Frustrated with the game, the cost of playing the return for money ?

How has your gameplay changed playing PC

• Total voters
This is an ongoing discussion in soc chat. Our overall losses per hunt have increased greatly with the occasional profit run. Less people are logging on and most of us are depositing less or not at all.

Why can't MA realize that it's better for people to have reasonable losses in the game, like 10-30(rare)% TOPS? There would be more players, more of the economy due to more demand etc instead of ripping people of with 60%+ losses? It just makes more and more people stop playing. They'd make MORE money with more people playing with less losses, fair return of skills for those losses and imagine.. a happy community :) Sigh.. seems like that WAS the EU I started playing years ago. Now I'm charged for every thing I do. They've nickle and dimed us to death, from various decay fees, peds to ammo to fragments in loot.... increase in ammo used to now be able to give us loot worth less than 1 cent USD. Remember 1 ped auction fees? You see the change in our loots? Am I mistaken in remembering those peds were supposed to go to the loot pool? Hmmm maybe they only go to ATH's. :scratch2: Fragments, less value of ammo etc is why the 60% + losses. I'm personally tired of it and playing less and less.

We can all understand the need for MA to make money. We don't understand their change of business model to take every last ped. :/ FIX THE BALANCING MANAGER!!!!!!

hmmm couldend find the option i stil depo , i only play more and stil breakin even on the long run.

This goes for my entire soc (few exceptions who know themselfs why they losing.. ).

seems to me same 5 to 10 peeps whining again in this tread (dont think anyone have to mention them we know the names..), Cant you people just leave instead of whining and bitching everytime you got 5 freakin minutes to spare,
some of the whiners here aint even active players stil they have to agree loot gotten worse, without any first hand information of the situation. (witch is pretty damn good).
But dispite these people apparently losing so much they still here whining their socks of, so reading you al we can draw 2 possible conclusions.

1. the game is a moneypit and is only set up to steel your money.

2. you playing it like a.. (hmm can we say retard on the forum???:scratch2::scratch2:) wel lets keep it at special person.

Or maybe we can ad a thirth posibility
3.it aint so bad you win some loosse some and overal if you use your brain you go up overal.

Seem to me 3 is the one i am in so is everyone in my soc (witch is expending rapitly atm , new and returning members)

a wel just my toughts witch i wanted to cunclude with. " stop whining damn get out or whatever but damn stop this same old nagging crap. Its pointless its anoying and last but defenetly not least TOTAL BULLSHIT.

(bad englisch disclaimer,..yes it sucks i know dont blame me blame loot))

I dont' want to jump the gun on conclusions... how long you play with your ped greatly depends on your playstyle. My poll is more about "behaviour" than gamestyle. I see where you are coming from but I want to keep it objective for now. Hope that's understandable.

It can not be objective if you leave out an important options. this topic should be deleted and restarted with the two missing options of;
1- I deposit the same and play less
2- I deposit more and play less

I find that I deposit the same, but play far less, because peds don't last anywhere near what they did years ago. I was not an eco hunter, I used a Mad IV/beast, Foxtrot/e-amp 15, plated Phantom armor and an ek 2600.
A 300 ped ammo run would cause me an additional 200 ped in weapon decay, fap and armor decay could be another 100 ped or more depending on the mob hunted.
I used to be able to judge the quality of my hunt on return of loot against complete cost of ammo and decay, but today I am judging hunts on just loot against ammo cost.
What once was about 70% return on total cost, I find now 65% or less return of ammo cost alone.
I had not changed, but EU has. I have tried to go completly eco, but that too has the same return %

Hi,

stopped depositing and play less.

Well, actually am I playing more again, because I had stopped completely for a few months - but now as I am back, I play considerably less compared to before. Cannot get me motivated to do anything for longer anymore, frustration lurks everywhere.

It's not that my loots are this bad. I've learned, a long time ago, to abandon the adventurous, challenging game style that draw me into this game, in "the good old times (tm)". I've learned to rarely use my armor, I've learned to calculate the costs of every swing of my swords, I even learned to live with such an, IMHO, sick, "eco optimized" game style.

What hurts me is that there's close to no people around me anymore. Very rarely someone of my FL, or from my Soc is around, and if, they usually just check in, say "Hello", and are gone again. Traveling the usual known centers of commerce, to sell my loot, usually gives me the option to sell to 2, max. 3 traders that all are offering shaming low rates. Close to anything I loot is TT fodder, and even if I'm able to sell something in auction it just pays for the auction fees. The economy is down, and the supply by far out-wights the demand. No ppl, no demand, TT is my friend.

