Help: Fresh install hell! Keeps on deleting my clientdata directory!

Kundred

Guardian
Hello all.

I am on Holiday on the UK and I have installed Entropia on my laptop but when I try to patch my instalation it all seems to go well but once done it fails to load. When I look in teh directory i see that the clientdata directory is gone! Anyone have this problem?

I am installing from the new dvd of the game.

Thanks.

Your talking about C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\data\client? There is no dir named clientdata.

Actually I do see a "clientdata" directory in my "Entropia Universe" directory as well as a "bin32" directory.

I'm not sure, but the "clientdata" directory may not appear until you actually play the game from your laptop for the first time? (This is a guess and you didn't say that you have played from your laptop before patching.)

Questions:

Have you tried to run the "Clientloader.exe" file in the "bin32" directory? It's possible, I guess that the shortcut you are using is not working.

Do you by any chance have a backup copy of your "clientdata" directory? If so, what happens when you restore the folder and retry?

You might have to uninstall/re-install assuming that you have the installer stored on your hard drive.

These are just some thoughts that might be helpful.

/\

Hi and thanks.

The directory was there before the updates, its in the root of the entropia main directory, it has all the data (several gigs) then after the download its gone! The error message is...

An error occurred when trying to download a file.

Update_10.3.0.0-10.3.0.35944.exe

Sorry to hear that - then it doesn't seem to be related to the new installation to your laptop specifically. Rather I would check the other threads in this forum for information concerning the 10.3/10.4 download and installation issues. (as I'm sure you have already done).

I'm now guessing that the patch installer is failing to restore a new "clientdata" directory before it finishes the install (if you are actually getting the entire patch installer content downloaded at all.)

Jamhot posted that MA is aware of the patching issues and is still working on it. He gave a link to another forum with some more discussion also.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :ahh: It kind of makes it clear why some people post about feeling like beta testers - but never fear; the devs always come through eventually.

/\

As Antronius says, there have been problems with the patch downloading properly. The download via DNA that the setup offers as an alternative has caused some problems, and has been suggested by many that DNA be completely removed for your computer, and should not be used in the future during install.
Did you use the option to download via DNA?

As for the clientdata folder, may have something to do with the version of windows you have, that naming folders is different per version, I don't know, what I do know is that I have the game running in XP and I do not have a folder named clientdata in the EU dir. The setup 10.3 is a new install, iirc, the setup process did remove files from the previous version before installing 10.3.

Back