Suggestion: Forced 6-Hour Game-Break a Day

GradenFoss is a Good person with a Good suggestion with Good motivation behind it.

The reaction's to it show that some never leave their house or.... actually I will stop there.
What is wrong with you Mega?

I don’t doubt GradenFoss is a good person, and I’m sure others don’t either. But this is not a good suggestion in the eyes of many people, hence the downvotes. Do not try and force an equivalency here.

You come here, say literally nothing of value, try and seed hate and division by implying that we must all hate OP, are no lifers or apart of some forum syndicate because we downvoted his idea.(note I didn’t actually downvote)

It’s not so much the issue that we all want to play 24 hours a day, it’s the principle behind the rule that we are all attesting

I feel saddened that you have fallen so out of touch with your community.
I can only summarise that this is some intentional sabotage against your own name. This is sad to see

Let's all take a moment to recognize OP telling everyone how to live their lives.

L.O.L

Ugh. Paranoia from too little sleep, maybe? :umn:

Recommend reading a few bedtime-stories by Philip K Dick.
Known to have quite a soothing effect on stressed-out brain cells... :wise:

Last edited:
Must be a yearning deep in human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws—always for other fellow. A murky part of us, something we had before we came down out of trees, and failed to shuck when we stood up. Because not one of those people said: "Please pass this so that I won't be able to do something I know I should stop." Nyet, tovarishchee, was always something they hated to see neighbors doing. Stop them "for their own good"—not because speaker claimed to be harmed by it.
-THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS by Robert A. Heinlein

Funny. I am just in the process of reading that book.

You do realize that this quote is meant to characterize the main protagonist––who basically is a mad hatter––and the world in which he thinks.
(Is not supposed to be taken out of context.)

You do realize that this quote is meant to characterize the main protagonist––who basically is a mad hatter––and the world in which he thinks.

index.php

You probably have read this GradenFoss, but if it has been years ago, it is definitely worth a re-read.

It is about a bunch of crazy people with different mental disorders trapped on the moon of a planet and .... the rest would spoil the story.

P K Dick is the finest Sci-Fi writer ever & Hollywood would appear to agree with me, even if others choose not to. :D

Generally I am all for "every individual having their own choice" in what to do. As a recovering gaming addict, however, I do realize that it´s not always an easy choice to make. When I was younger, I would forsake school, relationships, and even family, for gaming. It nearly cost me everything. I think imposing a timeout, might not be the worst thing in the world.

FOMO is a very real thing, in RPGs and particularly in EU i´d say. Where "missing out" has monetary value. It is a brilliant business model, but for people with addictive personalities, such as my self, it´s pretty difficult. If I had not had my previous encounters with gaming addiction I might as well had lost myself to Entropia. And this is a game in which, if you lose yourself, you lose not only your social life, but also your financial life. It could get real rough real quick.

I would suggest increasing the duration of game-break to 8 hours. Why? Additional PR. Not only would it benefit the health of the community (surely). It could be utilized as a marketing campaign to promote healthy gaming.

Last edited:

Um, wrong.

This quote was the main character moaning about the ridiculous law making that occurred after the moon residences fought so hard to be free and their own country.

W.r.t. health issues as well as tentative ToU violations, maybe MA should consider to implement a forced 6-hour game-break a day for every avatar. E.g. to choose from at log-in (where you could specify the next break to begin in hours and minutes), at log-out (check-box, break to begin now), else forcibly (after 18 hours).
That's a great idea! :sneaky: How about some more suggestions for preventing people from doing something foolish?
- Limit the amount of stackables carried into space to 20 ped TT value. You know, to protect them. :sneaky:
- Limit crafting EP4 to 20 clicks a day. :sneaky:
- Limit people from going into PVP4 until they rack up a sufficient number of kills in non-lootable PVP. :sneaky:
- Limit deposits to $100 USD per day. :sneaky:
- Limit the amount of markup you can pay for something on the auction. :sneaky:
- Install a breathalyzer on your computer so you have to blow under a 0.05% to purchase anything on the auction, craft, or troll people in chat. :dunce:

Or you could just let them be adults.

It's called minions. You get enough of them to play for you ????
Making minions is the new babies!

