News: FRESCOQUDA - Treasure Island's Newest Resident

Like many mobs now, they do have a tendency to run after someone other that the person that tagged them first. Most ppl seemed to be playing nice though.

They're soooo non-aggressive though, it's kinda funny.
I would go up and stand right next to them while filming and be there for a good 30seconds to a minute before they ran off for someone else. :laugh:

Fresco texture hunters'll be happy I guess ;)
They drop like mad - so yes - they probaby will. :D
I watched the % drop from 500% in the first few hours of them being released. :eek:

How long we have waited for this creature

Tried a few last night with a soc mate, and they were pretty cool, 1 Globie and some good loot. I like the way Treasure Island is shaping up!

Only 1 thing - How do you pronounce this critter's name? Fres ko KU da?

Nicely written article. I didn't know about these :)

Nice article MS ;)
And nice mob to hunt to :silly2: did well on them this morning .

Yeah I noticed last night there were quite a few new items (and the new mob of course ;))

Nice article :)

very nice MS9 :D

+reppy

Only 1 thing - How do you pronounce this critter's name? Fres ko KU da?

:laugh: Loki and I have been saying it like that since we saw the hides.
I have Frescocooties !!!

The name is interesting and I can't resist sharing this thread ...
Fres co what ? :rofl:

These guys are so fun - ty again Deathifier for having such commitment to EU and it's community - always continuing to expand our world and bring us more fun !! Thank you sir !! :hug:

they loot Anaconda! :yay::yay: (omg, precisely on the weekend i finished my project and have finally time to play a bit).

Great story and gratz to Deathifier for another release.

A few more levels to go on the Powerfisting and I should be able to use the Cleaver.

Does anyone know if the Cleaver is powerful enough to take one of these beasties down?

Bones

Great story and gratz to Deathifier for another release.

A few more levels to go on the Powerfisting and I should be able to use the Cleaver.

Does anyone know if the Cleaver is powerful enough to take one of these beasties down?

Bones

Find a Young one and give it a crack mate, although it is a regen mob and I would suggest something with around avg 50-60 dmg/sec minimum to do these.

Thanks again Deathifier, great work there for both the mob and the way of introduction.

Thanks MS9 for the excellent article, cant wait to see some real footage. ;)

fun, i wish i could actually stand a chance agianst these lol =)

Major gratz on the new mob Deathifier, TI is really coming alive of late :)
and great article as always MS9

Another fun read.

Nice article, MS9.

There's another funny part of the story. Ofc as soon as the new items started popping, everyone wanted in. The eastern edge of the LA was lined with green dots hoping a red dot would appear within marber range of the non-LA land.

Failing that, we worked out hilarious tactic of running into the LA, marbering a fresca, and running out before the 20 second timer finished--sending us back to the TI Castle revive.

It was hard to get just right, so often you'd see a red dot moving toward the edge after a green dot, then the green dot would disappear and the red dot stopped moving.

Made for a fun atmosphere, anyway!

OMG, how fun was THAT ... we knew that as soon as the first global hit the chat window, people were going to start heading out to Treasure Island. It was different this time, because of the division of TI into LA's, and therefore, "D" was able to utilize the event system to keep it a private deployment party for those who sold him the DNA parts (and their guests), as well as DK socmates who were able to attend.

I can only imagine ... how funny it was to see people stepping into the LA to tag a Fresco quickly, before they got sent to the revive. Now that would have made some interesting video footage. :laugh: With the event being only 2 hours, those in attendance moved at warp speed to take down as many mobs as they could after the first red dot showed up. It was often hard for me to keep pace with them :eek: ... but I'm experienced with having to kick it up to MachStar9, so we did ok over all. :D

Funny thing was ... right after the event ended, "D" basically said ... here they come. All we needed to do was look at the radar to see the swarm of green dots scatter all over the northern portion of the LA. We laughed, because we SO expected it. With the Furor, it was different, because there were no LA's then, and after the first global hit the chat window, the private party turned into a free-for-all, but it was fun ... especially when the participants read like a who's who of EU. Following an uber around is quite educational. :wise:

Too bad that actual "little" LA owners can't afford new DNAs as they wouldn't profit from it. Yet another failure from MA to allow the market not to be dedicated to only a 1 or 2 people.

I wonder why people are gratzing ... For me it's sad news when I see a monopole ...

Lack of competition ... Lack of interest.

Too bad that actual "little" LA owners can't afford new DNAs as they wouldn't profit from it. Yet another failure from MA to allow the market not to be dedicated to only a 1 or 2 people.

I wonder why people are gratzing ... For me it's sad news when I see a monopole ...

Lack of competition ... Lack of interest.

Just out of curiosity ... what did you mean by "little LA owners" ... are you talking about LA owners outside of Deathifier and ND? Whenever DNA parts become available for new mob construction, it is my understanding that anyone has the opportunity to bid on them. Is it not possible for all LA owners to construct DNA for a new mob on their LA's? Also, why would you say they wouldn't profit from it if they were able to construct a new DNA mob? I would think that people would be inclined to hunt the LA if this were the case, no? :scratch2: Or am I just not looking at this right.

