FOMA vs. Calypso Mining

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

since FOMA was the place where you had a low hitrate but a high claimsize it had a certain attraction to those who wanted to up the stakes.

After this VU, this seems to be gone. Now we have (from what I have read) the same mining system up there as we have down here - Which in my opinion is the only correct thing to do (why does other areas get different parameters in the first place?).

You might argue that MA is taking away profit now as FOMA miners might not mine anymore, but now everyone has the chance to double their stake (click both enmatter and ore) if they want and I have a sneeky feeling that amp prices will come down a little with more ores and enamtters in the market too.

Now, being totally biased here owning 2x LA's on Amethera I like to point out that

- FOMA still has a travel fee
- FOMA still has no real auction
- FOMA still has way overtaxed domes
- FOMA still has many domes with absolutley crap resources

Thinking about it, I can't really come up with any good reasons anymore for miners to go up there (as I said, totally biased point of view here, but I think I've got some valid arguments too).

Opinions welcome

Angel

I sure hope your kidding...:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Are you talking only about claim sizes? Or the search range increased to calypso levels as well?

I sure hope your kidding...:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Agreed. Also claims are smaller on FOMA now, but frequency of claims is still the same; so it's still like the old FOMA, just smaller claims like planet is experiencing as well. I'm REALLY hoping this is a bug.

Agreed. Also claims are smaller on FOMA now, but frequency of claims is still the same; so it's still like the old FOMA, just smaller claims like planet is experiencing as well. I'm REALLY hoping this is a bug.

awww crap I hope they fix that.....:(:(:(:(

awww crap I hope they fix that.....:(:(:(:(

mining is with out a doubt bugged... and will be fixed... MA opens in about 3-4 hours... i am certain with the amount of support tickets filed it will be fixed real quickly...

After this VU, this seems to be gone. Now we have (from what I have read) the same mining system up there as we have down here - Which in my opinion is the only correct thing to do (why does other areas get different parameters in the first place.)

What is ur problem?
FOMA is/was a unique (since HELL implemented, god dammit) place in EU, where as u well mentioned, miners could raise their stakes and experience some "high adrenaline" mining. Why is that incorrect??? :loco: :bs:
I'm sure that we're experiencing a bug, and it still hasn't lost its charm regarding lower hitrate and bigger claimsizes.
WE NEED FOMA AS IT IS/WAS!!! :wise:

What is ur problem?
FOMA is/was a unique (since HELL implemented, god dammit) place in EU, where as u well mentioned, miners could raise their stakes and experience some "high adrenaline" mining. Why is that incorrect??? :loco: :bs:
I'm sure that we're experiencing a bug, and it still hasn't lost its charm regarding lower hitrate and bigger claimsizes.
WE NEED FOMA AS IT IS/WAS!!! :wise:

no problem ... As I said, my view is for 2x obvious reasons biased.

But regarding the 'high adrenaline' mining, slap a level 13 amp on your trusted finder, click ore and enmatter and you'll have 41.5 ped per drop decay !!

Surely that is some adrenaline, no?

Angel

no problem ... As I said, my view is for 2x obvious reasons biased.

But regarding the 'high adrenaline' mining, slap a level 13 amp on your trusted finder, click ore and enmatter and you'll have 41.5 ped per drop decay !!

Surely that is some adrenaline, no?

Angel

Can't say it isnt. It was also "adrenaline" if u took both 109 amps in previous setting on Calypso and take a run.
But we're talking about Foma, CND if u want here. Unique place. Low hitrate, few amps without hit, sweating, pale face.... and than...BANG!(if it was lol).
Unique experience which cannot be lost.

Last edited:
Dropping both at the same time makes no sense when standard mining , unless you are a gambler

Foma and Hell is and should be as they were , A Gamblers Heaven ,

( btw Hell is as it used to be according to friends, still a good place and nothing has changed there what i can tell )

This is like saying it's unfair that Buzz can have Aurli and Kreltin, and you can't :laugh:

well ... Aurli and Kreltin in terms of mining are like gazz and iron (as an example). And Buzz has just two unique resources in that respect (from my point of view). What he hasn't is a differnt loot system

Angel

Hello all,

since FOMA was the place where you had a low hitrate but a high claimsize it had a certain attraction to those who wanted to up the stakes.

After this VU, this seems to be gone. Now we have (from what I have read) the same mining system up there as we have down here -

One flaw... FOMA= high claim size and low hitrate... after this EU calypso= lower claim size, same hit rate, and no change in globals/hofs... two different subjects.

well ... Aurli and Kreltin in terms of mining are like gazz and iron (as an example). And Buzz has just two unique resources in that respect (from my point of view). What he hasn't is a differnt loot system

Angel

Wouldn't say that much; Aurli and Kreltin are a unique part of the game, can't be found in any other spot other than Crystal Palace. The frequency and size of claims are unique to FOMA in the same way. If we're saying this much; Kreltin and Aurli should be on the planet. This is a goofy topic.