Or you could just let them be adults.
- Limit communism to the RL!
- Live by the game; die by the game!
- Philip K Dick should have more influence on artful simulations IMO

see the full speech - edited :

Last edited:
Not all hours logged into game are spent actively playing. Crafting long runs, repair tools on a mothership, even quadding thru space can all enable time afk. Not to mention when we sometimes simply forget we didn't log off before heading to bed. Are we then refused the right to play next day? This idea is ridiculous..
we are not children
we have complex lives and therefore very random hours of play
some of us need far more/less sleep than others or work odd shift patterns
If MA did anything so prescriptive it would lose players (some simply react badly to being dictated to), lose ped as people would no longer be able to do long craft runs, and yet also have hours to play actively, not to mention those families with one PC and where parents/kids etc take turns, which at weekends likely leads to almost 24 hours usage.
If you can't manage your own PC usage and worry for your own health..set an alarm clock, or fit a timer to the power cable. But dont try to impose your idea of what is correct / healthy / wise on others. For we are not you.

Perhaps most important..the true game addict will get logged forcibly off EU and simply go play something else. Their health is not therefore improved, and MA risks them finding the other game cheaper/ more fun and there went another player out of the door.
If you want to help players health, think of a way to reduce the pure gambling and thereby remove a lot of stress from the game

Last edited:
So we allow degenerate gamblers to pump like what, $3K an hour? into the EP crafting slots, but we should make sure people stand every 6 hours?
What a great idea…

YO !! i been online for 96 hours , sup now ? :D Srly i let my PC cool a bit cuz its to warm here.

YO !! i been online for 96 hours , sup now ? :D Srly i let my PC cool a bit cuz its to warm here.

Time for a 24 hour break for you then. 🥴

I will sleep when I'm dead.

I'm sure your heart is in the right place but I think that you would be the most hated player in game if MA implemented your suggestion.

My advice to you is this:
The next time that you have a suggestion for the game...
Sleep on it first before your post :p

W.r.t. health issues as well as tentative ToU violations, maybe MA should consider to implement a forced 6-hour game-break a day for every avatar. E.g. to choose from at log-in (where you could specify the next break to begin in hours and minutes), at log-out (check-box, break to begin now), else forcibly (after 18 hours).
this is the dumbest most retarded suggestion ever, u either end up with alot of time when no one is logged on , or alot of events and times are fucked. dont forget some people have to work, and some people like to stay up and race thru events and then take a break the next day , or just log in for chat,

this is like trying to implement some fasting culture into a game.. no food for 6 hours .. etc what the fuck is wrong with you. if u want to take a break .. take it yourself. dont force others in on your stupid restrictions, if u ahve to make the game to force YOU to not play .. u might as well blame yourself for unable to control your self.

imagine some guy trying to win an auction bid and gets kicked out after 18 hours and missed the auction item...
or unable to sell to people of a different time zone.

leave your own shit to yourself..

i like the "proud member of EU since 2005" players that actually play only on forum.

Good idea because of hunting and mining bots, but it cuts the crafting profession completely, so overall not doable, bad idea, etc.. 😂

index.php

If you think this universe is bad, you should see some of the others.

Um, wrong.

This quote was the main character moaning about the ridiculous law making that occurred after the moon residences fought so hard to be free and their own country.

Often stories are placed into a different setting than our current society, and things are caricaturized (made a bit more extreme), to make people see the principles of, and indicate what is going wrong in our current society.

Often stories are placed into a different setting than our current society, and things are caricaturized (made a bit more extreme), to make people see the principles of, and indicate what is going wrong in our current society.
Like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Avatar?

Yeah, Heinlein used his sci fi writing to explore a lot of social and interesting questions.

However, my point was just that Gardenfoss was likely mis-remembering the reasoning to that specific quote I gave.

No need to force a game break especially with access to a lot of afk activities in game.

If you are worried about spending way to much time in game then its time to take a step back and reevaluate. Game addiction can be a problem but its really up to the individual to seek out help since support is readily available online and in person. You can't force an addict to sober up they need to come to that conclusion themselves and the best you can do is support them in that effort.

I work full time and have a number of other activities that are higher up on my "to do" list than EU so I just manage my time accordingly. There is probably a very small minority of players spending more than 18 hours per day in game that this rule would affect aside from multiple people running the same avatar or running some bot.

Honestly if it was a real problem for MA they could monitor it since they know when my keyboard is active and when its not. So I would speculate running more than 18 hours doesn't have any affect on their financials or it benefits them in some way.

FOMO used to motivate me more but there is nothing I can do about it so I might as well congratulate other players when they score good loot and hope that I am in the right place at the right time when I play to score some good loot myself.

I take the exact opposite approach to nanny state babysitting. If people want to eat so much cake until they die then let them! What's the big deal.

I take the exact opposite approach to nanny state babysitting. If people want to eat so much cake until they die then let them! What's the big deal.

apply that to guns. i have heard there is a world quite happy that not everyone is running around like in wild west amVRica. :sneaky:

Again I am the opposite. I say give everyone guns. The problems will solve themselves.

Back