Gaming Addiction - BBC Article

What's your longest EU gaming session (incl. AFK if applicable)

• Up to 2 hours. I'm a moderate player

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 2 - 6 hours. Kills time on winter evenings, I guess.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Over 6, up to 12 hours.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Over 12, up to 24 hours. Yeah, hardcore.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Beyond a day, up to 48 hours.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Beyond two days, up to 72 hours.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Beyond three days, up to 96 hours. I'm pathological, me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over four days! Are you sh*tting me?

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well not 90 hours sessions here, I have a job and kids but i spend about 35 hours a week logged into EU. To be fair I am not always interacting, I maybe cooking, cleaning of doing other things at the same time. I think the longest I played was last Christmas, no kids for 3 days and I played for about 16 hours each day with 8 hours to sleep and eat.

TBH if you are staying up beyond a normal sleep pattern then I would call it pathological

Last edited:
I think my longest sessions have been 7-8 hours or so... I rarely go over 3-4 hours per session though, as I also have other things to do (and I try to get out if the weather is good and its not too cold/hot) :)

yes, I am addicted to gambling

My name is James...

u forgot: up to 16 hours daily, 24/7 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

interesting that the nuts n bolts of the article is that devs need to do more to stop addiction, but without gaming addiction those devs would be out of work

kinda a paradox

interesting that the nuts n bolts of the article is that devs need to do more to stop addiction, but without gaming addiction those devs would be out of work

kinda a paradox

There is addiction and extreme addiction. Extreme addiction being when the health of an individual becomes seriously at risk.

A desire to play the game any dev would welcome but I doubt any dev would be keen to advocate extreme addiction. When someones health is at stake it's a completely different matter.

12h sessions are pretty common and think there were a couple of close to 24.
I'm not suffering from any pathology though, I'm enjoying every second of it :ahh:

Are you developing a pathological addiction to EU?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-23576035

Ninety hour gaming sessions? I didn't think that was possible.

So own up people, who of you are pathological players?

There have been gamers that have literally dropped dead at the kb after playing for days...

After a few hours, I will take a break. I might put in a lot of hours overall, but not all at once.

over 12hrs easy, but I don't think ever 24hrs.

That includes afk crafting and flying.

I can't sit still for more than 60-90ish minutes without moving around, so I am not to concerned with my health :D

Back