Question: Forum resets at midnight?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
For a while now since the transmogrification from EF to PCF there's been bugs, most of which not fixed.

Anyway.

If you press "New Posts" after midnight you only seem to get new posts since midnight and that's not right - you may only get a few. I've missed several updates to threads over the past few months and so on.

I'm not even sure if anyone cares, Hanne? 711? Anyone there?

The forum does not reset at midnight. New posts are calculated by way of a cookie indicating the time of the last visit stored on each members' computer.

Perhaps you have altered your browser's cookie settings, which is interfering with this process?

The forum does not reset at midnight. New posts are calculated by way of a cookie indicating the time of the last visit stored on each members' computer.

Perhaps you have altered your browser's cookie settings, which is interfering with this process?

I disable as much cookie activity as I can using built in Firefox options. It didnt occur with EF so something changed when it was changed to PCF.

Elsewhere people have been asking today about threads "unsubscribing".

I've posted threads such as:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...g-with-PCF-New-Posts-(Page-1-of-x)&highlight=

I think this still occurs, although if the forum owners or maintainers are losing interest, then so am I. Less posting seems to be occurring so there is less chance of 5 pages of new threads to look through.

Reply, indeed that 's right, I get the same.

I also (almost) never have new posts in subscribed threads, but when I unfold the list I see several items that were replied to that day.

I disable as much cookie activity as I can using built in Firefox options. It didnt occur with EF so something changed when it was changed to PCF.

The code for managing the unread posts feature is pretty much identical in vBulletin 3.xx and 4.xx (the software that runs both EF and PCF), so I doubt that this is the cause of your issues.

In the vast majority of cases where only a few users are reporting a problem with a specific forum functionality, it usually indicates that the problem lies on the client side, not on the server/website side.

That is very likely the case here (especially considering your statement that you have dramatically limited your browser's cookie permissions): one of your browser settings is interfering with the cookie required for properly calculating unread posts from being saved, and in turn results in incorrect display of unread posts on subsequent visits.

I think this still occurs, although if the forum owners or maintainers are losing interest, then so am I.

I responded to this thread less than 2 hours after you created it and explained your issue. How is that 'losing interest'?? :scratch2:

I responded to this thread less than 2 hours after you created it and explained your issue. How is that 'losing interest'?? :scratch2:

711 is site Admin, but that doesn't mean he has nothing else going on. 2 hours seems like a fairly prompt response time. I don't feel the Admin is losing interest. Just my opinion.

I sometimes have to log in 7 or 8 times before it actually recognises me. New posts always show as no new posts andit says I can only serach again after 12 seconds.. wait 3 more and try again..The only way I can get new posts to show now is if I go to forums section and press show last 24 hours.

Seems like each week one more feature for me disappears and no longer functions as of late. all since it was switched to the new Vbulletin from the old version for the old forum.

Ok you responded very quickly to this thread I grant you that. Thanks, 2 hours, that was quick.

The last time you posted on the forum was 25th February 2011, over a month ago, that suggests "losing interest" to me.

Last edited:
i have the same problem...

Ok you responded very quickly to this thread I grant you that. Thanks, 2 hours, that was quick.

The last time you posted on the forum was 25th February 2011, over a month ago, that suggests "losing interest" to me.

Just because I don't post on the forum every day does not mean that I am 'losing interest'.

I spend many hours each week interacting with the forum staff and members, replying to forum-related private messages, and working behind the scenes on various forum administration tasks.

Back