For really old players

Would they not be able to still buy the tracks? Is there any particular reason why they didn't? Maybe the guy was too expensive.

wait... stuff Lars Falk created for MA didn't belong to MA? What were they paying him for then? Renting his work is it?

I've been thinking for a long time, why those tracks suddenly had to disappear from the song list.

A long time ago (let it be 10-15 years now!) someone mentioned something about copyrights.
Depending on the fine print of MA's employment treaties it may have been cheaper for MA to just hire for the working hours for creating songs.
Without copyrights, which remained with the composer, till he sells them to MA. This was cheaper for MA and okay, as long as the composer was hired by MA and MA could play the songs so long.

When MA ran into their first bankruptcy they had to fire most of their team in a hurry and it was reported this did not always go peacefully and in happiness.
So if MA had to fire a composer, but the composer still held the copyrights, since initially this was the cheaper employment treaty for MA, MA now had a problem.
Probably MA now got offered "keep me hired" or "buy my copyrights for a price high enough to get rid of me".
And MA decided to buy none of those two options and instead gave up those very nice and characteristic, but not vital PE songs.

I have to admit this is my personal speculation, but from my observation of the context of that time it is the speculation that made most sense to me.

Last edited:
I've listened to NoBion's sound cloud recordings and a host of other kind collectors who saved some of the old Project Entropia soundtrack, but have been totally unable to find and download my very favorite song from playing in those days; the one with the Lyrics that Audrey Cheerful mentioned above:
"I've never seen a sky look so alien. A million strange stars and only one wish. I wish we were home..."

I listened to the whole thing (had to deep clean the house :)) and there is still one song missing....I don't think NoBion has it in his collection either. It's a girl talking about the sky looks so strange, there's so many stars or something similar. Maybe @Wistrel can help me out here...

I believe the one you're talking about is the one that was removed because of copyright infringement since the quote used in the song "I've never seen a sky look so alien, a million strange stars and only one wish, I wish we were home" was a quote from the movie Lost In Space.

and after listening to this track posted, as evey said below, it is like the 3rd song on the track. maybe you were too busy scrubbing the baseboards to hear it when you played the 6 hr track :laugh:

Last edited:
I listened to the whole thing (had to deep clean the house :)) and there is still one song missing....I don't think NoBion has it in his collection either. It's a girl talking about the sky looks so strange, there's so many stars or something similar. Maybe @Wistrel can help me out here...

I've listened to NoBion's sound cloud recordings and a host of other kind collectors who saved some of the old Project Entropia soundtrack, but have been totally unable to find and download my very favorite song from playing in those days; the one with the Lyrics that Audrey Cheerful mentioned above:
"I've never seen a sky look so alien. A million strange stars and only one wish. I wish we were home..."
It's in the beginning of this one at 6:30. Good memories!

It is called "171379.waw" for me in one of the collections available here on the forum. ...
Oh, that one! Found it in my collection, too, but it had escaped me for a while due to the random order playlist. Yes, also like it very much :)

Hi

Great compilation

Most of the songs i ended up uploading many years ago was extracted from an old Harddisk with a old installation of Project Entropia, i did a few more tracks with time that was discovered with McComicks help.

We can't really have enough compilations with this music lol!

I hope my links are properly sorted, some of them was getting old and some kind of approval when someone wanna download was sent to my Email everytime. Otherwise i'll find a new way to upload them :)

At 50min, really bring me back into old times xD
Thanks for that !

Ofc, "joined date" isn't revelant hehe - just had a break from 2008 to 2012.

What was that Michael Jackson song that was turned into a GIF ?

Imagine having this interactive music in the game... wow what an experience... but today we have not so good music and sci fi scary music..... this is just awsome... whoever does entropia music should take note and add new music.
You can always go to DSEC-9 and listen to my soundtrack, it's closer to sci fi.

I am currently working on a overhaul with more atmospheric tracks between songs, keep an eye out i will post on forums once the overhaul is being rolled out :)

Hi

Great compilation

Most of the songs i ended up uploading many years ago was extracted from an old Harddisk with a old installation of Project Entropia, i did a few more tracks with time that was discovered with McComicks help.

