Free event "Newcomers Into the wild" - 500 PED

I dunno why ppl try to stand at @ N of ORishi for the furthest place. It's not the furthest away from Tp.

Base on the rule "Furthest place must be on land.", I believe that Hidden island is the furthest place away from tp. you can still stay on land :laugh:

1.JPG

Coords: 8313 2668, Eudoria.

Last edited:
Just getting started ;)
Was preparing for March on Troy, now I got another goal to aim for.
I think I'll be dropping random bombs while climbing some mountains.
So tomorrow my blog will have some Wilderness in it :)

Will be uploading a screenie of me sweating soon.
I have some already uploaded, do you want those? :scratch2:

<edit>
Best blog entry will be based the amount of stars for the entry (voted by other users) + amount of reads.

Is it most views for one post, or for all your posts?

Added the link to your blog to the first post. It's the total views of all posts that will count.

To Opti;

"Best blog entry will be based the amount of stars for the entry (voted by other users) + amount of reads."

I have to say this rule is a bit.. off and unfair, maybe even stupid from my point of view.
Why ?
Its far to easy for a greedy person to get hes/her friends to both view and vote for him. And this will happend, maybe even has already, for sure.
it should be about the quality of the blog in itself, judged by you and which one you finds the most intressting and fitting to the subject you wrot your contest about, no?
Atleast, then it is a contest to work with it and improve the quality which the reader gets.
Simply with the rule you have now it is already decited that the one with most friends and best contacts will win, and you will hand that person 100 ped for not even caring about acurly giving a good blog.
a lot of people dont read blogs on this forum, some does but they are few, new blogs are even more rare that people read.Even more unrealistic that a newbie would even catch the sligests of intressted from the big mass, even by chanse, and get a lot of reads and votes.
is this really to call a "newbie contest" when most votes and reads wins ?

I mean. Lets say i would start a blog and get 500 people / day to visit it, and to vote for it, it would not be really hard. I just have to include the blog in my sig and tell people they get plus rep if they vote for me. (these are just exampels, but you probly get my point, and why i think like this.)

It just disscourageing to people who dont like to "cheat" and use their friends to get over some extra peds.

I love you do things for newcommers and not very skilled people, and care to do it, all respect to you for that, but i would like to see more fairness in just this specific one to attract more newbies, maybe who arent so well connected yet on calypso with people..

Also, it should be no problem to change this rule, since this is surely not how you want the contest to end?
infact, it is only if someone already "cheated" and made their friends do exaktly what i described in the scenario above, that they would raise a objections against a change of the rule. ^.-

Last edited:
Finally, my trip is underway!
Tip of Fort Troy isn't close to far enough, so don't even waste time with putting the distance, I'll go find somewhere else to make you proud ;)

To Opti;

"Best blog entry will be based the amount of stars for the entry (voted by other users) + amount of reads."

I have to say this rule is a bit.. off and unfair, maybe even stupid from my point of view.
Why ?
Its far to easy for a greedy person to get hes/her friends to both view and vote for him. And this will happend, maybe even has already, for sure.
it should be about the quality of the blog in itself, judged by you and which one you finds the most intressting and fitting to the subject you wrot your contest about, no?
Atleast, then it is a contest to work with it and improve the quality which the reader gets.
Simply with the rule you have now it is already decited that the one with most friends and best contacts will win, and you will hand that person 100 ped for not even caring about acurly giving a good blog.
a lot of people dont read blogs on this forum, some does but they are few, new blogs are even more rare that people read.Even more unrealistic that a newbie would even catch the sligests of intressted from the big mass, even by chanse, and get a lot of reads and votes.
is this really to call a "newbie contest" when most votes and reads wins ?

I mean. Lets say i would start a blog and get 500 people / day to visit it, and to vote for it, it would not be really hard. I just have to include the blog in my sig and tell people they get plus rep if they vote for me. (these are just exampels, but you probly get my point, and why i think like this.)

It just disscourageing to people who dont like to "cheat" and use their friends to get over some extra peds.

I love you do things for newcommers and not very skilled people, and care to do it, all respect to you for that, but i would like to see more fairness in just this specific one to attract more newbies, maybe who arent so well connected yet on calypso with people..

Also, it should be no problem to change this rule, since this is surely not how you want the contest to end?
infact, it is only if someone already "cheated" and made their friends do exaktly what i described in the scenario above, that they would raise a objections against a change of the rule. ^.-

Thanks for the feedback, i do understand your objections but i hate to change the rules so close to the end of the event. Also i wanted to promote blogging here a bit and people advertising their blogs might encourage others to write as well. I'll probably do things differently if i try something similar again next time.

Hidden Island

I've been there!

I have been at Hidden Island too, :yay: look at page 3

Zita

1st: Happy Birthday Opti! ;)

So wether my position is on land or not depends on the interpretation of the rules. As I read it the "on land rule" was introduced to prevent us from swimming to the corners of the map but not from getting wet feet finding the right position. So I interpreted "on land": the avatar is standing and "in water": the avatar is performing the swimming animation (and you can stand at 3583/48015). Of course I can be wrong but if I'm right and I am the furthest I would share the prize with the other people that have been around 358x/4801x. We are all supertramps :yay:

Hello Opti and happy bday to you :)
Tyvm for funny event ;)
Btw, where is this damnit schoolbus? :D any clue?

Opti!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU:yay::yay::yay:

Lady Carmenzita

Happy b-day opti. :)

Hello Opti and happy bday to you :)
Tyvm for funny event ;)
Btw, where is this damnit schoolbus? :D any clue?

Haha, I've found it ;)
Even dropped a probe on it.

HBD Opti!

Who are the winners?

Hi!

I am so curiously about who was the winner in this competítion, where can I read about that?

In here or.... ?

Yours Zita

Thanks everyone, I had a great b-day yesterday. I've added the winners to the starting post. Congratulations to Zita for winning the blog contest part and to Maria for travelling the furthest and also graciously offering to share her prize! I'll pm you both for details on where/when to meet ingame.
Thanks everyone else for trying this event out, hopefully we'll see some more explorer events with the eudoria makeover after VU10 :D

Thanks Opti!

This was a great event U did do for us :laugh: Lots of hard work but very funny to do it.

This was the first time, ever, I did won something so I am very very happy :yay:

Looking forward to the next competition U find out :ahh:

Lady Carmenzita of the Sunshine

:yay:Congratz to U Maria:yay:

Zita

Gratz to Zita and Maria!
Thanks for the nice competition, Opti!

Gratz Zita and thank you all and especially Opti for the great event. I already announced I will share the prize with the others that had their feet just a step away from the furthest position. So gratz Luc Marius, Santirami, Harley & siles camo Flage! I will meet Opti tonight 20h MA time at New Oxford TP. When you can manage to be there I will be able to hand over your shares immediately.

;)

Back