mobs like the Traeskeron Matriarch (wave boss) and the Scoria at Arkadia.
Yep, all AoE dmg on every mob hits your vehicle too.

I think it's just the bots. Seems that way, kinda makes sense too really.
Nope, it's ALL AoE mobs, with... AoE.

AOE, you weren't target :)

...all is as it was with vehicles (means ok )
Indeed, it has been like this for ... well, how long has vehicles been here? (and mobs with AoE)

For a long time I've noticed getting attacked by flying creatures while flying, but it seems you need to get very close to them for them to agro.

Back