News: FRESCOQUDA - Treasure Island's Newest Resident

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
1-frescohdr.jpg

On Friday, February 27th, yet another new DNA was released by Treasure Island's proprietor, Deathifier. The Frescoquda is one of three new DNAs that Deathifier has been working on for quite some time, and the second to be unleashed.

History in the Making

According to Deathifier, "The Frescoquda has perhaps the most unusual story as to how I came about assembling it, particularly when compared to the spectacular start of the Letomie and the rather unremarkable start for the Furor." Humble beginnings led to an accidental purchase, and ultimately to this most recent mob that has become the second newest resident of Treasure Island in just over a month after the release of the Furor on January 24th.

The back scales were the first to be discovered and purchased by someone other than Deathifier, followed by the tentacles months later. However, Deathifier indicated that at this time, it seemed the level of interest in the Frescoquda had dropped dramatically, but attributes it to perhaps the crazy Letomie bid war. As a result, he negotiated to purchase the tentacles in order to keep the DNA construction going, with a belief that it was not going to take long to finish. "I did pay quite a high price," says Deathifier, "but this was before it was discovered that so many parts were needed per DNA."

In the meantime, the back scales had been sold to someone else, but it didn't deter Deathifier from continuing his quest for other needed DNA parts. "When the first foot turned up, I got into one of those epic bid wars with Robroy, although it was epic more for duration than for massive surges in value." However, he shares that before that started, another person decided to sell him their accumulated parts, which helped in the quest to complete the collection for construction. Deathifier is candid in saying that, "It was somewhat later that I realized this person made a very smart move, as this is likely to be the most expensive weak creature ever to be implemented."

After the bid war, it became a waiting game for other parts to drop, which included not only the back scales, but the tentacles, feet, and hide. Deathifier says that 5 months after he started buying parts, and about 9 months after the first part was found, it was finally time to give birth to Treasure Island's newest resident. The official description of the mob from the fertilizer station reads as follows:
"Big and ungainly, the Frescoquda is usually a rather slow and friendly beast. Unless agitated, it’s not disturbed by the occasional passerby, although it has been known to react fast and aggressively when provoked."
An Official Event

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/2-la-division.jpg[/wrap] With the most recent VU 9.4, Treasure Island received an upgrade and was divided into land areas. As such, Deathifier was able to create an actual Frescoquda Deployment event without the area becoming overcrowded with Entropians after the first global hit the chat window. It was an invitation-only affair that included those who sold DNA parts to Deathifier, their guests, and the usual entourage of Dark Knights members that were available to join the unveiling. The vertical LA to the West of the TI North Shore TP was chosen as the location for the new DNA, and the now familiar wait for the first red dot to spawn ensued.

The event lasted two hours, after which the expected flood of hunters seeking their own treasures from the new mob quickly materialized.

3-eventdescription.jpg

While the event was set up as Highest Single Loot Wins, there was no prize awarded. It was all for fun and the privilege of being able to witness the launch of yet another new mob on Treasure Island. However, the person who came out on top was Max Marmac Power (FJRMac at EF) from Dark Knights with his 298 PED HoF. Despite there being no winner's prize, there were items in loot for some that more than made up for it.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/4-landmarker.jpg[/wrap]
Those invited to the event met up with Deathifier at TI Central to receive their tickets in order to register in plenty of time. Everyone then met at the LA Landmarker in anticipation of the DNA being activated. The fertilizer station is right next to the Landmarker, so Deathifier didn’t have to go far to get the job done. Once the DNA was activated, Deathifier told everyone to head North and spread out in the upper third portion of the land area. The radar became alive with dispersing green dots, each in hope of finding the perfect spot where the new mob would spawn.

The Waiting Game

The waiting is always the most intense, but there was plenty of fun chatter in the event chat window while everyone waited. Deathifier took this opportunity to share some additional information about the new mob, but there was no mistake that everyone's attention was focused on the radar for that first red dot to appear.

[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/5-deathifiermac.jpg[/wrap] Deathifier and Mac (FJRMac at EF) stood calm as they waited for the first sign of activity to occur. Everyone else took up positions either singly or in groups, trigger fingers itchy, poised to pounce on the new targets.

Once the first spawn appeared, it was on, and green dots scattered faster than if someone had yelled fire. It wasn't long before globals started popping, and discoveries were made. Deathifier became inundated with PMs while red dots became more and more frequent. It wasn't long before people were being Gratz'd for their globals and discoveries, with lots of OMGs being expressed when the uber loots appeared.

