freezed beacon mission support case

Qyan

Provider
Society
The 3toed sloth
yanlin qyan quan
Here the support case i submitted and the answer.

03 Dec 2007 You wrote:
Hi,
Last saturday evening me and some soc member were on a 23 pedder beacon mission.
At the start the spaceship got invisable so we were standing in midair.
After a while all returned to normal so we went up and all went well until we started to loot the boxes.
We experienced several looting freezes during the opening of the boxes. This somehow also caused the countdown counter to go wrong. We got the 2 minute notice and about 10 to 15 seconds later the spaceship exploded. This left us with a lot of boxes (estimation of around 10 mostly the lower 3 levels) unlooted.

I have several screenshots available if this helps.
The looting of the mission was around 21:22 MA time the 17th of november.

Regards

04 Dec 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
Thank you for your message, are you the one who started the Beacon mission?
Kind Regards,
Entropia Support

04 Dec 2007 You wrote:
yes im the one who start the mission
cheers

13 Dec 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We have checked our log files and can see that your mission was completed. When it comes to your report that three of your looting freezes, we are not able to verify this by our log files. Incidents that cannot be verified in the log files can unfortunately not be compensated by MindArk.

However, this does not mean that we believe that you are not telling the truth, and we will of course forward the information that you have sent to the developers for further investigation. If there are technical issues, they will be corrected to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

Free to comment :mad:

The last couple of beaocn missions our soc went on all had incredible lag after the countdown timer started. TPs weren't working, and opening boxes would completely freeze everything.

Takes some of the fun out of it, if you ask me...

a will ago there was a tread about it and someone had proof on video and they get the same response of ma :mad: Sucks very hard :mad:

hmmm bad to hear, myself had a good experience with support about bad beacon

17 Jul 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We are aware of the costs and effort involved when running such a mission and therefore we would like to compensate your effort. A replacement beacon can be found in your storage.

We wish you success in your next mission.

Regards,
Entropia Support

You mean like this?

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7n7_sf-Wn_8[/YOUTUBE]

The answer you got was canned and exactly the same thing I got.

I sent support another case with a link to the youtube video as a courtesy to the developers since the support team couldn't see a problem.

AG

yep exactly the same AG :(

AlphaGeek.

While the quality & resolution of your posted Vid might not convince me if i was a developer...

It was clear to me as a player that the time it took your box to open was "about right", and then things hung at "open" for the best part of 2 mins. Bummer. Major one.

Me and my soc friends went on a 35 pedder (500+ ped). At first we had problems with that the spaceship we called down were totally empty, there was nowhere to place the beacon to even be able to start the damn thing. We let that ship go and called down a new one. When we finally where able to get one that was working we started the mission..

on the second lvl more than half of our team got stuck in the televator on the way up, and lost like 10 min trying to get to the next level. When the televator finally worked we had MASSIVE rubber band, you could almost run the entire level before you were back at the televator again.

When the massive lag/rubber banding stopped we managed to get to the final level and there is where the fun started, when the boss fell we couldn’t get down to the next level, the boxes on the “boss level” couldn’t be looted due to the lag. After waiting more than 5 min we could continue with a massive loss in time as a result. The few boxes we managed to loot were almost all empty. :mad:

We had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago, a massive lag between killing the boss, the alarm going off and then getting the message being classed as friendly units by which time most of us were half way down running for the level we were assigned to open boxes.

MA excuse - they can cannot be held responsible for the lag that ruined our beacon.

AlphaGeek.

While the quality & resolution of your posted Vid might not convince me if i was a developer...

Oh, I've got it as a full resolution AVI if they want it Dorsai. That's just what I put on youtube. My second support case is still open, so we'll see what comes of it.

The first case I opened on this particular beacon included UTC times for mission start, etc so the support monkeys knew where to look, but as they say their (crappy and far too summarized to be worth beans to the customer) logs showed nothing wrong with my mission.

I've decided after this that I'll be running FRAPS every time I do a beacon mission... should I choose to trust MA enough to even do another one after this.

AG

23 ped beacon for sale :D

Sorry guys I had to do it :silly2: I hate readying threads like this I just got a 23 pedder and wonder when I will be able to run this without it being a HUGE Loss :scratch2:

I hope you all get replacement Becons Please keep us all informed :confused:

You mean like this?

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7n7_sf-Wn_8[/YOUTUBE]

The answer you got was canned and exactly the same thing I got.

