FYI: Gateway if unchanged presents possible problem with Gold Farmers!

Talania

Stalker
Society
Mediaeval Wicca
Talania Tal Indigo
I submitted this support case to MA and I suggest that anyone not wanting this possibility to happen should submit one too. You can copy mine if you want.

Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Suggestion
Summary: Don't let ammo from Gateway leave the Island to Calypso.
Details: Don't let ammo from Gateway leave the Island to Calypso. I am seriously concerned for the welfare of Entropia and it's economy if this is not changed.

Research "Gold Farmers" to better understand what I am talking about.

They will make 200+ avatars an hour each Gold Farmer to simply pick up ammo from the Gateway Bar NPC and teleport to Calypso and give to a main account that will then sell to Trade Terminal and be able to get enough peds in less then a day to withdraw easily.

That is just one Gold Farmer. Once the word spreads Entropia will be filled with them to the brink of servers crashing.

There is only one flaw in your theory. The ammo is not standard medium cell ammo. It only works with the beginner (L) guns, so the ammo will have an incredibly limited market.
I do not forsee too many trying to perform those actions outside of initial goold seekers, and the guns will never fetch a good price, so neither will the ammo.

There is only one flaw in your theory. The ammo is not standard medium cell ammo. It only works with the beginner (L) guns, so the ammo will have an incredibly limited market.
I do not forsee too many trying to perform those actions outside of initial goold seekers, and the guns will never fetch a good price, so neither will the ammo.

can sell to the Trade Terminal tho ;)

there is a part of me that agrees but on the flip side its all of what... less then 10 ped TT. I do not see it being a huge "farm"

there is a part of me that agrees but on the flip side its all of what... less then 10 ped TT. I do not see it being a huge "farm"

You don't know what "Gold Farmers" are like then. I have seen how far they will go for much less.

Read what I posted and try to understand.

Someone with 20 computers that can have different IP address for when they are banned by it, makes 200 avatars an hour to just click the NPC in the bar at Gateway, then takes the ammo to Calypso and trades or drops the ammo to a main account that can then sell to Trade Terminal.

Now you may think....welll they can't do it for that long. These farmers usually hand over the "work", and I do mean it that way, to someone else for the next shift. That means 24 hours a day, 200 plus avatars an hour times the amount in tt value of that one ammo drop from that NPC in the bar.

I think the ammo was about 3 peds, unsure so I will just say 1 ped tt.

200 ped an hour. 5 hours they have enough to withdraw.

Then multiply this times the other 300 plus farmers that start doing it too.....:(

Trust me I have seen similar activities in other MMO for a lot less income.

The servers would be filled with avatars that would never do anythign but leech peds from MA and that will in turn affect the loot pool and other ways MA will make up the withdrawn peds.

The really nasty Gold Farmers will sell the peds on a website then steal your Credit Card info to use later.:mad:

like i told Pioneer and pioneer agreed. 200 avatars created on one ip does trigger a security system ... But i do agree that the ammo should be taken away and only the loot remains

At most, the NPC gives you 3000 ammo, so 30 PEC.

Not only that, but I would really like to see somebody that is capable of creating 200 avatars in one hour AND getting them all through login and all those dialogue boxes with that NPC. Especially since you have to consider that every account has to have a new e-mail address and even if you ask MA to delete your avatar, you can't make a new account with the address you once used. Every account would need to have a new e-mail sign up as well, plus the wait for the confirmation e-mail...

I think you are vastly overestimating the possible income. Truthfully, it would be more profitable for them to bot sweater accounts.

Finally, we will see millions of avatars in this game :yay: (cruel joke)

Back to the topic, I (hopefully) did all the missions and I brought back 1.06 ped tt of bullets and about 20 pecs of tools and weapons, so it's 1.26 ped for one avatar plus loot (I was lucky to loot 5ped mu blueprint)

So the idea of possible farmer invasion crossed my mind too

It is too time consuming to be worth any gold farmers effort tbh.
I do not think there is anything to worry about in this case.

even if it proves to be unfounded, I'm glad the question has been raised so +rep to OP.

I'm sure that MA will at least take notice, see the responses people have given and add them to research and study they have already done in order to stop the potential from happening.

It never hurts to have the participants do all your lateral thinking for you...something MA have become very good at in the past years.

The really nasty Gold Farmers will sell the peds on a website then steal your Credit Card info to use later.:mad:

You sound so hysteric, it's so ridiculous.
First and foremost, YOU CAN'T MAKE 200 ACCOUNTS AN HOUR. In-fact, the approval of a single account usually takes no less than aprox 20 hours.
Second of all, once these 200 are done, THEY NEED 200 MORE.

All of those accounts, with fake addresses and possibly same IPs created so fast, add this to the fact the IPs would suggest they originate from a very specific part of this world, would trigger a security counter-measure.

And fuck, it's as easy as setting the Newbie weapons to accept X amount of ammunition, whilst the TT value of X Ammunition equals ZERO.

i dont think it will be a problem since the income is so small...

they would make more from sweating and have a income for a longer time

I've told them about this a few days ago, and a load of other scams I was able to think of in just a few minutes already. They assure me that they will keep an eye on things.

Maybe its possible doing this with using a bot.