What hurts me is the layout of Calypso now. Wherever I go there's hills, mountains, cliffs. The few roads are littered with well hidden obstacles designed to hurt the structural integrity of my buggy. Wherever I go to hunt mobs in a certain size I can bet there's some ridiculously high-HP regenerating ones mixed in to drain my ammo. I don't want to play with high stakes, I don't want to risk 10 PED or more on a single mob - but they are the flavor of the game now. And they are everywhere.
Except, maybe, in some LA's, where I'd then be damned to camp a single kind of mob, in a small area between the cliffs.
Gone are the times where I made mining runs over a whole quarter of Eudoria, gone are the times when some thinking was behind the layout of the land.

What hurts me is the lack of many of the possibilities we had before the unfortunate CE2. And what hurts even more is the poor replacement we got for it. Vehicles? Cool. Implemented in an usual MA fashion, as pure PED suckers, unresponsive, clumsy, poorly designed, seemingly copied from age-old cinematics from the 60's ...

Where's the unique visual appearance of the world, and it's inhabitants, that made PE the game I joined enthusiastically back in 2005? Where's the strange people that colonized that world? Where's the fun?

Guess I'm just too old. EU might be better suited to people not carrying the reminiscences of "the good old times (tm)". Hurts too much when comparing.

My best wishes for success to MA, FPC, and all the planet partners! May you find loads of new participants, the more, the better! May this game be the next big thing, overrun from people of all around the world!

Maybe then I'd be able to sell out & withdraw with adequate results.

Have fun!

Wow, so many whiners.
Bad runs. Yeah, well, i've had bad runs since well before CE2, so nothing new. True, loots were more balanced before CND launched and ATHs started to appear like mushrooms on a autumn week. After that, I have had awesome loots, but also knew terrible black-hole-sucking-all-your-ped-card-dry runs. This problem existed before CE2.

Hi,

Wow, so many whiners.

tbh Naifas, I'm not pleased to read this just below my post. In that I clearly stated that I'm NOT complaining about "bad runs".

You can do better, I know.

Have fun!

Why no place for deposit less and play more? I don't deposit and would play even more if I didn't have to go to work ;)

The third global this fifteen days old guy got...

Favorite Mob: Berycled
Largest Loot: 5,244 PED
Total Loot: 5,444 PED
Current rank (30 days): 1979 of 3254

To things like this happen I believe that MA are really desperate for fresh meat!

Just like a cycle, get rid of the old ones that they (MA) owe a thousand PED already and bring the new and innocent players so the cycle can goes on.

That bad that I'm here to stay MA!!! :smoke:

The third global this fifteen days old guy got...

Favorite Mob: Berycled
Largest Loot: 5,244 PED
Total Loot: 5,444 PED
Current rank (30 days): 1979 of 3254

To things like this happen I believe that MA are really desperate for fresh meat!

Just like a cycle, get rid of the old ones that they (MA) owe a thousand PED already and bring the new and innocent players so the cycle can goes on.

That bad that I'm here to stay MA!!! :smoke:

there goes the personal loot pool theory.. such thing do no exist. only avatars pre determined to have more luck than others

only avatars pre determined to have more luck than others

Now you have said it all!

Like different multipliers per avatar, wonder if staying six months without depo MA will change my avatar multiplier :scratch2:

Now you have said it all!

Like different multipliers per avatar, wonder if staying six months without depo MA will change my avatar multiplier :scratch2:

Rapidly approaching two years without depositing, done jack shit for my one. If anything it's gotten worse.

A global within the first few months was rare for a newbie when I started. I knew players who took over a year to get their first. My average was one every 3 months when I was active i.e. I logged in and played almost everyday not once in 2 months like it is now.

These just prove that the hofs and ath's are not part of the normal loot process and are random events. The more ped you cycle the higher the chance of getting one. And we've no idea how much ped this player was cycling.

Last edited:
Hi,

A global within the first few months was rare for a newbie when I started. I knew players who took over a year to get their first. My average was one every 3 months when I was active i.e. I logged in and played almost everyday not once in 2 months like it is now.
back in 2005 when I started quite a few of my noob-friends had their first global soon after the sweating phase, means within the first 3 month of playing. They had deposited, bought good stuff, and hunted approbate critters.

For me, it took longer. It was close to a year to get my first global, but then they kept coming. 50 PED - 500 PED, 3 or more every month. (Really true, checked my screen shots).

Admit, I played a lot then, and the ways better return rate then allowed the cycling of quite some PED, without getting poor in RL due to crazy deposits ...

Lil' Xandra whacked preferably Atrax young - guardian, with axe 2x0 and honor, and it was a great time. Hunting was challenging, game was fun, and even when I actually paid much more but for any other MMO at these times, I didn't regret.

It was a good time, and I'd really wish something like this would return. This game could urgently need it.

Have fun!

Hi,

tbh Naifas, I'm not pleased to read this just below my post. In that I clearly stated that I'm NOT complaining about "bad runs".

You can do better, I know.

