Game keeps crashing

tobeyrowe

Old
Hello i keep getting the Entropia Universe did not shut down normally error message every time i try to play. It happens when I click on launch and it pulls up a black screen and then crashes and gives the error. I have listed the information the error gives below. I have tried taking the entropia universe folder out of the c:\programdata and then uninstall and reinstall the game and then put the entropia universe folder back into the c"\programdata so that way I dont have to re download all of the planet data but I still keep getting the error even after doing all of that. If anyone can help please do so. Thank you.

OS= Windows 10 64-bit
memory= 4000
graphics adapter= intel(R) HD graphics
graphics adapter driver version= 10.18.10.4358
exception address= 1986181234
version= 15.15.4.149535

OS= Windows 10 64-bit
memory= 4000
graphics adapter= intel(R) HD graphics
graphics adapter driver version= 10.18.10.4358
exception address= 1986181234
version= 15.15.4.149535

Are you running EU in 64bit mode?
As it seems you are running Win10 64bit (Good choice ofc)
When you run EU in 64bit mode it will try to utilize more then the 4GB RAM you are having, and could cause problems. (yes win has a swapfile, but we don't want to use it more then we need ofc)
So try to run 32bits version of EU (As it makes no sense to run 64bits programs on just 4GB RAM, when you upgrade to 8GB ram then switch to using programs in 64bit mode)
And for the GPU driver i'm running Version 23.20.16.4901 (Latest ofc)
(I don't use the intel for gaming, only encoding and hooked to second monitor)
Go check for newer one
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
You wll have to download that silly program that they want you to install, just do it, but after that just don't keep it running in background as it eats resources ofc, all small bits help :cool:
After you have installed the program, you only need to check on the LINK and it will scan automaticly for version.
I check maybe once in 2 weeks for update.

I have tried taking the entropia universe folder out of the c:\programdata and then uninstall and reinstall the game and then put the entropia universe folder back into the c"\programdata so that way I dont have to re download all of the planet data but I still keep getting the error even after doing all of that.

And for this part, in case the files were corrupt, you would transfer the same corrupt files again.
As you are not physical moving them to another area on the drive
(in case of bad sectors on drive, you would not read them correct anyway, so transfering them would be bad idea)
Or indeed transfer them to another drive (External drive, or second drive in system, USB stick, whatever)
So even transferring them around would still maybe not solve the problem.
(Scan your disk for errors)
No idea if they still have the repair function in the loader but I think they took it out.

If this is still not helping, then it's beyond me, because I can't dig deeper into your system :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Win 10 started crashing, MS had ran an update and the GPU driver needed updating.

My problem was getting the PC to boot stable to run the new driver.

Hello,

This isnt far from beeing an easy solution since there are many possibilities that arent wokring well...

You get the starting error and this message because ..it SHUT down/disconnected not on the normal way..

--> there is the error you have to analyze...since eu istn very good with displaying the different errors it could be all..

graphic driver with physics library ( i had to go with an very old driver to work good,my new drivers tended to shut down the game within minutes)

Memory problem, Internet problem (settings in loader,port routing to pac not working good,router reset etc..)

WHEN you can log in..do you often play only for minutes ? or hours?

WHEN you find the issue regarding to those unnormal disconnects you wont get the message again when you start the client..

Good luck,
Eddie

p.s.: relating to your win-install directory...i had writing/accessing user rights problems in the standard directories..

-->i made a complete new order (e.g. C:\entropia) and did the install there...

Back