Even if it works its 30 pec of ammo and you have to go through the full conversation with the veteran.

Lets say the bot runs 30 minutes (creating ava, body design, move to the NPC, go through the conversation, travel down, sell to TT, Trade to real account).
You earn 0.03 $ in this 30 min. The electricity bill for running the PC that time may be more than you earn :D

Don´t think its worth to create such a complex bot to exploit that option.

You can get the same reward using a sweat bot, what is much easyer to handle.

Its not WoW or EVE where farming and selling ingame currency via Ebay is a real option.

the total tt amount for all the gear left once completeing, and not using any (i had used a claw for the hunting) is less than 3 ped. to get all the ammo, second gun and amp, a real new avatar needs to use ammo. i suspect the amount you need to use is most of it so you go through to PA with nothing (the ore extractor died very quickly). $0.1 - $0.2 for half hours effort.

so while it may be a concern that people would spend try, i think MA/FPC have already considered the possibility in the way the tutorials are worked.

At most, the NPC gives you 3000 ammo, so 30 PEC.

Not only that, but I would really like to see somebody that is capable of creating 200 avatars in one hour AND getting them all through login and all those dialogue boxes with that NPC. Especially since you have to consider that every account has to have a new e-mail address and even if you ask MA to delete your avatar, you can't make a new account with the address you once used. Every account would need to have a new e-mail sign up as well, plus the wait for the confirmation e-mail...

I think you are vastly overestimating the possible income. Truthfully, it would be more profitable for them to bot sweater accounts.

Clearly you have never owned a domain name.

I can have 2 million separate email adresses if i want, 20 million, 200 million, on ONE domain.

As for ip adresses, the goldfarmers just renew their IP, rinse and repeat.

that is a very usual scenario in other games, such as d2, to avoid temporary bans.

I can have 2 million separate email adresses if i want, 20 million, 200 million, on ONE domain.

that is a very usual scenario in other games, such as d2, to avoid temporary bans.

tho MindArk did banned complete countries (complete ip ranges thus) because of fraud. It wont stop them for doing it again.Only after sending IDś you could get back in the game

Does anyone remember the tt value of the rookie bombs?

and clearly you have never been an network admin, they can configure servers/firewalls/routers to recognise and immediatly ban email or IPs that fit spam patterns. :D

Does anyone remember the tt value of the rookie bombs?

0.1ped. i hid mine for some plucky explorer to find when i left.

I think 1 Rookie Bomb = 0.50 PED

tho MindArk did banned complete countries (complete ip ranges thus) because of fraud. It wont stop them for doing it again.Only after sending IDś you could get back in the game

Well, im sorry to say, for the crafty fraudsman that wont help either.

Ever heard of proxies?

and clearly you have never been an network admin, they can configure servers/firewalls/routers to recognise and immediatly ban email or IPs that fit spam patterns. :D

Actually yes, ive been a network admin for the swedish healthcare videoconference network, so i know a fair bit more than you would guess ;)

If they did it by hand
They would get about 1,5 PED for 15 minutes
Account creation + game loading + geting the free cash + go to calypso for trade.

MA countermeasures:
IP check
can be faked
solution account creation on that ISP is subject to special measures

Client unique ID
doesn't exist as far as I know but should exist
Hard to go arround if they don't know what to look for (even if they did it would be too much trouble

because it would come up to this:

Suspect behavior
You really think that MA can't track dozens of trades of avatars from the gateway which sell for nothing or drop things to the ground
It would trigger a warning and an avatar lucky enough to find those PED on the ground would probably be locked for investigation
(or at least I hope)

The chances of withdraw would be minimal

Well, im sorry to say, for the crafty fraudsman that wont help either.

Ever heard of proxies?

Easy to block those , and proably are already blocked. Btw .. did you see any field where to enter a proxy for entropia anyway> Sure you could do a ssh tunnel. But point is that it takes time, effort and the profit is nothing because you need atleast 1000 ped to cash out.

Sure it can be done. But MA aint idiots. They ban complete ip ranges, block accounts for no reason and ask ID.

I think 1 Rookie Bomb = 0.50 PED

One Rookie Seismic Bomb has a TT of 0.10 PED. You get two batches of 5, i.e. 2 × 0.50 PED. You need to use at least 5 Rookie Bombs to complete the mining mission (if you care to do so). I like to have the left-overs for keepers as a nice souvenir. :)

Sure it can be done. But MA aint idiots. They ban complete ip ranges, block accounts for no reason and ask ID.

I seriously doubt that they block accounts for NO reason...

The only solution they need to implement is once the Open House event is over, and the TP becomes one-way, TP the avatar only and all guns, ammo, amps, etc, etc, procured during the Gateway experience remain behind. The avatar arrives on Calypso the same way we all did, but better prepared to overcome the challenges we had when we first set foot on planet.

AG

The only solution they need to implement is once the Open House event is over, and the TP becomes one-way, TP the avatar only and all guns, ammo, amps, etc, etc, procured during the Gateway experience remain behind. The avatar arrives on Calypso the same way we all did, but better prepared to overcome the challenges we had when we first set foot on planet.

AG

this was my first impression also. And also the cheapest and most effective way to counter the second ava (on this case ofc)

Back