Suggestion: Forced 6-Hour Game-Break a Day

Again I am the opposite. I say give everyone guns. The problems will solve themselves.
Tell me you've never been to America without telling me you've never been to America.

The idea was something that transpired from a few other threads (cheaters, Messi story among them). So instead of side-tracking or de-railing those I put that suggestion here.

Although I am certainly sympathetic to the subject what you′re basically doing here is shooting the messenger.

:handgun:

Thank you for that. :tiphat:

I thought the idea maybe warranted some discussion. Not so much, as it turned out.

:dunno:

And as a main argument is put forward, 18 hours a day be not enough to play the game afk.

Seriously. :duh:

I thought it's an adult game. One of adult's privileges is the right to ruin oneself.

I take this with a grain of salt. Yea... I can relate to that notion. :)

Um, wrong.

This quote was the main character moaning about the ridiculous law making that occurred after the moon residences fought so hard to be free and their own country.

I objected that you took a fictional quote, attributed it instead to the author of the novel and put it in an RL context––whereas it is stated as the opinion of a not very trustworthy character about on-goings in a not very convincingly made-up and rather far-fetched future world. You then come back, confirming just that, and still »Um, wrong« me...?

:scratch2:

Huh. Bad day at work? Family hamster died? Rudy Giuliani announced as the presenter of the upcoming Academy Awards?

I will sleep when I'm dead.

There will be no »You,« and there will be no »sleep.« There will be a decaying heap of organic and anorganic matter, which in most places of this world will be incinerated or else be disposed of in a way to prevent a threat to the living.

:wise:

Last edited:
I objected that you took a fictional quote, attributed it instead to the author of the novel and put it in an RL context––whereas it is stated as the opinion of a not very trustworthy character about on-goings in a not very convincingly made-up and rather far-fetched future world. You then come back, confirming just that, and still »Um, wrong« me...?

:scratch2:

Huh. Bad day at work? Family hamster died? Rudy Giuliani announced as the presenter of the upcoming Academy Awards?

OK, it's possible I misunderstood your comment, so I went back to re-read it.

Funny. I am just in the process of reading that book.

You do realize that this quote is meant to characterize the main protagonist––who basically is a mad hatter––and the world in which he thinks.
(Is not supposed to be taken out of context.)

To me, this meant that the main character of the story was a "mad hatter" (meaning off his rocker, which he isn't) and that you didn't think this quote applies to your real life request. I also felt the mad hatter comment made me believe you didn't understand the context of the quote at all, much less how it applies to this thread.

I think it applies exactly to what you were asking in the OP. Guess we disagree.

But I will compliment your slight of hand. Your reply (both, actually) could be used against pretty much every quote of every fictional story ever wrote.

In other words:

index.php

:dunno:

And as a main argument is put forward, 18 hours a day be not enough to play the game afk.

Seriously. :duh:
I don't think it was suggested 18 hours a day afk was not enough, rather that players like myself may actively play for quite a few hours, but then come bedtime / work hours / family time we stick on a long crafting run, so it doesn't eat our actual gaming time. So why if I need long craft runs, should I according to your preference, have to then craft the components I need in those hours I have free to play. If you are curious as to why I need so long, first look at how long 5k clicks of welding wire takes, which as a skill ship owner I use to help keep crew supplied. If this was done outside of my sleep hours, then my game time would be seriously reduced, and my enjoyment of the game likewise.

What works for you, and how you play the game, organise your life etc is not the same as for everyone else
We are adults and many of us not even young immature adults, we have learned how to manage time, and our age indicates we also know how to stay healthy (ish)

to limit expenses u can write to support to reduce deposits limit
to limit time spent u simply just uninstall the game and redownload it again (takes about 6 hours)

i'm trying to figure out the motive of your suggestions
you cant control
you spend too much
you want others to join you in suffering
you doing this to your child's account
you genuinely wants everyone to share your healthy gaming habits by enforcing a totalitarian rule
you do this same suggestion to every other game in the world, from mobile games to web browser to single player to multiplayer

but u could still play some other games apart from entropia in that 6 hours
or watch you tube videos for 6 hours
or actually sleep for 6 hours

you know what would be a better suggestion ?
call your ISP and tell them to lock you out of your internet for 6 hours every day at the time of your choosing.
if mindark could lock you out for 6 hours, and u end up playing another game, its no help to you.
since mindark is a company, so is your ISP ...
i think its much more easier to tell your isp to setup a internet blockade for you every day for 6 hours...

or u could hire me, to install a modem router / router, without giving you admin password,you'll need a good router, so i cna configure it to block out all internet access for 6 hours a day, i might even be able to simply blocked you from accessing entropia related stuff via some scheduling in the router. but you need a really good router for that. the only sad part is u might not be able to choose what time frgaments u want it blocked, so strat making a list.

What kind of President of Virtual Reality can't even say so!

W.r.t. health issues as well as tentative ToU violations, maybe MA should consider to implement a forced 6-hour game-break a day for every avatar. E.g. to choose from at log-in (where you could specify the next break to begin in hours and minutes), at log-out (check-box, break to begin now), else forcibly (after 18 hours).
if only everyone worried about their own problems (like, seriously, take care of YOUR problems, and let everyone else take care of theirs) then the world wouldnt have any problems. get it?

Last edited:
W.r.t. health issues as well as tentative ToU violations, maybe MA should consider to implement a forced 6-hour game-break a day for every avatar. E.g. to choose from at log-in (where you could specify the next break to begin in hours and minutes), at log-out (check-box, break to begin now), else forcibly (after 18 hours).
Who are you to tell me what to do with my time

I don't know how to say this politely, so I am not going to try. Shaddap tree hugger.

if only everyone worried about their own problems (like, seriously, take care of YOUR problems, and let everyone else take care of theirs) then the world would have any problems. get it?
This is exactly why I think everyone should have their own gun. Imagine a world with no problems!!

Back