Forum Transition: Status Update

I think you are confusing "functionality" with bonus benefits that were given to members who met certain criteria established for the Senior Member program on EF.

FPC decided to suspend that program (at least for the time being), so in effect the bonus benefits you were granted as a Senior Member are no longer available. It would be unfair to the rest of the members of the forum to continue to provide those benefits to those who were "grandfathered in", but not provide them the opportunity to also qualify for the benefits.

Here is my response

attachment.php

When viewing our list of 'All Subscribed Threads', it would be great if one could drag&drop a subscribed thread to the folders we create under 'My subscriptions'.
afro.gif

.. asking too much :D

When you select the new posts tab, it doesnt stay selected, and when you select the user cp tab the forum tab is selected.

Adding those links was a bit of a work-around. I have corrected the new posts and other tabs. However, the User CP tab now mysteriously highlights both itself and the Forum tab. :laugh:

Thanks for reporting, I hope to get it sorted out shortly.

Forum Gallery

When will the Gallery be enabled?

I tried to access it but.. "Product vBGallery is not active"

Thanks
V

Hi,
its my first post :wtg: ...

back to topic, when i try to change foto on my avatar appeared
2 informations: "This is not grafic image" and "image unabled to save"
I try in BMP and JPG format, size was good number of pixels too but i cant :mad:

Pls help me

MyX

Missing Features in the new forum...

Let's list what we miss most about the old forum and want implemented over here...

- EFD

What else is missing? For the most part it looks like transition went ok. Gonna have to update some links in my blog though and a few other places like entropedia...

Hi,
its my first post :wtg: ...

back to topic, when i try to change foto on my avatar appeared
2 informations: "This is not grafic image" and "image unabled to save"
I try in BMP and JPG format, size was good number of pixels too but i cant :mad:

Pls help me

MyX

Should be working now, please try again.

Let's list what we miss most about the old forum and want implemented over here...

- EFD

What else is missing? For the most part it looks like transition went ok. Gonna have to update some links in my blog though and a few other places like entropedia...

There is an ongoing thread about the status of forum features. In order to avoid splintered discussions on the same topics, I have merged your thread with the existing thread.

When will the Gallery be enabled?

I tried to access it but.. "Product vBGallery is not active"

Thanks
V

Check the opening post of this thread (I have merged your thread with the existing Forum Transition Status thread).

A BIG NO TO EFD SYSTEM!!!
REMOVE IT ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Any idea on the YouTube inclusion thing ?

The top navigation bar links have been adjusted and a User CP link added. Those changes should result in a more 'familiar' layout for those who have grown accustomed to EF's navigation structure.

Those were the Improved usergroup members. Usergroup markup color has been changed now, thanks for reporting.

This is the thread to report such things. Your moderator instincts led you to the right place :p

Indeed, the extended reputation display was one of the "bells and whistles" which I will work on getting added back soon.

Those few were smilies that were stored in the forum gallery (for some unknown reason). I am still in the process of moving that massive gallery data over to the new PCF directory, so we should be seeing some of the various broken image links disappearing. Indeed, it seems that all of the smilies you posted earlier are working now, which is a good sign for getting the gallery itself up and running again soon.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the new forum.

I will investigate getting that handy feature restored soon.

Thank you sooooo very much.... you are an angel 711 :kiss:

just noticed one more thing still missing... when making a post, there was a link under the smiles that allows to add images.

keep up the good work, you're doing a wonderful job :cheer:

Theres a filmstrip button when you post next to images, click that ;)

Ah Cool - but that does not help with Youtube videos already in threads using the Old [YOUTUBE] tags

eg

[YOUTUBE]pSDF8VvU13M[/YOUTUBE] - does not work or show existing videos now

this tag works, and can be used from now on, but that does not work for the older stuff.....

Is there a link or a post or something that shows the old EF ToS?
I'd like to see the real difference.

Has Rule #3.8 always been there?

Bottom of the page:

1. shouldn't there be a background in "bookmarks" section?
2. Contact us, privacy, ToS, portal etc. links are NOT clearly visible at all.

Besides, there's waaay too much space between blocks (menu, menu2, banner, header etc.) it's a waste of place and time for scrolling down.

so who made the template anyway? didn't you test it first? :p :)

Starting to look more like EF now, and that golden robot on the bottom right scares the beejezus out of me.

Cant wait for a new skin. :D

Bottom of the page:

1. shouldn't there be a background in "bookmarks" section?
2. Contact us, privacy, ToS, portal etc. links are NOT clearly visible at all.

Besides, there's waaay too much space between blocks (menu, menu2, banner, header etc.) it's a waste of place and time for scrolling down.

so who made the template anyway? didn't you test it first? :p :)

I am aware of these layout issues, and they will be fixed soon. vBulletin4 uses a completely different (and excessively inconvenient) templating and styling system than in previous versions, which makes it quite a challenge to get everything to displayed as intended.

All of the various display issues should be fixed within a few days.

And to answer your last question: yes the PCF template was tested on a vBulletin4 installation, and worked very well. Most of the layout issues we are seeing now did not surface until after the transition from EF, when all of the data and extra features are pulled together. The challenge is that with so many third-party modifications, tweaks and addons in use on EF, it gets very tricky convincing all of the various elements to play nicely together.

Gallery Update

The forum gallery is now operational. There are however still quite a few page layout issues that need to be address (tables position oddly, some text hard to read due to lack of color contrast, etc.). Those styling issues will be fixed soon, but I thought it better to open up the gallery since it is a primary part of the overall functionality that our community has come to rely on.

The forum gallery is now operational. There are however still quite a few page layout issues that need to be address (tables position oddly, some text hard to read due to lack of color contrast, etc.). Those styling issues will be fixed soon, but I thought it better to open up the gallery since it is a primary part of the overall functionality that our community has come to rely on.

I appreciate all the hard work your doing but I feel like going postal right now. Or postal 2 (what a good game that was)

"Selected Messages" menu is impossible to read.

fullscreen_capture_9232010_15405_am.jpg

Is there a link or a post or something that shows the old EF ToS?
I'd like to see the real difference.

Has Rule #3.8 always been there?

Rule 3.8 was always there, yes.

REPORT: In the old days I was able to exclude certain forums from the new posts query... will that fuction return?

are there any plans to reintroduce the search for MA posts like EF had in the search menu?

i always liked being able to login and quickly see a list of hanne and marcos posts.

second question.

are there any plans to implement the "quick response" feature i see on other forums?

"Selected Messages" menu is impossible to read.

Thanks for reporting, I'll get that fixed today.

REPORT: In the old days I was able to exclude certain forums from the new posts query... will that fuction return?

Yes, I should also be able to get that added today.

are there any plans to reintroduce the search for MA posts like EF had in the search menu?

i always liked being able to login and quickly see a list of hanne and marcos posts.

Yes the search shortcut will return, this was answered earlier in the thread.

second question.

are there any plans to implement the "quick response" feature i see on other forums?

Quick reply has been a standard feature of the vBulletin forum software for quite awhile, but was never enabled on EF because it encourages lots of very short 'spammy' posts. It'll be up to Hanne|FPC if she wants that feature enabled here on PCF.

Please bring back forumspy too

Will do. ;)

Back