Have fun!
Well, sorry to have included you in the bunch, but i still stick to what i've said. Bad runs have been happening since well before CE2. We all tend to complain after a bad cycle. I too complained a lot in the past, especially after having been pawned out of 7k peds in 1 week of hunting 2 years ago, that was a first for me.
But did i quit? No, i still play everyday, if i can. Last year, i can't really say i have had reasons to complain. I hitted a team ATH which pulled me up slightly to the green side (yes, i know i was very lucky to hit that one). Unfortunately, i'm almost were i was before the ATH as i have been slowly but surely bleeding my PED card. Steep downward curves and sudden upwards, and the rest is a slow slide to the bottom, but nothing a 200€ deposit per year wouldn't heal.

And I see a guy complaining a lot all the time, including in this thread, yet, he consistantly withdraws ped everymonth. Ain't that fun?

Hi,

back in 2005 when I started quite a few of my noob-friends had their first global soon after the sweating phase, means within the first 3 month of playing. They had deposited, bought good stuff, and hunted approbate critters.

For me, it took longer. It was close to a year to get my first global, but then they kept coming. 50 PED - 500 PED, 3 or more every month. (Really true, checked my screen shots).

Admit, I played a lot then, and the ways better return rate then allowed the cycling of quite some PED, without getting poor in RL due to crazy deposits ...

Lil' Xandra whacked preferably Atrax young - guardian, with axe 2x0 and honor, and it was a great time. Hunting was challenging, game was fun, and even when I actually paid much more but for any other MMO at these times, I didn't regret.

It was a good time, and I'd really wish something like this would return. This game could urgently need it.

Have fun!

I know what u mean. Unfortunately, these days have passed. The L era changed everything. A strange kind of feeling stayed. I'm not too sure if it's me getting too old or busy for the game, or if the game itself is getting too old for me. The feeling of novelty has passed a long time ago, and I'm not sure what keeps me going on. Skilling up seems to be one of them, doing missions, etc. Gearing up.. not so much. Swirlees keep it entertaining, hofs, even more. The bottom line is, i'm too stuborn to go anywhere.

An interesting and well thought out poll... Interesting to see 47% show depositing less/not depositing and playing less...:confused:

Now, for a perspective, the tracker right now shows as my standings:

hunting : 1553 of 3258
mining: Na of 2028
crafting: 1618 of 1655

For some historical data, we have this thread

We are up in every category compared to beginning of November, and hunting is up over 11%. Of course it would be good to have the same activity as during longtooth/eomon all teh time, but i think that is unrealstic.

Honestly I stoped with depo....After many many poor runs my motivation is 0...MA pulling very bad moves and my personal opinion is that many players lost all confidence in EU, story line from now don't exist no more with silly planets like MJ & Rocktropia proves that MA thinks only in short terms 2 get fast money....Getting new items in game with same or even less player base in EU will just reduce price of your old equip,weapon,armour,etc...So if you asked me I prey 2 god that MA will sell EU 2 some big company who are willing 2 get less profit but 2 gain in long run term,otherwise the game will be doomed soon...

I know what u mean. Unfortunately, these days have passed. The L era changed everything. A strange kind of feeling stayed. I'm not too sure if it's me getting too old or busy for the game, or if the game itself is getting too old for me. The feeling of novelty has passed a long time ago, and I'm not sure what keeps me going on. Skilling up seems to be one of them, doing missions, etc. Gearing up.. not so much. Swirlees keep it entertaining, hofs, even more. The bottom line is, i'm too stuborn to go anywhere.

(L) changed a lot of things IMHO. Seemed to me thats when costs started to rise and players lost their virtual stake in something that felt original. Since that time I think player confidence in MA has eroded. I'm afraid way too many thoughtless decisions are squeezing the life out of EU. Also the player base is being stretched thin between the new planets instead of that influx of new players they should be bringing in.

Needless to say I've stopped depositing and play less. How long this will last? Who knows.....

(L) changed a lot of things IMHO. Seemed to me thats when costs started to rise and players lost their virtual stake in something that felt original. Since that time I think player confidence in MA has eroded. I'm afraid way too many thoughtless decisions are squeezing the life out of EU. Also the player base is being stretched thin between the new planets instead of that influx of new players they should be bringing in.

Needless to say I've stopped depositing and play less. How long this will last? Who knows.....

We can`t expect growth from these Neverdie Studio planets as they`ve barely managed to launch and they way I see it they`re still in Alpha stage and can`t afford any decent marketing. They might be different story in 2-3years time.

Cyrene should be the game(planet) that will hopefully deliver that extra user base growth we hope for and they should also come with a working and polished planet. We should see their planet this year, probably in Summer-Autumn according to latest info.
This new FPC owner seems to have payed top $ for Calypso and hopefully has some nice plans in store along with their Planet Micheal and Universal Monsters.

