Forum avatars

SvenP

Mature
Society
Expeditors
Sven JJ Arden
We all know the original Planet Calypso logo. All MA representatives use this as an avatar on this forum:

29075-logo-original.png

Logooriginal.png
Logooriginal.png

I thought it would be good to have a nice avatar like that, but expressing in some way my usual ingame experience. Apologies for my graphics skills which are not wonderful, but I had a go at creating a new logo using paint.net.

Well, this is what I came up with. :laugh:

29076-logo1.png

Logo.jpg

It got me wondering if there might be some alternatives that express the feelings that we must all get sometimes about Mindark and this game. For example:

29078-logo3.png

Logo3.jpg

29077-logo2.png

Maybe this last one would look better with yellow text? If anyone is a graphics designer and feels that they can help out here with a better logo then please post it here >>

I like the "Wallet Lighter" one!

1. which font is this?
  2. where can I get it?
  3. I always wondered why the big "Y" looked like somebody with both hands at his/her ears (or fingers in there...)

Well, I think it's one that MA designed. If you run it through http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ , I think the closest seems to be Technia 1 but even that isnt identical. Maybe someone else knows different?
I just used a lot of copy and paste in paint.net to create some letters that looked close to the font on the logo

Last edited:
I've done a high quality render of the Planet Calypso logo so you guys can play with it =)

PNG format, edit with Adobe Fireworks or Photoshop, have fun.

Cheers.

Back