I sent support another case with a link to the youtube video as a courtesy to the developers since the support team couldn't see a problem.

AG

Yes indeed you got the proof realy so I don't see why they didn't get you a reaplayement

Just reread SuperKanjos post and that you got a replacement beacon. We basically got told to go away and stop bothering them and that we would not be getting any replacement.

Just reread SuperKanjos post and that you got a replacement beacon. We basically got told to go away and stop bothering them and that we would not be getting any replacement.

Yeah, we/i got a replacement beacon, maybe because i named exact location and time etc. dunno

This is the support i send to MA, maybe its a advice to provide MA with facts, like i did, exact location and time.

My Support

Support Case 113914 history

16 Jul 2007 You wrote:
Hello,

i just did a 35 ped beacon (payed almost 400 ped for it) and i went to the location with my team.

The location was 13952 17536

We went up with 7 people so that we had enough people to loot all boxes.

At the third level (if im right) we got a major lag where the bots were attacking us but we werent able to attack the mob, we couldn't heal ourselves and we couldn't teleport back down. This all resulted that we lost a few man who died because of the lag. Wich resulted that we couldn't loot all boxes on our way back down because we didn't had enough people to loot all.

I have the timestamp right after the lag where some people were killed;
2007-07-16

and position was

I hope to hear from you because due to the lag we missed loot.

Regards,

Janko van den Haak
Holland

17 Jul 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We are aware of the costs and effort involved when running such a mission and therefore we would like to compensate your effort. A replacement beacon can be found in your storage.

Regards,
Entropia Support

This happens so often after a vu i never go on a beacon mission after a new vu, until i have seen these threads and their end result.

i really hope this gets fixed for you!

I strongly suggest everyone avoids beacons like the plague until its resolved!

The box lag is a secret robot weapon...

"2 minutes to self destru...BOoOOo00Oo0OOo00OO00oo0OOM !!!!!!!!"

This really sucks :( (but I had to laugh at the video) maybe because its so sad :p ;)

...and position was 0.0.2280...

Those are the coords for everywhere you can walk on a beacon mission. Makes trying to map a pain in the arse, I assure you!

Not sure what MA is reading in your log entries that make the difference. My case had the same amount of data to help them find the log entries, such as beacon coords, UTC time of beacon call, UTC time into mission that trouble started, etc.

One clue may be that in my response from MA, the support monkey says something to the effect that they saw that we had "successfully completed" the mission. Presumably this means we lived long enough to whack the boss or the two other minionbots on the command deck, which we did.

I guess one question to pose to support is exactly what does MA consider the victory conditions of a beacon mission to be? Another would be why dosen't the client ack loot messages back to the server so that lag can be detected... ESPECIALLY on beacons where movement is locked while the loot process is going on??

AG

Regards,
Entropia Support
Way to go MindArk! That is the right thing to do :wtg:

... that makes them about 1 for three on the tally just in this thread.:handjob:

The self same thing has happen to me mate and i got the same reply so it this pointless Filing a surport case because nothing will never be done about it. i think they have got to big to worry about silly little things these days when they cant even get there servers working right!!!

Last edited:
Quyan, any recent developments on your support case?

AG

As many of you know my one real passion in EU is my beacons...

When running a beacon I have one major rule....

right click and display beacon size and location......press P and C for time and location on chat and print screen....

place beacon in slot and once arriving at the shuttle dock print screen again...

This gives MA an accurate time and place to start with the logs....

In MA's defense if they just handed a beacon to everyone that said they had an issue people would make up BS claims to try and rip off the system.

On the few beacons I did have issues with MA though perhaps a little slow have always replaced the beacon with one of matching value.....

I hate to admit this (damn I am such a noob) but I was critted by the boss on a 29.....162 crit from a wargen 6....in my salamander I was disgraced :(

so with some organisation we rearranged the looting order to compensate for my demise .....Ah stepped up and took revenge on my killer and proceeded to loot the ship.;..

After TPing down 2 floors running to the maze she stepped to the third tp and reappeared on the boss floor......
Needless to say we did very badly with our loot......

Dont lose your temper be patient and I am sure that MA will do the right thing.

I usually Create a post here with all the evidence and then post the link in my support....

Not only do they get the chance to view the evidence but they can see the response from the community...

GL hope you get restitution..
Echo

Back