G7 logitech mouse Warning or help

Qualia

Provider
Society
Uber Noobs
Qualia Qualia Saintlike
Purchased the G7 logitech mouse some time ago.
Have found the the mouse wheel seems to not be linked to Eu.
Eg can not press down on mouse wheel to reverse view.
Mouse wheel can not be sped up to roll to long birds eye view quickly.
I have played around with settings and have found no joy.

Has anyone got a tip for me on this?

also warrning on buying this bad boy as you will need 2 mice anyway it would seems if you want to have the option of looking back in birds eye view.
Unless someone has a fix for this.

Cheers

Qualia said:
Unless someone has a fix for this.

Have you tried just using the MS drivers built into WinXP ?
That should work. Logitech drivers has always been annoying.

Have tried that. uninstalling Logitec drivers
Is a wirless and sometimes seems to fail without driver provided. Goes dead interminetintly.
Settings of scroll speed and windows settings of per page scroll and lines per scroll. are all set to maximum.
This works outside pe just fine and scroll is per page and per line is fast.
In Eu it's same old scroll speed
Thanks for the tip to try Mindbuster

I doubt there is anything i can do,but cheers anyway

If there is a fix though it is an ultimate mouse. so worth asking

I have done som test with som mouse , it looks like what ever the setting you do , PE dont care , it take "directly" data from the mouse and dont use driver setting.
Something can help is increasing the frequence of the ps2 port if you use ps2.

Thanks for taking some time out and doing some reaserch on this Etopia :)

"
whatevr setting you do Eu dont care"
Is what i have found also in may ways :laugh:
Not familiar with the"frequence of the ps2 port if you use ps2"
No idea what it is. But i have a programer within stone throw of my house so i shall ask him to explain and try this.
Many thanks
Q

From informattion recived the frequency setting ect are not valid due to it being a USB.
but cheers for that path to try

Odd. I have the G5 and it works great for me. I was under the impression that the G7 was the same as a G5 but wireless(I couldn't stand wireless anymore). Have you tried using the Logitech Setpoint software that comes with the mouse? I have had to use it for a few games to set the mouse up right.

Tiber said:
Odd. I have the G5 and it works great for me. I was under the impression that the G7 was the same as a G5 but wireless(I couldn't stand wireless anymore). Have you tried using the Logitech Setpoint software that comes with the mouse? I have had to use it for a few games to set the mouse up right.

G7 mouse is great.Dont get me wrong .The G7 is the only wirless mouse ive had that works like it has a cord in lag time. just no difference.double battery is good light and im very happy with it.
It is just 2 things that wont work in pe that are usefull under certain circumstances.
Mouse wheel click(pushing wheel down) to reverse view
Also setting it up so when you scroll mouse wheel you dont need to roll it several times to get maximum birds eye view quickly.

Indeed i am under the same impression g5 same as g7 but wireless.
Yes the set point software has a way of incresing mouse wheel speed.
It does not work inside of EU.

Id guess it doesnt for you either but would be interesting if it does.
thanks for your help :)

Qualia said:
Id guess it doesnt for you either but would be interesting if it does.thanks for your help :)

The mouse wheel click works for me, I haven't changed anything for Entropia yet either.....guess that's why I didn't know that Setpoint doesn't work with EU.

i got the MX1000 and love it. never have had any problems with it in any programs.

i use the setpoint software if thats helps at all. also the third button is set to "middle button" might mean something.

G5

I have the Logitech G5 mouse and it works just fine in PE.

As implied in a previous post, have you tried checking the configuration of your mouse buttons?

Although I am using a Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse, I am certain your Logictech will have a similar interface.

Visit Control Panel and click on 'Mouse' and see if you have a similar set up options as below:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Try a few of the options with the 'Wheel Button' setting and see how you get on.

Hope this helps and that I'm not patronising you with something you may have already tried :)

I had a weird prob when I first started PE. I had a cordless mouse and keyboard. both Microsoft. And I could not get any short cut keys to work with the cordless keyboard so I had to switch back to corded. Never figured out why.

I have a Log cordless also, scrollwheel wouldnt work for anything ingame, even scopes....had to uninstall the Log drivers, now it works fine.... :D

I had the same problem with the wheel, and finally I found that in the SetPoint software, I set the function of the middle button (wheel) to 'Middle click' instead of 'Universal scroll' or whatever it is set to by before - then it worked fine!

/Waperboy

I have G7 also and I couldnt get the mid mouse button to work using the setpoint software so I just uninstalled it. Works fine now but you just cant fine tune the sensitivity as much only have 3 setting slow medium and fast.

Back