FYI: MindStar9 is back! Who else saw this coming?

Status
I am surprised mods didn't delete the thread as the goal of this thread seems clearly a personnal vendetta/crusade against someone.
To Doa, move on and grow. You just look shadier than MS9 in her time.

Now we can expect the front page of Monria to change from Monria Player Hits 30,685 PED Mining Tower and Monria Player Hits 31,621 PED Hunting Loot ? :yay:

I was wondering what is that telling to new players about the place :scratch2:

You just look shadier than MS9 in her time.
Oh? Did MS9 look particularly shady in her time? I didn't know her, is there any facts you are referring to or is it just a subjective opinion?

So Mindstar is promoting Monria under a new ava...what's the big deal here?

Seems to me, she might as well use her old ava now, if the intention was to hide the old ava.

I thought Mindstar was the creator of EntropiaLife, or had a big interest in it. Other than EL being a tool that was sold to the community as a free tool, but it's real intention was a business venture.....I don't really see any issues.

Let's face it monria or the "moon" was an old piece of junk MA sold off, if they believe they can make something of it then good luck to them. To me it just seems like a play ground for friends of the owners. I find it a bit depressing there, no oceans no trees...just some brown rock, it feels like being marooned on Mars alone.

Admittedly I've not been back there for a good year though. Maybe it's completely different now.

Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
That's a different star, Starfinder.

ohh... ok I take that back then...apologies.

Anyway..... whatever. I have no issues with someones rock in the middle of space. I'm just glad I didn't buy it.

Rick

That's a different star, Starfinder.
entropia times?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/w/images/8/8e/EntropiaTimes_June_2011.pdf
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/w/images/5/5c/EntropiaTimes_March_2011.pdf
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/w/images/6/63/EntropiaTimes_December_2010.pdf

Maybe the Moon will get a mag like it soon? Wasn't cult pulp fiction mags how cthulu mythos started in the first place anyways?

----------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Perhaps someone should tell DME that Facebook, much like Entropia Universe is supposed to be, only allows one account per person... (links to all 3 accounts deleted since it's likely mods here don't allow that even though it is 'official' Entropia related stuff, and very much on topic with what appears to be one of the issues being discussed in this thread)

Last edited:
Those are some well designed e-magazines there. All the good work deserves respect!
Knowing some insider infos because you are an employee is unavoidable. Can't see anything shady in that either.

I say more power to MS9, keep up the good work!

Entropia times, from the outset, was nothing more than a way to pander to planet partners for folks who were interested in changing their job title in real life.

I was a writer on staff there (I actually joined to bail them out as a last minute submitter after another feature piece writer failed to produce, and stayed on until our disagreements over ethics and the hackjob editorial process became enough for me to resign rather than be used by this group), and while there were others, I think history speaks for itself.

Entropia Times vanished as soon as both of the following things happened:

1) MS9 et al became employed by Cyrene

2) EP became the backbone of various Planet Partner groups.

But dont take my word for it. Look at the articles in each issue. Then think about the following: What actual news in EU was happening at that time that could have been covered? Alot. There were lots of real questions to be asked, too. Instead the magazine played it safe, put out fluff pieces and acted as an arm for marketing.

Why?

And why is the magazine not around? There were plenty of people capable of continuing it. Lots of good writers who loyally stayed with the project and have nothing to show for it.

I hope this person and her group never do another magazine again. Obviously they did a fantastic job over at Cyrene, and have simply moved on to bigger and better projects with Monria...:silly2:

Last edited:
All it makes me see is that no one can ever "quit" this game!!!
Stockholm Syndrome recruiting!!!

All it makes me see is that no one can ever "quit" this game!!!
Stockholm Syndrome recruiting!!!

Well it is a very addictive game and as others have said it has a lot potential. Even if MA screws everyone over sooner or later, people still love the game.

Ms9 was an active member posting here like 5 years ago , that would make you around 11 yrs old at the time DOA , I hardly think you would have been reading here then so maybe its best that you stop these shit stirring attention seeking threads and concentrate on stuff going foward not back,

Unless of course your not the age you say you are and are someone's alt.

I was kind of wondering about this, too. Physical age aside, how can a relatively new player even know who MS9 was? Of course it could just be someone with an axe to grind trying to rally people against DME due to some personal animosity, but without the understanding that, for the most part, the only people who had a problem with MS9 were the handful of people who have problems with all of the moderators?