Let`s wait and see how this year will play out. These first 2 planets are merely a snack as main course didn`t arrive yet. ;)

Last edited:
Let`s wait and see how this year will play out. These first 2 planets are merely a snack as main course didn`t arrive yet. ;)

That's exactly what I am......and shit, now that I think of it, have beening doing with PE/EU all these years. Its always been a "wait and see" but this time I am not going to continually chuck money into EU anymore on the hopes they and the current Planet Partners get their act together. MA and the planet partners want my money then they have to earn it just like I did and earning it might take some out of the box thinking. The further back I step from EU I see a lot of things that just don't make sense and maybe I am seeing EU a little clearer for better or worse.

As far as ND studios they should have had a business plan that included marketing don't ya think? Well then again most people entering a collaborative busines would have read the contracts too...........meh :grumble:

SEE buying FPC :dunno: how that will pan out. I guess it depends on if they grow or move resources and talent. Just exactly what they do and how they integrate.

Overall I see plenty of other studios out there in the real world, some big some small and the ones I admire the most are those that build rich diverse worlds things one can only dream about. Mindark used to have that spark but at some point creativity seemed to give way to the "bean counters" and nothing could be made with out some sort of angle to cost more with less entertainment value. Events just............end sometimes with a paragraph with little explanation if we are lucky sometimes they are just forgotten waiting for us to die a virtual death and take our virtual breath away lol.

So yeah I am waiting and I am seeing but I don't think real change(even new planets) will come to our little virtual universe until things are done differently and its seems the only thing that makes Mindark move is money so lack of it might make them take notice.

Wow, so many whiners.
Bad runs. Yeah, well, i've had bad runs since well before CE2, so nothing new. True, loots were more balanced before CND launched and ATHs started to appear like mushrooms on a autumn week. After that, I have had awesome loots, but also knew terrible black-hole-sucking-all-your-ped-card-dry runs. This problem existed before CE2.

This thread is not about whining... it's a poll about an objective behaviour analysis. The result of the poll speaks for itself. It has nothing to do with whining.

Even though not all possible poll options have been considered, should give MA and FPC a good idea that there is a problem somewhere. This is not whining. This is an analysis.

And if such a survey helps the game... then that is good.

I just hope that Hanne, Marco and maybe Mr Timkrans are reading this and doing something with this "free" customer survey...

To be minimally useful, IMHO, you are lacking at least two options (i think someone mentioned that earlier): "I deposit more but play less" and "i deposit the same but play less" (meaning the game has become too expensive). If i want to crunch the results of the poll the way it is now, i can easily interpret it as "all is fine and dandy", "nothing changed". So the poll in itself is quite useless, frankly. This however contrasts to a great deal of posts i've stumbled upon, with a lot of complaints about loot. Fine then, switch the word "whine" for "complaint" (the same TBH). These have been there for ever. Create a "complaintometer", and a "satisfactionometer" for balance sakes. Human nature will always be the same. The need to complain will always be stronger than a cry out of satisfaction (unless it's f**king sky-high orgasmic). Even if things are balanced (which i don't think there are, as ups and downs are too steep), the complaintometer will always win. Always.

To be minimally useful, IMHO, you are lacking at least two options (i think someone mentioned that earlier): "I deposit more but play less" and "i deposit the same but play less" (meaning the game has become too expensive). If i want to crunch the results of the poll the way it is now, i can easily interpret it as "all is fine and dandy", "nothing changed". So the poll in itself is quite useless, frankly. This however contrasts to a great deal of posts i've stumbled upon, with a lot of complaints about loot. Fine then, switch the word "whine" for "complaint" (the same TBH). These have been there for ever. Create a "complaintometer", and a "satisfactionometer" for balance sakes. Human nature will always be the same. The need to complain will always be stronger than a cry out of satisfaction (unless it's f**king sky-high orgasmic). Even if things are balanced (which i don't think there are, as ups and downs are too steep), the complaintometer will always win. Always.

I don't bloody care whether you call it whining, complaining or whatever... I notice that players deposit less and play less... and there is a reason for it. And if MA or FPC don't watch it, they will run into a massive cash flow problem which is when the shit hits the fan... I like this game and I don't want it to go bust, when I raise an issue then it's in the interest of the game. You can interpret the above as you like but you will see that it's reality when the financial come out if MA ever dare to publish financial ever again as long as they are stuck in the swamp... You can shut your eyes to reality but we are in a pretty precarious situation herer atm. MA is trapped in a situation where they need to make the game cheaper and hence shortly reduce inclome in a moment where they are short cash... try and survive that... I hope they will...

Just a summary:
46%+ deposit less or stopped depsoiting totally.
21%+ deposit the same as before or even more.

I doubt, the 6.4% that deposit more, deposit enough to bring the same income to MA as before...

... but I have the feeling, MA doesn't see the same numbers as we do here...

Back