News: FUROR - Treasure Island's New Resident

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
1-furorhdrtitle.jpg

2-furorhdrpic.jpg

On Saturday, January 24, 2009, a new mob was unleashed on Treasure Island by its Proprietor, Deathifier. This is actually the third in a group of 3 mobs that he has been working on, but the first he has given birth to, which took over 4 months to complete.

The unveiling started with a private group of people that included Deathifier's society mates from Dark Knights, along with a couple of guests who had sold Deathifier the DNA parts, or their representatives. I was honored to be invited to capture this event, and present a debut of Treasure Island's newest resident. Deathifier had everyone gather at the Treasure Island City TP at 18:30.

3-dk-mtgplace_573717.jpg

Once everyone had arrived, he slipped away to activate the DNA, and gave everyone instructions to meet him at a specific location in the northeast portion of the island. It was here that we all gathered again in anticipation of the first spawn of the new mob. Deathifier estimated that it might appear between the hours of 19:00 – 20:00, and while that might seem like a bit of a wait, everyone exhibited as much patience as possible despite the excitement about the opportunity to see a new mob and its first spawn.

4-waitingforfirstspawn_94217.jpg

While we were waiting for the first spawn to appear, Deathifier took the time to give us the official description of the Furor that was provided from the fertilizer station.

The Furor is technically not a native Calypso species. When scientists found traces of their DNA, they quickly deduced that the Furor is a biologically engineered animal. It is still unknown by whom and in which laboratory the Furor DNA was constructed. Some believe that the Furor is the result of a botched experiment, while others believe it was engineered by an alien race.

Deathifier shared that it took a fair number of parts to get the DNA assembled, and found it unusual that the Eviscerators dropped the eyes since they were new mobs themselves. He said the skulls came later on from the Umbranoids. The other two DNAs he has been working on are the Letomie, which he anticipates will be larger than the Furor, and the Fescoquda, which he thinks will be somewhat smaller. As soon as these two mob DNAs are complete, they too will be introduced to the Entropia Universe as new residents of Treasure Island.

The time had come, and as we all watched the first red dot appear on radar, there was no mistake that the adrenaline was pumping, and the excitement was high. Everyone began racing toward the first Furor that appeared, and as we got closer, we realized that the spawn was in full bloom. This first encounter with Treasure Island's newest resident was nothing less than exhilarating, but the action is best experienced not in print, but in viewing the Furor, and the hunters who took this creature to task. Word got out quickly after the first global hit chat, and it wasn't long before many others joined Dark Knights and their guests for some Furor fun. A full-on video of all of the action is in production, and will be posted sometime on Sunday, January 25th.

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/8/6/5-deathifier.jpg[/wrap] What? … the maturity isn't high enough? Some suggested that a higher level maturity would make it more challenging since it seemed that the Adepts were a bit easy for most to take down. Deathifier was accommodating and turned up the volume to max maturity, where even some of the ubers found the higher maturities a bit of a challenge to handle on their own.

However, it didn't take long for larger teams to form, and the massive Furors found their demise to be quite swift. It wasn't until later that Deathifier adjusted the maturity to its final settings … Patron/Thief/Rogue. He indicated that teams of two could handle them just fine, and that anyone with decent armor should be able to solo them.

People are always interested in what types of items are looted when new mobs are introduced. The question is whether there are any discoveries, or items of interest outside of the ordinary.

Some of the items looted were:

• CB 24 (L)
• LR53 (L)
Boom BBC (L)
(Discovered by Lady Trisha & Janus of Dark Knights)​

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

• The Captains Lost Hat (M)
• Power Claw Cleaver (L)
• Enhanced Target Assessment Unit
• Advanced Target Assessment Unit
• Eyeshadow (Silver)
• Black Paint (Furor Clan Leader)​

Many have already had an opportunity to experience the newest resident of Treasure Island, but if you haven’t had your first encounter with them as yet, let me assure you, that when you come face-to-face with one, you might just stand in awe first before you engage in battle. Once you get a feel for the dynamics of this new creature, the real party begins, and then it’s on.

Congratulations to Deathifier in assembling the DNA for the first of three new mobs that he will present to the Entropia community. It's always exciting to have new friends to play with, so I'm sure we will all wait in anticipation for the future debuts of new Treasure Island residents.

In the meantime … there’s someone waiting to say hello to you!

6-furor.jpg

Special Thanks To: Globex Designs for assistance with graphics.

Has the Mob Been infected with the G Virus ? lol....

Very cool !
Gratz on the new mob on TI

Gday Al,

Gratz to MS9 for a great news scoop!