About the only noteworthy thing in this thread seems to be that DoA may or may not be who he or she claims to be and we will probably be seeing more threads about some horrible scandalous thing that is going on with Monria in the future.

I was kind of wondering about this, too. Physical age aside, how can a relatively new player even know who MS9 was? Of course it could just be someone with an axe to grind trying to rally people against DME due to some personal animosity, but without the understanding that, for the most part, the only people who had a problem with MS9 were the handful of people who have problems with all of the moderators?

About the only noteworthy thing in this thread seems to be that DoA may or may not be who he or she claims to be and we will probably be seeing more threads about some horrible scandalous thing that is going on with Monria in the future.
Heeh, buddy, I can see u have no idea how things work on the Internets these days... :)
There's a whole new generation out there who have grown up with it and are really good at using it in ways u can't even imagine.

Now, all this wondering about why DoA decided to investigate the persons who treated her unfairly. Is it even a question?
Suppose you were flushed out of some stupid contest cuz someone decided to change the rules halfway through. Would you flush that person out if u knew how? Be honest, you would have, if u knew how to do it.

The next question, how. Internet has no time. What's out there is out there forever. All u need to do is find all the pieces and connect the dots. If u happen to have above average IQ it's a walk in the park. There's no such thing as "Your secret is safe with me!"
No it isn't. The only way to be 100% safe is to not have secrets in the 1st place.

Now lets look what really happened. MS9 could prolly have made different, better decisions. In a hindsight I'm sure she can see that herself. That doesn't mean she's a bad person. One circumstance leads to another, things happen, we're all just humans and humans can make honest mistakes. No biggie.

Can't see anything terribly evil in DoA's reaction either. She was treated unfairly, and she paid it back. Perfectly normal reaction. Next time ppl will think twice before selling her short. Afterall, what's the terrible thing she did there? Revealed someones true identity? So what? No biggie there, either.

In the grand scheme of things the eternal law of karma is restored. Time to put it behind us and move on.

Last edited:
These threads generate a lot of awarenes for moonria , its better to be the "infamous" talk in town than nobody talk about you at all. I never had much to do with ms9 but she made great posts on EF and together with a few other people who are long forgotten now she was an active game maker who was able to get things moved and not just all talk or whining. IF shes back thats awesome, EU need more people like her.

Apart good articles and few events there were few things I didn't like.
Like purple and pink text between wall of text pages and extremely long VU's because MA used to attack her pe/eu adds and marketing including links for her own web site in long pdf file with VU files at first latter in form of e-mail.
It was not her idea because we had this form of getting player guide with VU in few occasions before too but in relative slow internet at that time VU's were hard to download then and I never liked.
No big fuss here except that we cant call that someone got MS9'ed on forum any more as she is now DME.
So go get fun on monria forum, maybe you get DME'ed and you can easily call it doomed lol.

A few clarifications:

1. While, as I showed with the quoted PM, I knew since a while that DME=MS9, I haven't revealed her identity before she did it herself; all I did was to make everyone aware of her message (and I didn't even commented on it, but linked directly to her own post, which she worded as she wanted). And yes, I did PMed her at some point with "Hi, MS9! I know what you did last summer!", which I think was the "catalyst" that made her reveal herself earlier than she planned to (quoting her own words here), but that was all (she's ignored so I don't even have any idea if she replied or not).

2. MS9 was, without any doubt, a well-known person in EU community; I know people who loved or liked her, as well as I know people who hated or disliked her (some who even posted in this thread, but not admitted that), just like it happens with all of us. I never claimed that she had a (mostly) bad reputation or anything like that; it was a pure informational message so everyone can know that she's now working for Monria (which was already public information). I am convinced that everyone who knew her over years can make their own judgement - some will probably love to hear that she's back (and that counts as free advertising for Monria), while some might not be so excited about it.

3. If you ask me, I think that what she did was wrong. First of all I think is wrong to have alts as long as the game disallows it in the first place (and yeah, I had multiple avatars too, but never alts... my three avatars were all sequential, as in the old one was always abandoned/deleted before even creating the new one). Even more, presuming you still decide to go down that road, I think is only fair to not hide and deceive who you are (and, again, despite being a virtually "nobody", my three avatars were always connected - showing same RL name, birth date, location, description, signature, etc). It may be just me, but in my book is simply wrong to pretend you are a new player, just discovering the universe, acting silly, when in fact you're a seasoned veteran, with 10 years under your belt. Others are, of course, free to disagree.

