Question: FPC Community Manager

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
I think locking this thread may have been not the wisest of things to do...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/179271-new-community-manager-11.html

you want to stop the community from discussing the topic by locking it ?

Sorry, but that's not what I would have expected really... this was a constructive thread with constructive feedback. I know it get's emmotional now and then but problems will not go away by just censoring them...

Well the thread started in February, and so by most definitions she isn't new any longer.

Someone would make a new thread anyway, oh look - you just did. ;)

Well the thread started in February, and so by most definitions she isn't new any longer.

Someone would make a new thread anyway, oh look - you just did. ;)

Agree in essence but it's never good to just post a reply and then close the thread... that's calling for trouble :D

Some constructive feedback for Hanne.

-Post about something you have been working on almost everyday and most will love you.

-Work in the shadows with secrets and you will only become another MA/FPC employee.

-Never ever use a copy paste standard answer. ever.

I agree the thread could have been locked more 'wisely' at least with an explanation like *I'm back - and been the community manager for half a year - time to close this thread and make room for new stuff* .. basicly

BUT in Hanne's defends, bumping up the thread with 'oh it's been a month now' - when Hanne has been active around (even in game at the recent bot events) is just to be asking for troubles, no? Kind of silly ;)

Some constructive feedback for Hanne.

-Post about something you have been working on almost everyday and most will love you.

She does that but a lot she cant tell because of the inside info ofc
-Work in the shadows with secrets and you will only become another MA/FPC employee.
I never talked so much to a FPC employee then any other (srry Simon and Emma :))
-Never ever use a copy paste standard answer. ever.

Then you dont know hanne. She nevers copy paste answers ... *remembers the i ated a cookie post*

Dunno who locked it but i figure the topic was way beyond the orginal topic of saying she is the community manager. Actually surprised it took so long before i getting locked and diverted to a new thread.

Also in the old thread somebody was claiming that she was still on holiday.That player should take notice of her other post and her actively being around with the Hydra attacks. So that player should maybe log in now and then before bringing up a old thread :)

yep agree.... as I said, this got a bit emmotional and I guess Hanne is having no fun either feeling the wrath of the client now that she's FPC ;)

But... she knew what she was getting into :D

Alright - latest Buzz says that Hanne is unavailable untill the 12th of September ... so, I guess she could just have written that, just saying ...

I don't understand what people expect? We get updates when they have something to tell us. She work for FPC and not for MA so she can't say much about things that MA should answer. I am more intressted to get some more information from MA, would be nice to have a spokeperson from them too.
I also guess FPC is a bit involved in the possible "sell of Calypso" and they can't say much about that.

Since I'm the one that bumped it -

In that thread she mentioned she'd been on vacation. Also in that thread she'd replied to me that the WOF prizes would be ready this month.

Anyone that seen all my posts / suggestions / and lately getting to down right rants about all of this would probably know why I posted what I did.

Sorry for bumping I guess.. thought it was relevant to WOF etc.

Oh - I didn't post she'd been on vacation for a month.. posted it was over a month + ago... meaning she's been done and back to work for over a month now.

Alright - latest Buzz says that Hanne is unavailable untill the 12th of September ... so, I guess she could just have written that, just saying ...

Well ... she actually did write it since she's the one who wrote the Gateway post. She just didn't write it in first person. In the other thread she said that she was on vacation only one week but was back (which wasn't that long ago), and now will be gone again for two more weeks.

I would really like to have a job like this. :D

Casay ... who handled the WoF stuff in the past? And ... I can't believe it has taken this long to do the awarding of the jackets either, that's just (fill in the blank). :rolleyes:

Well ... she actually did write it since she's the one who wrote the Gateway post. She just didn't write it in first person. In the other thread she said that she was on vacation only one week but was back (which wasn't that long ago), and now will be gone again for two more weeks. I would really like to have a job like this. :D

I got like two months off a year want mine ??? :)

Well ... she actually did write it since she's the one who wrote the Gateway post. She just didn't write it in first person. In the other thread she said that she was on vacation only one week but was back (which wasn't that long ago), and now will be gone again for two more weeks.

I would really like to have a job like this. :D

Casay ... who handled the WoF stuff in the past? And ... I can't believe it has taken this long to do the awarding of the jackets either, that's just (fill in the blank). :rolleyes:

Someone mentioned in a thread that they'd gotten their prizes on August 8th -ish last year. So was a month. Gah, I didn't even read anything about her now going to be gone until September 12th. Only have to wonder if her statement in her thread about prizes being in August of this year is out the window? Maybe she already got with Hurrikane before leaving.

?? It took 10 months to get your jacket????? :eyecrazy:
Was there at least a news article(s) about your WOF final?

Edit:
It wasn't my intention to start a whole thing about all of this again but to post a reply to her directly as the quote I used was a reply to my postings and others in that initial thread. Also in that same thread she'd said prizes in August and the month is now about over.

Yes, she did in the Buzz, but not in the thread, she locked ;) which is what I meant.

OH well .. .she'll be back ...

Someone mentioned in a thread that they'd gotten their prizes on August 8th -ish last year. So was a month. Gah, I didn't even read anything about her now going to be gone until September 12th. Only have to wonder if her statement in her thread about prizes being in August of this year is out the window? Maybe she already got with Hurrikane before leaving.

?? It took 10 months to get your jacket????? :eyecrazy:
Was there at least a news article(s) about your WOF final?