Just some speculations...
I havent mined more than 1 stone of azz during the last 10 days.

I am just thinking that the ground is being filled with treasure for the upcoming treauser loot frenzy to start in a week (hopefully).
The peds for these treausures have to come from somewhere, hence the crappy lootsizes in mining at the moment??

This is of course only speculations on my part...

When implementing new mining systems loots can be odd at times from previous VUs. If you dont like it, take a week off, or if you have no IRL-life, hunt some mobs and come back when mining is more normal again.

As I said, just my own speculations, I have no evidence whatsoever to back up this theory...

Just some speculations...
I havent mined more than 1 stone of azz during the last 10 days.

I am just thinking that the ground is being filled with treasure for the upcoming treauser loot frenzy to start in a week (hopefully).
The peds for these treausures have to come from somewhere, hence the crappy lootsizes in mining at the moment??

This is of course only speculations on my part...

When implementing new mining systems loots can be odd at times from previous VUs. If you dont like it, take a week off, or if you have no IRL-life, hunt some mobs and come back when mining is more normal again.

As I said, just my own speculations, I have no evidence whatsoever to back up this theory...

omg, please people ready my theory, well it is not a theory i actually think now MINING IS BUGGED ON FOMA

The reason being this, claim sizes are 2 times smaller, we get a IV poor now unamped on foma before it was a modest VI was smallest in ore on foma, i also had a XII before too and that should have been an XIV unamped and an XI unamped, which should have been an XIII, so you see, claim sizes is 2 times smaller, i dont find any X or IX now at all

I have submitted a support case, and i presume a lot of others have too, PLEASE EVERYONE DON'T MINE ANYMORE UNTIL IT IS FIXED,

look in MAIN CHAT there is hardly any globals what so ever, IT HAS TO BE A BUG

RJ Rob

Nice try dude, but your mining areas still suck.... :laugh:

The reason for this is only temporary in my opinion.

The new description on the finders reads now something like "smaller range have higher claim sizes" (not able to log on the game right now, maybe someone else can post the full text"

As I understood the text in the context with the mining change it means that not FOMA exclusive or other areas have higher claim sizes. The attributes changed. Foma and/or other areas make finders close in the finder's range and thus have higher claim sizes.

It looks the same from the outcome maybe (or it should), but beneath it looks there is a totally different mechanic applied to. And thats probably not bugfree of course since its a new code or whatever.

Nice try dude, but your mining areas still suck.... :laugh:

Suck? No. There must be other word.

I had better results even on FOMA, with that travel fees and those "overtaxes". Actually, I don't care about taxes at all, especially if area is good. Sometimes I fly over that "ruga land" and do 10 or more amped (OA-105, MA-105) drops. Well, I will try anyway more.

I just feel like all crap from that land slowly crawling under ground, accumulating in one place, and will become of something epic like "XIII". I must hit it.

Hello all,

After this VU, this seems to be gone. Now we have (from what I have read) the same mining system up there as we have down here - Which in my opinion is the only correct thing to do (why does other areas get different parameters in the first place?).

You might argue that MA is taking away profit now as FOMA miners might not mine anymore, but now everyone has the chance to double their stake (click both enmatter and ore) if they want and I have a sneeky feeling that amp prices will come down a little with more ores and enamtters in the market too.

Now, being totally biased here owning 2x LA's on Amethera I like to point out that

- FOMA still has a travel fee
- FOMA still has no real auction
- FOMA still has way overtaxed domes
- FOMA still has many domes with absolutley crap resources

Thinking about it, I can't really come up with any good reasons anymore for miners to go up there (as I said, totally biased point of view here, but I think I've got some valid arguments too).

Opinions welcome

Angel
Wait, wait, wait. Are you using something which is possibly a bug to advertise your LAs?

Last edited:
The reason for this is only temporary in my opinion.

The new description on the finders reads now something like "smaller range have higher claim sizes" (not able to log on the game right now, maybe someone else can post the full text"

As I understood the text in the context with the mining change it means that not FOMA exclusive or other areas have higher claim sizes. The attributes changed. Foma and/or other areas make finders close in the finder's range and thus have higher claim sizes.

It looks the same from the outcome maybe (or it should), but beneath it looks there is a totally different mechanic applied to. And thats probably not bugfree of course since its a new code or whatever.

I just take it as since smaller ranges yeild the biggest finds, we should all just be using rookie gear if we ever hope to get any ubers or HOFs.....

Okay....(Goes to buy all the rookies in the world) :p

:)

Maybe in the near future we can fly to Foma, this might be cheaper then using the tp system?

mining is with out a doubt bugged... and will be fixed... MA opens in about 3-4 hours... i am certain with the amount of support tickets filed it will be fixed real quickly...

yet it hasn't been fixed from what I heard? Would be cool if someone could make a post once the claim sizes have returned to normal.

Back