Everyone moved fast to take down as many mobs as they could in hopes of looting something special themselves. The atmosphere was electric with movement from both players and mobs that made it seem like a well-orchestrated ballet.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/6-huntingfresco.jpg[/wrap] During the frenzy, I made my way around the northern third of the land area to capture as much action as possible, and was able to get some unique photos and footage that show various sides of the Frescoquda. Every once in a while, the mobs took a liking to me, but I think it was just love taps. Oh, except for one time I was too engrossed in filming a mob-herding by Deathifier and ended up flat on my purple backside. Lady Trisha, and I think Ozi came along and helped Deathifier wipe out the herd.

They're funny to watch when they're chasing someone around as a group, but the AI doesn't seem right according to Deathifier because tagging and shooting each one doesn't seem to help keep them focused on you.

Everyone seemingly had a good time, and had plenty of mobs to hunt since it was a closed event, but they knew it was only two hours long, and once the event was over, they would have lots of company, so they kept vigilant with their efforts.

7-huntingfresco.jpg

8-huntingfresco.jpg

Discoveries and Items

Some of the special items looted and discovered include:
• SkilDek Anaconda (L)
• Vain Foot Guards (M,L)
• Chronicle Helmet (M,L)
• Isis LR66 (L)
9-new-item-hof-list.jpg

When the event finally came to a close, the anticipated flood of hunters waiting to get into the land area became a reality. Ubers, mid-level players, and even some in OJs came to have a look at the new resident of Treasure Island, and to get their hunt on in search of their own discoveries and items.

The latest resident of the island is worth exploring. Some say it resembles a cockroach, while I say, it looks like a slug on legs, and sounds like someone trying to start their car on a cold Winter's day. The lower maturities during the event were relatively easy to handle for most, but they have been bumped up a bit, and I believe now include up to Dominant, which some are quite happy about.

Thank you Deathifier for yet another interesting mob to occupy our time on Treasure Island, and we wait in anticipation to experience the third and final DNA of the Letomie when the collection of all parts have been completed. In the meantime, Congratulations on the release of the Frescoquda DNA.

10-deathifier.jpg
11-singlefresco.jpg

Presenting the Frescoquda

Special Thanks To: The-Onciest for graphics assistance.

Last edited:
Nice mob i will try it soon, and nice article to :D

Good job MS9 :wtg:

Hunted them a bit already.. But shall continue when the green dots have "thined out" :silly2:

Nice mob, nice report as usual and gratz to Deathifier :)

a pink cockroach eh?

Hmmm

Ah well Gratz to Deathy for releasing another mob for us all and a WD to Ms9 for yet another fantastic article. :D

It was a lot of fun to try them out :D Thank you for the new mob!

Rock on Deathifier,

And full respect to you for your deployment party.

TI comes to life once more :yay:

And before I forget, great writeup as always MS9 ;)

Cheers,
Sparkz

Just amazing how fast this came after the Furor. Brilliant job Deathifier!! Can anyone tell how hard these are. I guess they aren't doable with Riker UL2 and shogun set?

Great Article MS9!

Great realease Deathifier +rep to you and gratz, + rep to Mac for the then win. :D

Keep killing them bugs and keep hoffing everyone!

(Omegaton something Nightmare any pics of stats?(most recent(I think)an valuable new item))

wow :) Mega Gratz Deathifier and a Big Thanx to MS9 for this great article.
Also a Big Ty to the people who decided to sell their looted Parts to Deathifier !

Now a little question : What kind of Damage they do and how many Damage without any Armor pls ? Are they fast or slowly ?

Ty and GL !

Fleur

Another new mob ! :yay:

They run slow .. but they regen fast.
They're not very aggressive at all - but when they do get angry - watch out !

I ran up to an old and took hits consitently for 40-60 without armor - until I died of my measly 160 hp. The guardians seemed to be the ones that wanted to make me their bitch - so I hid behind Loki for those. :cool:

Looks like lots of fun was had and neat, new itemz were looted !
Thanks for the article =)

Congratz again to Deathifier - seems TI is the place to be !! =)

ps - can anyone verify if it is NW or SW of the TI north TP ?
I listed it as NW in my quick movie bit - but someone said it's wrong. :ahh:
Am I really that directionally challenged that I ran out ther 20+ times and didn't realize the direction I was going?!? :D

why don't people post those discoveries ? 3 new guns, 1 bp and some armor parts ... not all at the new mob but still...

Nice new mob addition, gonna check it out soon, and nice article too btw! :thumbup:

Great article Mindstar =) The private party was quite fun yesterday :)

About discovery, the omegaton kaleidoscope nightmare has nothing to do with the fresco, it's crafted.

Irea : No, you need at least gremlin/ghost+5B and a good gun like isis HL or LR.

Yeah gratz deathifier, great mob. I went to TI and found they were too tough for little old me so I joined a team, was a LOT of fun for this miner. My team had a few globals, nothing much to shout about but for me the loot didn't matter, was great to just join a group of ppl I've never met and start exterminating some big bugs.