Edit:
It wasn't my intention to start a whole thing about all of this again but to post a reply to her directly as the quote I used was a reply to my postings and others in that initial thread. Also in that same thread she'd said prizes in August and the month is now about over.

Wow long time waiting with no replies ?? That's really a shame! I hope something will happen soon though :) (maybe with the update??)..

Anyway, I believe Ranpha means, she has 2 months of vacation a year ;)

I appreciate the offer ... but no thanks ... I only teach part-time and have plenty of free time as it is, so no worries. I guess I was referring to actually having a full-time job and being on the job for such a short period of time and then getting so much time off.

Maybe she's going on her honeymoon and it was agreed to before taking the job, I don't know ... she did mention something about "Love" and "O La La" in her post though, and it's not Valentine's Day! :D

I'm really trying to gain an understanding about professional protocol when it comes to communication though, and whether it's a common practice with Swedish businesses, not to at least give a courtesy response to an email or correspondence in a timely manner addressing what is asked.

Case in point ... I'm working on a special project and, if the community knows anything about my special projects, I like to go for that little something extra to elevate the information and entertainment value (you'll see what I mean soon), but ... not even a common courtesy response since Aug 13th saying ... "there's nothing I can add at this time, but thank you for asking, and good luck with your project" ... how incredibly simple would that have been.

Also ... why is it so difficult to openly address things here that are relevant to community activities, like the awarding of the WoF jackets, or questions the community asks about other things EU that aren't requiring them to give the shop away.

As much as constructive feedback has been given over and over, I guess we just live with the fact that we won't get the level of interaction that other developers give their participants ... no matter how much we offer to support their efforts to promote this universe in our own unique ways ... and that's referring to all of the members of this community who absolutely devote a lot of their time and effort to provide fun, information, and entertainment for fellow Entropians.

Putting together something like the WoF, not to mention time and ped spent by those who participate, and those who work tirelessly to develop things like the tools that make it efficient for our game play ... would it be such a hard thing to at least acknowledge these people in some way?

Yes, they gave out special armor to the extended guides, but why wasn't that time used first to do the WoF jackets that are long past due. Sponsoring an event with a prize is great, but then it also means that you give out that prize in a timely manner, not months later.

I know that FPC is gearing up to give out more recognition stuff, but will that happen too before taking care of other business?

I also don't want to hear every excuse in the book as to why something isn't happening ... business professionalism 101 isn't rocket science.

Sorry FPC ... but I mean everything I've written here, and won't apologize for the mini-rant (if that's what it's called these days) ... I'm just expressing my personal opinion as I see it, and ... just a few days ago, I was told by someone I've always considered a rather special person, that opinions matter ... so I'm hoping that if you read this thread you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Thank You

Wise stuff :wise:

I could not have said this better myself ... :lolup:

(well, I couldn't .. seriously, I wish I could, but that's another story)

Anyway, I believe Ranpha means, she has 2 months of vacation a year ;)

Phew, ty for the clarification. Was easy to believe though as Eps had posted in a thread he's still waiting for his prize for years? I think.

I'm really trying to gain an understanding about professional protocol when it comes to communication though, and whether it's a common practice with Swedish businesses, not to at least give a courtesy response to an email or correspondence in a timely manner addressing what is asked.

Case in point ... I'm working on a special project and, if the community knows anything about my special projects, I like to go for that little something extra to elevate the information and entertainment value (you'll see what I mean soon), but ... not even a common courtesy response since Aug 13th saying ... "there's nothing I can add at this time, but thank you for asking, and good luck with your project" ... how incredibly simple would that have been.

Obviously to simple :( I guess they don't understand how not replying kills a persons enthusiasm for it all.

Also ... why is it so difficult to openly address things here that are relevant to community activities, like the awarding of the WoF jackets, or questions the community asks about other things EU that aren't requiring them to give the shop away.

As much as constructive feedback has been given over and over, I guess we just live with the fact that we won't get the level of interaction that other developers give their participants ... no matter how much we offer to support their efforts to promote this universe in our own unique ways ... and that's referring to all of the members of this community who absolutely devote a lot of their time and effort to provide fun, information, and entertainment for fellow Entropians.

Yes, why is it so hard to address community things? Most players, when they do an event or something in EU don't expect 'recognition' with prizes from FPC or anyone else for it. They do it because they love EU and have a true desire to make it a more fun and interesting place. Hurrikane and Co., do a lot of work for WOF. I for one greatly appreciate it. I can't blame / fault him for the prizes not getting done. He did his part in running an awesome event and FPC has failed him as well as the community with this. If I was him I'd be flippin' mad at FPC for possibly ruining his event for the future. How many ppl want to participate in something that takes that much time / effort / ped with this as the end result? He's attempting to add more WOF related events during the off-season. How does this all help him?????

Yes, we'll never get what we want from then on communication although in fairness it is in someways better with Hanne. Maybe our expectations are to high on some things, but on others.... EPIC FAIL.. as I've posted before.

I'm done posting about it all. Even getting our prizes etc at this point is now anti-climatic as the thrill is gone. The pride of winning and all the feeling of hard work has now turned to sour grapes and finally wearing it will not have the same feeling I'm sure. :(

End result of this for me: I had offered to possibly help judge next season and / or attempt to write wrap-up stories (maybe with Coop) and do whatever I could to help promote and make the event better instead of just 'complaining'. I envisioned doing whatever I could to help Hurrikane with this from a community stand point since he's obviously already got a lot on his plate with this event. At this point though, I want nothing to do with it all. I reserve the right to change my mind in the future.. (woman's prerogative ya know...)

Back