Gratz to Deathifier for the awesome work to bring these relics of an era past back to life! (AUSSIES JUST MAKING IT HAPPEN!!!)

The critter looks like the stone creatures from Neverending story! Lets get it on like Donkey Kong!

Regards
Bags

Good one MS9 :)

I think I was one of the first people to get there once the news had leaked, having logged in just before what I think was the first global. 10 minutes later the place was too full of green dots so I went away again :D

But I'll be back to try them again soon :)

Grats to Deathi on FINALLY making this mob - I hope the others are close to completion too, and that you have enough spare parts to make another Furor before too long as well :D

Thanks for the great article MS9, cant wait to see the vid :thumbup:

Great fun as always having you along and chatting with you.

Big grats to Deathifier for getting this creature up and running and thankyou for the opportunity to be present at the release.

This just adds to the diverse choice of mobs to hunt and items that drop in the universe.
The challenge now lies in working out the best armour combo for the maturity levels set (and whether I should stay hunting them or go back to cp) :D

Mac :)

Yet another excellent post MS9 :D

And again congratulations Deathifier for getting the new mob up and running:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

great report MS9

Great report MS9 and I am sad I was unable to make it there.
Still to have been involved in creating a new mob by looting a skull makes me somewhat proud.

And the Furor even looks cool :yay:

Fantastic report MindStar9 and I can't wait to see the Video tomorrow :)

Thanks to everyone that came along, and especially to those who helped make this possible by finding the various parts required!

- Deathifier

excellent article!

Great report, Looks like fun.

wow that is just AWESOME :eek:

HUGE gratz to Deathifier for yet another awesome mob on his island :yay:

omg omg omg :yay::yay::yay: it looks fricking cool Gratz Deathfier

tumb up:)
that what 'new reporter' means good work.

Great article MS9, thankyou.

Huge Gratz to Deathifier, you deserve every success with this and the other mobs in progress - it's been a long, tough and clearly expensive process to bring us a new mob - so thankyou.

I think the Furor is a fantastic addition to Treasure Island - bit harder than Hogglo - but also due to them moving so very slow, these are a great mob for lightly armoured teams who have some decent range (Marber Bravo's etc).

I saw yesterday :) wow they are the coolest mob so far i think :)

Normal BS

Over 100 mobs down...

14 percent returns on ammor and repair invested...

Do what you wish, I'll not waste my time or peds any more...

Seems, does not matter how many or which, check the names that do hof or glob...seems you must be a faired haired child of MA to get anything...

DS...

Over 100 mobs down...

14 percent returns on ammor and repair invested...

Do what you wish, I'll not waste my time or peds any more...

Seems, does not matter how many or which, check the names that do hof or glob...seems you must be a faired haired child of MA to get anything...

DS...

Maybe someone should call the waaaaambulance then?? :laugh:

Mate we all suffer losses.

Any real need to bring loot complaints into this thread already?

Exelent article MS9 :wtg:
Big Gratz to mr Deathifier and thx for bring us this new mob :yay:

Really good report! Gratz once more Deathifier! :yay:

Nice post and fast to ;) thx

Adept furors were perfect for an average player. Current maturity of thieves `n such suits only uber armor owners.

great story MS9, keep up the good work ! :yay:

Adept furors were perfect for an average player. Current maturity of thieves `n such suits only uber armor owners.

Agreed. I went and had a look, thought it looked like a cool mob, but then tried one and I was in near stalemate with a Patron which looked to be the lowest maturity there. So unless I had completely the wrong protection on (Ghost+5B), its a team mob only for the mid-levels at this maturity.

But if more DNA drops maybe we can have a lower maturity spawn somewhere else.

I've spent most of the day working out where to set the maturity it at to suit both types of player - average and uber.

It is currently on level 4, spawning mostly gatherer, patron and thief.
However the spawner is also spawning an unusually large number of rogue, along with some gatherers and the occasional scavenger.

I actually turned it down from 5 to get rid of the Scav's.

Ideally I would have two independant spawns, one high and one low, though right now I am stuck with just one. Perhaps I will be able to find another stack of parts and setup another :)

For now I recommend taking a friend out with you or focussing on just the smaller maturities.

- Deathifier

Great article, scary mob :eek::D

Deathifier is doing one h... of a job trying to keep everyone satified.

Cant be easy turning down maturity with all the soc screeming more or less "nooooooo" in soc chat last night ;).

I think this is a team mob for most players, aint that a good thing? :)

Great article! Thanks for all the info. :)

Back