Yey nice mob that i can singlehunt in a 2years basis :)
Well gratz for the new mob there, only thing i was missing was the revival :(

GZ !!!!!:wtg::yay::wtg::yay::wtg::yay:

Well done Deathifier, and ty for the story Star :)

holy CRAP there needs to be a revive out there, nice article btw.

Wonderful report MindStar9!

Glad you were able to join in the fun and sorry about that herding incident :)
The creatures get all confused when there are so many people nearby all firing their noisy weapons and shooting unnatural beams of light past the Frescoquda's heads.

Very glad to see everyone liking the new creature too!

- Deathifier

Reactions: Meg
Very nice report Miss Star! :cool:

While I'm still scared to mine in that area, I will have to visit TI more often..:wtg:

good job all
kris kiffy found the foot, no 1
mention him

MS9 was taking to me and she just logged out
Ms9 think u spelled helmet wrong at the end

Great article MS9 and really cool graphic work from Onciest too.

Well done to Deathifier on putting the DNA together and bringing another new mob to Treasure Island. TI sure is a great place to go hunting with all the cool mobs on there now - really looking forward to the Letomie when it finally comes together.

For people looking for the mobs, just go to Treasure Island North tp and run due west, simple as that.

Wonderful report MindStar9!

Glad you were able to join in the fun and sorry about that herding incident :)
The creatures get all confused when there are so many people nearby all firing their noisy weapons and shooting unnatural beams of light past the Frescoquda's heads.

Very glad to see everyone liking the new creature too!

- Deathifier

Thank you, and ... no need to apologize to the mob-herding Queen of days gone by, it was a blast. I know you attempted to heal me (caught it with my peripheral vision), but it was too late. It wasn't your fault though, I wasn't paying attention, and I had my hud off. They weren't hitting me hard at all earlier, so I thought I could take a knock or two. :laugh:

At any rate ... it was a fun time for sure, and I like the fact that they are so laid back. I walked up to one now and then just to see what it would take, and they didn't budge. :silly2: I'll have to go back out there and try my hand at hunting them, since I didn't do any of that during the event. ;)

Thanks to everyone else as well ... I always appreciate your kind comments. I have to agree with those who seem to be excited about the new mobs at Treasure Island. It's quite incredible that Deathifier has released two of the three new DNAs in just over a month's time. I know we're all anticipating the release of the last one, but I suppose only Deathifier knows when that will happen. :D

Congratulations again "D" ... you've done Treasure Island proud with your perseverance in acquiring DNA parts for these mobs. I can't wait to see what the third one will look like. :wtg:

good job all
mention him

MS9 was taking to me and she just logged out
Ms9 think u spelled helmet wrong at the end

Would you stop please ... I was getting ready to log out at the TI North Shore TP when you were chatting with me. It was a pleasant chat that we had, so I have no clue why you continue to make the comments you do here and elsewhere.

Also ... I am aware that helmet is spelled wrong, and 711 will be correcting that in the development section of the Newsroom when he's back in the forum. He reviews my articles as well before publishing, and neither of us caught it, but I'm guessing it was because it was incredibly late trying to get the article done and published at the Front Page for the community.

good job all
mention him

Kiffy did do his part to contribute to the Frescoquda though, and was at the deployment event. His help, like that of all other people who found parts and helped find parts, was appreciated.

Unfortunately since there are a mix of public and private trades the names of those who found parts is not published. They were, however, invited to the deployment event :)

Bye,
Deathifier

Nice article, MS9.

There's another funny part of the story. Ofc as soon as the new items started popping, everyone wanted in. The eastern edge of the LA was lined with green dots hoping a red dot would appear within marber range of the non-LA land.

Failing that, we worked out hilarious tactic of running into the LA, marbering a fresca, and running out before the 20 second timer finished--sending us back to the TI Castle revive.

It was hard to get just right, so often you'd see a red dot moving toward the edge after a green dot, then the green dot would disappear and the red dot stopped moving.

Made for a fun atmosphere, anyway!

Was nice to hunt the one that I could (Beacuse an idiot named "entropias most wanted" took my mobs, even tho I did shoot at em and they had lost HP.........)

Was nice to hunt the one that I could (Beacuse an idiot named "entropias most wanted" took my mobs, even tho I did shoot at em and they had lost HP.........)

Like many mobs now, they do have a tendency to run after someone other that the person that tagged them first. Most ppl seemed to be playing nice though.

The event was fun - until I lost connection and could not reconnect :(
I was a little disappointed to only get 10 minutes of hunting on the new mobs before losing connection :cry:

Last edited:
Back