Future of Creatures sub-forum

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
As you may know, I'm no longer playing EU and am only visiting the forum infrequently.

As a consequence, I will no longer be updating threads in the Creatures sub-forum. As I am the only active moderator, that probably means it won't be updated at all. Mega still has the ability to edit the posts he created and occasionally does so, but he can't do that for all threads.

The best solution would be for someone else to take over as moderator.

There are two main purposes for the Creatures threads and I suggest any future moderator should try to maintain it in the same way, though you may also have your own ideas of how to do things.

1. To provide a location for any discussion about individual mobs. In practice this has mostly been discussion about hunting locations.

2. To collect verified stats and information on mobs. "Verified" is key - we already EntropiaWiki for user input information, and I see no point in duplicating that information. The information in the threads has been confirmed be me personally, or by one of the other mods/former mods (largely Mega who did a great deal of work when Creatures was first created), or from verified information (e.g. screenshots of mob scans, rigorous damage tests) provided by other users. There is some speculative and unverified info within the thread discussions, but typically these are not added to the OP without supporting evidence. My policy has always been not to include info on loot drops, because a) it can be hard to verify; b) some players are understandably reluctant about sharing this info; c) it is subject to change without notice, which may be difficult to detect; d) gauging rarity of items is difficult and/or subjective; and e) as above, there is plenty of loot info on EntropiaWiki, and there is no point in simply duplicating it.

I hope what we've done with Creatures is a useful resource and that it can be maintained. If anyone is interested, I would suggest you start by posting here. The best candidate would be someone who has already demonstrated a long term commitment to EU, is good with stats and figures, and isn't likely to disappear in the near future.

I can answer questions but it is not up to me to appoint someone. That will have to be discussed with 711.

I just pop in to say thank you very much to you, Oleg, and everyone else who has contributed information and has maintained the pages (I also contributed my bits here and there). And of course thank you in advance to whoever will take over. I see this as valuable information that shouldn't just go to waste here.

Those pages still help me out every now and then.

Bump, still nobody taking over as far as I know.

Bumping it up as well... I fear very few people have the dedication left to actually spread information to others (I certainly don't)

Thanks for all the great work you've done Oleg!

I've been an Entropian since late 2004, so I meet the first.
However, I'm only good with stats as a sort of interest. I've quit my chemistry edication (not because of math grades).
And as far as "not likely to disappear" goes, I've had breaks in the past, I'm currently on a break since the beginning of december (but starting to return) and I'm very likely to break again in the future.

Besides, I don't have the time for it. So that's a lot of words to say "No, I can't bring myself up to the task of moderating".

Bump for Oleg

Back