Forts and the economy

Sarubaboon

Alpha
Society
NBK Entrepreneurs
I was quite surprised yesterday by the new fort land grab system, something unexpected and that could bring a lot of new dynamism to EU. For a start it seems that finally there will be a very clear use for the vehicles, and I assume that this system will mean that a fair amount of them will be getting destroyed, prompting the need for more of them, etc. So probably good for the turn-around of the economy. What to you think?

Other effects could be the attraction of new players, as having a fort system bring the possibility of interesting team fights, essentially appealing to a wider variety of players than the current EU system.

Finally other effects discussed on another thread (and probably better just left there) include the possibility that the system could be exploited (skill gains during these events havent been clarified) and lead to a drop in skill prices?

Feel free to discuss, but please keep to the economic implications, no complaining or whining please!:smoke:

Finally other effects discussed on another thread (and probably better just left there) include the possibility that the system could be exploited (skill gains during these events havent been clarified) and lead to a drop in skill prices?
It has been clarified.

Forts are great for the economy IMO. And here's why (again IMO).

1.) (L) PVP gear will go up in value because people can use this stuff for forever and a day before it decays. So there will now be a higher demand for it. Many people don't like the idea of spending 5k PEDs on (L) PVP gear every couple of months.

2.) The small amounts of decay taken by 40 people playing for next to nothing is still 2x the amount taken by 2 lone PVP'ers in PVP zones elsewhere. So it WILL help MA's pocket book which does ripple down to us eventually.

3.) Cheap game play will keep lesser skilled players involved in PVP, which down the road will mean more experienced PVP'ers to....
A.) Fill up the lootable PVP zones
B.) Compete in Land Grabs so there may actually be some fighting and excitment which will then in turn cycle large sums of PEDs through the system regularly.

4.) Keep the demands for vehicles high for crafters because now it's alot cheaper to get your overpriced Helicopter or tank shot up at 10% the decay than it used to be.

Menace

More pvp = more money for returns i believe

as you get nothing from killing somone so free money to ma

might be interesting if they turn at least one of the fort LAs in to lootable pvp :) ;) ... but only if they leave mining possible there...

ask to crafters who make tons of clik to try to loot a L bp Vehicule.....
most of the bp are loot by new players, i dont think they will help the economy with their 100 clik run:silly2: (im not complaining)

same for guns, noobs break the market and now they dont have a good VU.....crafters will not try to loot those bp in futur i think.

And for hunters its a real cost to fight in the castle, and without a Tank or Helicopter its difficult to do something.... its reserved for a certain category of player..( i think its good)

we need to wait some week to see , hope you re right

Well one thing for sure ...
We WILL see an influx of the WoW gankers now a viable pvp section is here. Specially with the draw of real money and unpunished exploiters getting away with things in game every day now.

Hell if we are lucky maybe we will even have the crowds of gamers from certain countries being paid to zerg a LG with a million nubs so they can reap the taxes for the week. Not like those arent a fixture in every game that has PK or exploitable things to make money from in the mmo community.

and we will have it on every planet. Boring?

So probably good for the turn-around of the economy. What to you think?

I don't think the forts will have any significant effect on the economy.
Just an increase in MU's for high level weapons that only a small fraction of players will benefit from.

Back