With regard to competition ... it's not any different really, than those who end up bidding on a high-priced item up at auction either here or inside EU. Everyone doesn't have the disposable cash available to purchase certain items, including DNA parts, but everyone does have the option to. It was mentioned in the article that Deathifier ended up in a bid war against Robroy for a DNA part, but it was more specific to time than value.

People are Gratz'ing because ... it took a lot of time, effort, and peds of course to accomplish what Deathifier has accomplished. He's a businessman in this virtual universe, just like anyone who owns real estate ... yourself included Hon ... so you do what you can afford to do. It seems that DNA parts are a high-cost commodity, but I think I can understand that, given the potential of the return on investment.

Sorry you feel the way you do Hon ... but I tend to be happy for those who find a way to achieve their goals. I know it can be a struggle, and that all things may not seem fair to some, but nonetheless, the opportunities are really open to all ... you just need to have enough ped to underwrite some of them, and Lootius knows the majority of us don't. ;)

Very nice mob you got here

conGRATZtulations :D

Weee! A Mutated Armadillo! CongratZ Deathifier! :D

Fantastic article and writeup sounds like you guys had a real blast :)

Can't wait to get on over there and take a looksee for myself.

Just out of curiosity ... what did you mean by "little LA owners" ... are you talking about LA owners outside of Deathifier and ND? Whenever DNA parts become available for new mob construction, it is my understanding that anyone has the opportunity to bid on them. Is it not possible for all LA owners to construct DNA for a new mob on their LA's? Also, why would you say they wouldn't profit from it if they were able to construct a new DNA mob? I would think that people would be inclined to hunt the LA if this were the case, no? :scratch2: Or am I just not looking at this right.

With regard to competition ... it's not any different really, than those who end up bidding on a high-priced item up at auction either here or inside EU. Everyone doesn't have the disposable cash available to purchase certain items, including DNA parts, but everyone does have the option to. It was mentioned in the article that Deathifier ended up in a bid war against Robroy for a DNA part, but it was more specific to time than value.

People are Gratz'ing because ... it took a lot of time, effort, and peds of course to accomplish what Deathifier has accomplished. He's a businessman in this virtual universe, just like anyone who owns real estate ... yourself included Hon ... so you do what you can afford to do. It seems that DNA parts are a high-cost commodity, but I think I can understand that, given the potential of the return on investment.

Sorry you feel the way you do Hon ... but I tend to be happy for those who find a way to achieve their goals. I know it can be a struggle, and that all things may not seem fair to some, but nonetheless, the opportunities are really open to all ... you just need to have enough ped to underwrite some of them, and Lootius knows the majority of us don't. ;)

Don't misunderstand me. Deathifier did good. I blame MA on this.

it is very simple to understand, CND and TI owners would definitly earn much more from a new mob than any other LA owners. They promote their whole complex/island this way and get various incomes from all other mobs as well. A LA owner would only promote his little piece of land somewhere hence much less return.

It is just impossible for a "normal" LA owner to profit from new mob DNA with the current price tag they have.

There is just no surprises here ... It's unchallenging and makes alot of potential investors loosing interests on this virtual world. That's why I call it a sad day.

MA is making more instant money with this system, but on a long term they'd loose more regarding to discouraged investors. WE want this world to continue, MA needs to seduce people not discourage them. That's my point!

Last edited:
i'm an land owner and i must agree with zhorgul on this point, every new mob are bought by 2-3 guys (no name but we all know who) and it's almost impossible for new investor to have one land with a interessing mob.

we all know who will buy the next uber mob.

I would like to see the possibility to everyone want to invest to have a good mob on his land , in my opinion we need more mobs at one correct price.

/sry for offtopic

I get what you are saying, ND and dethifier definitely have more to gain from the launch of a new mob and hence it would be worthwhile for them to pursue it even at a higher price. Small LA owners wouldn't make anywhere near as much money if they had launched this same creature.

However that doesn't mean that if they really wanted to that they couldn't have bought those parts. Its just a matter or opportunity, anyone could have bought TI or CND in the beginning it just happens that these 2 individuals were willing to put up the most risk and reap the rewards. Same deal with new mobs.

Don't misunderstand me. Deathifier did good. I blame MA on this.

it is very simple to understand, CND and TI owners would definitly earn much more from a new mob than any other LA owners. They promote their whole complex/island this way and get various incomes from all other mobs as well. A LA owner would only promote his little piece of land somewhere hence much less return.

It is just impossible for a "normal" LA owner to profit from new mob DNA with the current price tag they have.

There is just no surprises here ... It's unchallenging and makes alot of potential investors loosing interests on this virtual world. That's why I call it a sad day.

MA is making more instant money with this system, but on a long term they'd loose more regarding to discouraged investors. WE want this world to continue, MA needs to seduce people not discourage them. That's my point!

So what do you suggest to make things better then, give people LAs with a handy TP and revive?

Instead of complaining about the way things are and laying blame at MA's feet what then should have been done differently?

Any LA owner could have stepped in and bought all these parts during the long, expensive and time-consuming collection process.
Thats called some sort of free market I believe.

A very well written report and fun read MS9!:)

Gratz! :yay: to Deathifier for the new mob, I look forward to seeing it in person.

Cheers :beerchug:

Back