Gas Prices?

MonkeyCreamy

Alpha
Society
EntropiaXtreme
Monkey
People who play entropia are from all around the world and im just curious how the gas price changes from place to place. Currently were i am gasoline is hovering around

$1.20/Litre.

How about you guys, right now its usually cheaper to drive into the US and get gas every now and then, btw im in Canada.

Europe, Latvia

Average coud be about 1.7 dollars/litre if i did the math correctly.

LOL here we go...

ENGLAND: Average pump price £1:03... or about $2 a litre.

This may suggest we all drive tiny cars to cope with the stupid prices... I say F@ck em, and drive an 18mpg Jag.... Worth every penny:)

Hurrikane

2$ litre here as well, Sweden. Time to invent something

I'm paying €1.50 a liter, which comes down to $2.30 a liter or roughly $9.00 a gallon. Americans have no right to complain about fuel prices! ;)

In Norway the price is 2.35 US dollars today. Bloody awful.

£1.20 so about $2.38 sux living in the middle of a valley lol hungry bastids at the garage :p

Last time I was out and about to look the price was about $3.30 or $3.40 per gallon.

My car is dead, so if I were to shift into neutral and push it a bit I'd be getting infinite mileage.

1 euro per liter or about 1.54 us dollar in Greece so come here and eat distance :p

around 1.8-1.9 $ per liter in Poland (depends on $ rate and place)

The cheapest I can find is abour $1.05/Litre in Alberta, Canada.

Europe, Finland

~1,50€ per litre, around ~2,2$ per litre.

100% electric powered cars would be welcome. I would buy one for city driving needs immediately. Doesn't matter if it goes 50 or 100km per full charge, it will be cheaper than gasoline-one anyway.

$3.29/gallon here...i won't pretend it's expensive if it's equivilant to $9.00/gal in other countries...you get used to what your paying.

I use E85 and 2 years ago it was $1.79/gallon, now $2.89/gallon. They push for alternate fuels but everytime gas increases, so does alternate fuel prices. If they want us to become less dependant on foreign fuel, why jack up the price of home grown alternates? (BTW, corn fuel is made 100 miles from my house as i'm in the midwest corn belt, which supplys 90% of the midwest)

This rant could go on forever so i'll stop...but i turely feel for those who pay $9.00/gal in other countries!!

for those paying $9 USD / gal, let's keep in mind that the majority of this price is taxes levied by various levels of government ;)

looks like around my parts, it's about $2.97 / gal - far cry from the $.75 / gal that it was when i started driving :|

for those paying $9 USD / gal, let's keep in mind that the majority of this price is taxes levied by various levels of government ;)

:|

Well, 9$ is 9$ even if 8$ of them are taxes.

very true, but that doesn't mean that a group that isn't subject to those taxes should be quiet about their prices, which are extremely expensive, relatively

You are right, of course. I live in one of the worlds biggest oil-producing nations. 80% of what I pay for fuel is taxes. That does not mean that everyone else should have as high taxes as we do. Relative to our income, fuel is still "cheap" compared to many other countries.

There is no point in whining. Move to a different country if you are unhappy where you are. :p

Or perhaps selling you car would be easier?

3.15 dollars for a gallon

1gal=3.78lt

price per lt ~= .82usd

There is no point in whining. Move to a different country if you are unhappy where you are. :p

Or perhaps selling you car would be easier?

i don't know wtf you're talking about, tbh ... i simply stated what gas costs here, and furthermore stated that those who say we have it "cheap" are not taking the proper relative view of the situation ... where is the whine? :rolleyes:

i don't know wtf you're talking about, tbh ... i simply stated what gas costs here, and furthermore stated that those who say we have it "cheap" are not taking the proper relative view of the situation ... where is the whine? :rolleyes:

oZ, this is a case of me not being able to express myself clearly in english. I wasn't aiming at you. You were not whining. But like you, I was expressing my general opinion. I stand corrected and apologize for not being more accurate before.

oZ, this is a case of me not being able to express myself clearly in english. I wasn't aiming at you. You were not whining. But like you, I was expressing my general opinion. I stand corrected and apologize for not being more accurate before.

:) well don't i feel sheepish :grouphug:

I look forward to the day that petrol (what we English quaintly call Gas) costs $20 a gallon. Or even more.
Then the only people on the road will be those who HAVE to be, and those who REALLY WANT to be.... should free up a few lanes anyhow:) I love driving, but our roads are too crowded.

Hurrikane

2,25$/litre approx

*removes quickly typed political comment*

While I understand the european annoyance with the americans bitching about the cost of fuel, lets take a few things into consideration:

1. Majority of the fuel price in europe is due to taxes for public transporatation

2. Europe is tiny

3. US Public transport sucks serious ass

4. If you have any desire to be reasonably free to move about in this country, you must own a car

5. In the end, we both end up paying the same for our transport

Lastly, not all Americans are retards with massive SUVs, I have been driving cars with 30+ mpg city since I started driving 18 years ago. There is a growing trend in this country that I am overjoyed to see, soon the SUVs and Trucks will be unable to be sold for 1/4 of their price, I applaud this.

Last edited:
What irritates me even more is the politically charged push for biofuels, which is already impacting our agricultural production negatively. Sweet gas is 50 cents cheaper and now my food costs 23452345 times as much. Brilliant trade-off.

What irritates me even more is the politically charged push for biofuels, which is already impacting our agricultural production negatively. Sweet gas is 50 cents cheaper and now my food costs 23452345 times as much. Brilliant trade-off.

Ethanol made from corn is stupid...take a look at what is going on in the algae realm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ToojK_MJd0

Ethanol made from corn is stupid...take a look at what is going on in the algae realm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ToojK_MJd0

Agreed, that has a much greater potential. Somewhat delicate process though. I am interested in seeing how well it would do in a mass production environment. Point is there are many interesting alternatives that really aren't seeing the same level of exposure because of political reasons.... as usual. Thanks for the link Slick and for clarifying what biofuel is a waste of time.

Back