4. Am I objective? I do try, but I probably fail on it, since for this reason I have a strong dislike (probably maybe even hate) towards DME, since I considered (and I still consider) that she practically stolen my well deserved prize (again, I clearly mention that this is just a subjective perception, so let's please not start a new argument on this subject - the moderator was clear enough that no new threads should be open on the subject). Did I hoped I would Monria with my post and make some of the people who were... err, how to phrase that... not so much of MS9's fans avoid the planet? Yeah, I admit it (not like it's even needed, I think is something obvious) - they hurt me and since I'm not a "forgive and forget" kind of person I wanted to hurt them back; but, honestly, how many of you wouldn't have done the same?

5) Anyway, it seems that everyone missed the main goal of this post (and since everyone missed it, is obvious that I failed big time in achieving it - hahaha)... for certain reasons I suspected since longtime ago (long before our conflict, when I was still calling Monria my home) that DME is actually not a new player, but someones alt... and I took it as an intellectual exercise to try to figure out who she might be... and, eventually, after some time I managed to connect various dots and came to the (obvious) answer... so yeah, the main goal of my post was to simply brag about "solving the puzzle", something which was kinda reflected both by the title and by the category where I chose to post the thread (off-topic).

I am fully aware that some people are convinced that I'm both a troll and a drama queen, and since when more people say the same thing is always wise to stop, take a step back and analyze what they're saying, I did just that and I also want to make two short final comments about that:

1. I never disrupted someone's else threads, but instead, when I had anything to say, I always made my own threads, starting from the very basis that everyone who is not interested in my ideas, could simply ignore said threads and move on without wasting any time of their life. So I think that the trolling assumption is completely ridiculous; a troll depends on other people's attention, so what troll would ever act in such a way to maximize the potential for others to ignore her posts?

2. The "drama queen" part is probably true though, since I do tend to make a big deal out of anything that affects me. I am the kind of person that if someone (metaphorically) steps on her lawn (and the law allows is) takes out the (metaphorical) shotgun and (metaphorically) shoots the offender in the head... twice. I try to be as fair as possible, but I'm the wrong girl to mess up with - sure, I may eventually lose, but it will guaranteed get messy first. The solution to get along fine with me is very simple though - don't step on my lawn, just as I don't step on yours (again, if I see someone's post that I dislike [and that happened a lot around here] I don't start arguing it there, but just move on).

Hope this clarifies everything, so please excuse me if you'll post anything else in this thread and I won't answer anymore - I just think that all I could and should have said was already said.

Last edited:
complete break lost us reading a post.

Alot of words to say the smallest of things.

3. If you ask me, I think that what she did was wrong. First of all I think is wrong to have alts as long as the game disallows it in the first place (and yeah, I had multiple avatars too, but never alts... my three avatars were all sequential, as in the old one was always abandoned/deleted before even creating the new one). Even more, presuming you still decide to go down that road, I think is only fair to not hide and deceive who you are (and, again, despite being a virtually "nobody", my three avatars were always connected - showing same RL name, birth date, location, description, signature, etc). It may be just me, but in my book is simply wrong to pretend you are a new player, just discovering the universe, acting silly, when in fact you're a seasoned veteran, with 10 years under your belt. Others are, of course, free to disagree.

I did ask you to leave it alone. You are way to new in game to be yelling drama every other week here. You simply do not KNOW all the facts to be crying wolf all the time. It is really starting to get old here. You really need to slow down and cut out all the drama.

So you think an alt avatar is bad do you? Do you understand how PP work? Did you know that if you work for MA or any PP you MUST HAVE YOUR MAIN AVATAR LOCKED? So yes if she is working for Monria she bloody CAN NOT USE HER OWN AVATAR!!!!!! So I will ask again, please just stop it here and have a little fun in game and not try and find any bit of drama that you can post about to then turn around and say 'I wasn't trying to make any drama'. Sorry you know that is just BS.

BTW, and yes, Neverdie has his own avatar. That there is another issue that has been fight over for years now.

moderator.jpg

Since not even the thread starter can manage to keep this thread on topic, and it now has become a weirdly confused discussion about why an official needs a separate avatar: :locked:

Status
Back