Future State of Mining

John William

Guardian
Society
The Knights of Entropia
John William Slayer
Hello, my question is :

Will Mining ever get as much love and attention as hunting?

The same could also be said for crafting as well but I'd like to focus on mining. Entropialife is not a perfect representation but it does show a general idea of how each profession looks like. I know the total value only includes Globals/Hofs. Looking today on 10/23/2020 it says for Weekly Stats:

Hunting= Total Value 3.5 million and Weekly Globals 31,876
Crafting= Total Value 4 million and Weekly Globals 19,801 I Know EP 4 makes up a lot of the total value and Globals/Hofs on crafting.
Mining= Total Value 577,951 and Weekly Globals 4271

Below are some ideas and suggestions :

There's lots of room for improvement for the mining profession. Right now the only unique thing that happens is a SOOTO maybe every 5k drops that gives some angel scales or hansidian rock and a few mining strongboxes. I know mining's never been the most exciting profession but maybe that can change one day. Right now lyst/oil waves in particular locations encourage people to AFK and not spend ped including myself to try and minimize their lyst/oil composition to maximize markup. It can be frustrating getting 100% lyst, oil hit rate even at 1000+ depth with high skills knowing that neither depth nor skills matter at all because you're "off wave". I'm not even sure if mining TT % can even be as good as hunters at the supposed 95-96% TT hunters get with good efficiency. Most logs I see from miners seem to be around 90-92%. Could efficiency become a thing for miners and have depth and skills help toward that in a more meaningful way? Would a looter profession be a consideration for mining? I understand that if mining turnover increases to the level of hunting and or crafting it can greatly effect and hurt markups on most resources. That would need a big crafting overhaul which would be a huge undertaking to tackle both things at the same time.

One idea is mining instances kind of like the ones for mayhem. In this mining instance I like to think of the Merry Mayhem Hogglo area. You would be able to mine here normally and to not crash resource markups loot "mining shrapnel" that could have higher conversion then hunting. To be in the style of mining it could be "special probes" that give you this conversion like shrapnel. It could have say 103% or so conversion ratio. This idea is kind of like how hunters in mayhem get like 70-80% of their loot in shrapnel. That other % could then be regular mining resources. This also goes with the idea of the lyst/oil filler to avoid crashing markups on other resources that I'm not a fan of but do somewhat understand. Their could also be a boss there that by dropping probes would send seismic waves into the ground damaging the boss. He could throw rocks that you'd have to dodge while mining to provide a little engagement.

I know none of these ideas may be implemented or considered and that's fine. My whole point is finding creative and fun ways to increase turnover without crashing all markups and introduce something fun for miners. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Your question has received a response through our AMA video:

Thank you for participating! :D

Back