Question: Game need to be started 2-3 times to work properly

Hego Damask

Stalker
Society
Victory
Hego Damask II
Hello there,

Past weeks, maybe month, i have an issue with starting the game, is anybody else noticed it, is it MA / game side issue, or its from my side?

Launching the game, most often need to restart 1 or 2 times to finally get everything working properly.

Issue can be noticed immediately, because when you load in, there is no chat, later it appears or not and comes the initial error pop up.

Sometimes the chat appears, but still the games have issue, like HOF board when you open loads in very slowly, auctioneer not loads in or needs minute of searching for every page you move or every different tab you click on, game also freezes for few sec every time you open for example the skills window.

Nothing you can do, if you play 3 hours, it will be the same after 3 hours.
Only thing i can do is quit and restart and hope for a proper launch, today it was the 3rd, usually it is the 2nd time.

Anybody else notice this issue?

what graphic card/cpu u got btw ?

Hello there,

Past weeks, maybe month, i have an issue with starting the game, is anybody else noticed it, is it MA / game side issue, or its from my side?

Launching the game, most often need to restart 1 or 2 times to finally get everything working properly.

Issue can be noticed immediately, because when you load in, there is no chat, later it appears or not and comes the initial error pop up.

Sometimes the chat appears, but still the games have issue, like HOF board when you open loads in very slowly, auctioneer not loads in or needs minute of searching for every page you move or every different tab you click on, game also freezes for few sec every time you open for example the skills window.

Nothing you can do, if you play 3 hours, it will be the same after 3 hours.
Only thing i can do is quit and restart and hope for a proper launch, today it was the 3rd, usually it is the 2nd time.

Anybody else notice this issue?

Sounds more like an issue with your Hard Drive/SSD speeds.

Sounds more like a RAM-thing. I mean the more often you load the game the more "it knows the code of EU" so it doesn't have to load it again.

I don't know what you do before you launch EU, but it could as well mean that your system needs to free resources or write your RAM to disk or load from your disk into RAM (here the performance of your HDD/SSD comes into play). Once that swapping calms down your PC can happily handle EU.

Note that isn't necessarily a problem of EU as your operating system may have a received an update, too, and now does things (slightly) differently. Kind of hard to tell really.

Does EU run nicely right away after you rebooted your PC?

what graphic card/cpu u got btw ?

AMD R9 290X 4GB and Intel I7-4770K 3.5 GHz 1150
The PC itself is around 7 years old, but i do not have issue with it in other games, well, not really played other games in past 1 month, so maybe i would have now in other games as well.
But i do not experienced any other issue with the PC.

Sounds more like an issue with your Hard Drive/SSD speeds.

Game is installed on 250 GB SSD. Yesterday i have made some more space on it after the answer's.
My friend who made this PC installed a program for SSD, that program says the SSD works fine.
Unfortunately that friend is out of reach now to ask him.

Last edited:
Sounds more like a RAM-thing. I mean the more often you load the game the more "it knows the code of EU" so it doesn't have to load it again.

I don't know what you do before you launch EU, but it could as well mean that your system needs to free resources or write your RAM to disk or load from your disk into RAM (here the performance of your HDD/SSD comes into play). Once that swapping calms down your PC can happily handle EU.

Note that isn't necessarily a problem of EU as your operating system may have a received an update, too, and now does things (slightly) differently. Kind of hard to tell really.

Does EU run nicely right away after you rebooted your PC?

I have 16 GB RAM, hyperX black DDR3 1600MHz

Issue is goes for like a month now, sometimes need 2-3 start to run ok, sometimes ok for 1st time.

It doesnt matter what i did, it can happen after playing 5 hours and i just got a DC - Crash - Cyclopsh depth instance close, i log back after 6 hour of EU gameplay, and same can happen, have to restart 1 or 2 more times.

It also happens often right after i get home and turn on the PC, nothing else i do, discord starts automatically but nothing else, i log in, wrong, 1-2 restart to get it run correctly.
I mean restart the game only, not the PC, i just quit, log in again, 2nd or 3rd time always ok, half of the times maybe its ok for the 1st time too.

Once i'm in and runs ok, it runs ok doesnt matter how long im playing, but if its not ok at login, it never gets ok, also doesnt matter how long i play.
So it can happen like: start the pc at morning, log in EU and nothing else, first time runs ok, plays 5 hours, got a DC or crash, have to re-log and runs bad, have to re-log again.

Based on answers here, i made some more space on SSD where the game installed, also veryfied the game, after that the first login was good immediately, will see today if it solved or was just luck, if same issue happens, guess i will take the PC to a service for check.

Thanks for the answers to everybody.

Last edited:
curious question....your latency ingame (shown in right bottom of radar)....is it somwhere 30-50 or such?...other ppl with dc problems changed the internet connection in client loader also to 56 bk (sounds strange..but it helps in some cases)..

gl,
Eddie

Last edited:
I get this from time to time. It's nothing new. It's one of those things I just sort of tolerate.

I get this from time to time. It's nothing new. It's one of those things I just sort of tolerate.
i get a similar problem with my keyboard sometimes. no idea how to replicate it, but the wasd keys don't register - at the same time i can type in chat. requires restart sometimes a third time to get it to act normal. amazing POS game, MA is like problems?...what problems?

i get a similar problem with my keyboard sometimes. no idea how to replicate it, but the wasd keys don't register - at the same time i can type in chat.

It happens with me when i click on the bottom part of the chat, can type WASD there, but my character not moves ;)
Other than that, never happend with me.

Today launch was again good at first time, 2/2 since verify.

Never had this issue.

Issue might be on your end?

No one in soc or none of my friends have experienced it either.

If it was the game causing this, maybe more people would be affected by it.

Check your settings and your installation =)

curious question....your latency ingame (shown in right bottom of radar)....is it somwhere 30-50 or such?...other ppl with dc problems changed the internet connection in client loader also to 56 bk (sounds strange..but it helps in some cases)..

gl,
Eddie

Currently 33msec, but currently works, if i get the wrong start again i will check that too.

haha ya not a focus issue. the only thing in common is the 2 sometimes three reboots to get the game working. which is so odd

did you installed software named - "earn money sharing wifi"?

your router has virus

Issue is happening since 3 years now but can be tolerated, unfortunately got much worse since the yesterday database maintenance, since that i cant get the game to give me a working UI no matter how many times i re-log.

During that 3 years period my router was changed once and also the provider changed router once too, non of them made the issue go away.
Also i have a paid subscription to a good anti virus system.
Also i have played the game with PC and with laptop too, and those 2 uses two different internet provider and router and the issue still happening on both the days its here, and not happening on both on the days its not here.

As in other thread somebody else pointed out, its account related issue.
The guy said if he logs in to his own account, the issue is there, if he logs in to friend/family account there is no issue, log back to own again and the issue is there again.

try set your connection speed in the launcher to 56K, this does not limit the actual speed but changes MTU Size, which helps with some issues

They used to have an option for shader cache clearing. Dunno if that's still a thing though. It's common to have stuff go on like lights not render properly at first, dark rooms when you enter for a few seconds solid colours on NPCs for a moment so on and so forth. And of course the inventory is always slow to load the first time.

Not heard of stuff never working even after some time though... except maybe if you go to a new area/place where something new has to load in.

Back