We can't really have enough compilations with this music lol!

I hope my links are properly sorted, some of them was getting old and some kind of approval when someone wanna download was sent to my Email everytime. Otherwise i'll find a new way to upload them :)

If there would be any issues at some point, there are also archived versions of internet. There, you can find old installation files of Entropia Universe with the soundtrack.

Reactions: Mac
Its 171379.wav (soft minds_100bpm) :D
Was also my favoured....
Would not even know how the music is right now, soon after the new sounds came I switched the music off .... old onees were way better and way more...newer ones are repeating way to often over and over.

I've been thinking for a long time, why those tracks suddenly had to disappear from the song list.

A long time ago (let it be 10-15 years now!) someone mentioned something about copyrights.
Depending on the fine print of MA's employment treaties it may have been cheaper for MA to just hire for the working hours for creating songs.
Without copyrights, which remained with the composer, till he sells them to MA. This was cheaper for MA and okay, as long as the composer was hired by MA and MA could play the songs so long.

When MA ran into their first bankruptcy they had to fire most of their team in a hurry and it was reported this did not always go peacefully and in happiness.
So if MA had to fire a composer, but the composer still held the copyrights, since initially this was the cheaper employment treaty for MA, MA now had a problem.
Probably MA now got offered "keep me hired" or "buy my copyrights for a price high enough to get rid of me".
And MA decided to buy none of those two options and instead gave up those very nice and characteristic, but not vital PE songs.

I have to admit this is my personal speculation, but from my observation of the context of that time it is the speculation that made most sense to me.

Fairly certain though that Lars Falk was still about when I joined though and this was after they reformed as MA PE AB

IIRC the sample was from Lost in Space at least

Hey my fellow entropians :)

I just wanted to share something that I've uploaded on youtube. It's basically COMPLETE old entropia soundtrack, since the very beginning. It might mean something to people who were here long enough so here it is :)
It ain't never coming back.

Running to rig and listening to those songs was my childhood lol

Last edited:
Running to rig and listening to those songs was my childhood lol

LOL...in over 15 years I have never been to the rig because I do not like PvP :D

LOL...in over 15 years I have never been to the rig because I do not like PvP :D

You really missed some magic moments and feelings, which so much were part of our early experiences in PE.

It was great to find this here, I love how music sticks in our heads and brings memories flooding back when we hear it!
Thank you very much for sharing this, I hope to play it in its entirety.

OH. MY. GOSH!

1:38:45 on for like 2 hrs is EU to me

everyone remember the first hit - then you live with the addiction lol

MA should def get some better soundtracks again and ditch the stupid pet noises - is there music now - i dont know i been muted since the pet noise got to stupid

It's funny how many old schoolers still play this. And all loved the original tracks.

MA should really bring back the SOUL of Project Entropia. Not everyone is here to just grind away, some people just want to come and relax in a virtual world.

Hey guys (and fellow eu chicks) :D I have an idea... :)

I don't know how succesfull am I going to be with it but I'll give it a try.

Let's try all of us from this thread to find some day & time and meet in game, talk about things from before have fun etc, whatever :D
if you want we can make mob trains lol its just lets try to make it look like before, its about people, music we already have :))

What do you say? :unsure::love:

It's funny how many old schoolers still play this. And all loved the original tracks.

MA should really bring back the SOUL of Project Entropia. Not everyone is here to just grind away, some people just want to come and relax in a virtual world.
let's try this, let's not blame MA this time and lets see if it's about them or its about us :)
(check my previous post btw lol )

The story of entropia needs to change, say a robot invasion occured and took over entire calypso. Areas reshaped, creatures having difffrently and mutations starts to evolve the planet into something new.
Now when ue5 arrives, and chat gpt becomming stronger. Devs can push more content faster and make the game feel more alive than a static jar of ants running in a circle.

When playing entropia all day, TP running and shooting pre-vechicles was the norm. Fun times.

Smiles... thank you.

Back