FYI: Gateway if unchanged presents possible problem with Gold Farmers!

Question: are new player registrations faster nowdays? It took me and my friends on average 5 days to get approved.

And it would also require some form filling to get the accounts (with unique name/addresses/emails), etc...

I suppose one option would be for MA to lock any other mission, if you have not completed one of the missions. So you can't start the crafting or mining mission, if you haven't completed a previous mission. This would lower the tt of the freebies and add time, with little negative effects on new players.

No matter what ppl say about this particular topic, its guaranteed to happen :(

I have already personally found evidence of this. I was in a car with socmate around PA and we ended up at the back of the PA bank. There was a bunch of stuff from gateway (ammo, tools etc) stashed in a corner. We left it alone and my first guess was a gold farmer. I returned about 2-3 mins later and all the stuff was gone.

Although i have no 100% proof, anyones educated guess would say somebody dropped it there (with 2nd, 3rd etc. avatar) , then logged in with their first account and picked it up.

This has gotta stop, too much money is pumped into EU economy by players for others to take advantage of these things

With my previous statements I mainly wanted to point out how even a small amount of money coming out from MAs pockets could possibly result in huge damage moneywise.

MA and FPC do read here in the forum and should by now be aware of the potential problem.
So to monitor it and how to solve it if it happens is now up to them :)

No matter what ppl say about this particular topic, its guaranteed to happen :(

I have already personally found evidence of this. I was in a car with socmate around PA and we ended up at the back of the PA bank. There was a bunch of stuff from gateway (ammo, tools etc) stashed in a corner. We left it alone and my first guess was a gold farmer. I returned about 2-3 mins later and all the stuff was gone.

Although i have no 100% proof, anyones educated guess would say somebody dropped it there (with 2nd, 3rd etc. avatar) , then logged in with their first account and picked it up.

This has gotta stop, too much money is pumped into EU economy by players for others to take advantage of these things
I think they can track in-world items changing hands.

Yes, MA can track and find out and ban accounts....after they have already started.

If the simple change was made that I suggested it wouldn't start.

As for the type of damage that they can do.....it isn't just economy they hurt.

If they get to the point they have peds to sell for credit card payments outside of EU they will start spamming sales with accounts that are not connected to the farmers.

They will also figure out that there are many scams in EU that can make them much more then the farming can. We don't need more scammers. My concern may seem like a chicken running around crying that the sky is falling but they are genuine concerns. Once farmers start they are hard to stop.:(

Yes, MA can track and find out and ban accounts....after they have already started.

If the simple change was made that I suggested it wouldn't start.

As for the type of damage that they can do.....it isn't just economy they hurt.

If they get to the point they have peds to sell for credit card payments outside of EU they will start spamming sales with accounts that are not connected to the farmers.

They will also figure out that there are many scams in EU that can make them much more then the farming can. We don't need more scammers. My concern may seem like a chicken running around crying that the sky is falling but they are genuine concerns. Once farmers start they are hard to stop.:(

You are missing my point.

The EU economy isn't like those other "gold games". We get more ped by depositing to MA directly. Going to shady sites isn't a real option.

Also for the very, very small "buy discounted peds" market, trust me when I say that Gateway has exactly zero effect on it. Again, for the "direct deposit" reason stated above.

What minor stolen CC/ped scamming is going on has been here for years, and MA has been dealing with it the entire time.

Gateway is NOT the problem you think it is.

You should make up your mind what it is that you're worried about :)

The bad farmers that farm game credits don't just farm credits, they do that and steal credit card info. They would need a regular flow of new credit card info and selling game credits on websites is one of the ways they do it.

So they need to keep farming to get the credit card info.

Game credits = new stolen credit card info

Stolen credit card gets them things they need but need to be replaced since they get canceled since they are stolen.

So more game credits are sold so they can get more new stolen credit cards.

The farming doesn't have to be profitable.....just has to work to lure credit buyers at their websites so they can steal the credit card infos.:(

LoL. How many accounts do you seen banned for having multiple avatars these days?... That's something they should be banning for, but it's not been happening too fast at all - I think some who claim to have multple avatars have been around for years... and even if they no longer play the multiples, the society terminal's founders list, the estate terminals, and a number of other places in game still show those multiples as having a presense in our community... setting bad example for n00bs who might figure out that multple avatars don't get banned completely, so they might think gold farming is the name of the game.

This sort of stuff is the NUMBER 1 reason I post so often about why allowing multiple avatars to stick around, even in the most obscure ways (society terminals founders of societies, etc.) is BAD, BAD, BAD! If they don't do something about it NOW, this game is going to become just as sleezy as Diablo II in a few years where theres tons of spam from bots and gold farmers....

You are missing my point.

The EU economy isn't like those other "gold games". We get more ped by depositing to MA directly. Going to shady sites isn't a real option.

Also for the very, very small "buy discounted peds" market, trust me when I say that Gateway has exactly zero effect on it. Again, for the "direct deposit" reason stated above.

What minor stolen CC/ped scamming is going on has been here for years, and MA has been dealing with it the entire time.

Gateway is NOT the problem you think it is.

I think Gateway is great, just concerned about the possibility with the ability to take the ammo with when you leave to create farming in EU.

I watched farmers ruin an MMO I enjoyed for 5 years. I left because of the farmers.

LoL. How many accounts do you seen banned for having multiple avatars these days?..

Actually I'm aware of a few 2nd avas that were, indeed banned/locked for using false/stolen credit cards and other means to try to get/transfer illegal peds.

Just because the cops don't announce it, doesn't mean they aren't doing their job. ;)

I think Gateway is great, just concerned about the possibility with the ability to take the ammo with when you leave to create farming in EU.

I watched farmers ruin an MMO I enjoyed for 5 years. I left because of the farmers.

Trying reading my [POST="2490275"]first post[/POST] again. The numbers don't work.

And as I've said, folks who want peds deposit, not find some shady website.

Trying reading my [POST="2490275"]first post[/POST] again. The numbers don't work.

And as I've said, folks who want peds deposit, not find some shady website.

I did read your post and know the chance is slight of farmers getting a strong hold in EU. Just know what I have seen and don't want any chance of it happening in here.

Would prefer that MA/FPC doesn't have to put the resources into catching farmers. Prefer them directed to fixing bugs and adding old/new content instead

Does not compute. My math can't model your prediction. Am I missing something?

The bad farmers that farm game credits don't just farm credits, they do that and steal credit card info. They would need a regular flow of new credit card info and selling game credits on websites is one of the ways they do it.

The farming doesn't have to be profitable.....just has to work to lure credit buyers at their websites so they can steal the credit card infos.:(

Dude, seriously, enough of this crap. I personally know farmers and they don't steal credit cards. All their customers are happy and returning players that enjoy the service of getting discounted ingame credit using their own money. Why would they steal from their customers, when they can keep them happy and stay in business without any trouble?

It is even impossible for them to steal credit cards since they use payment services, they only get the money, not the client's data. And the client can always chargeback and get his money back if he's not satisfied. Maybe this is Europe, where people don't just give everyone their whole financial details.

Why would they steal from their customers, when they can keep them happy and stay in business without any trouble?

Why not? They are already criminals, commiting theft of services, breach of contract, identity-theft, so why not add stealing creditcards?

I think MindArk will not allow them to take anything from the Gateway into the Universe, it's just a training session there .. if they didn't already mean to do it, they can just solve the potential problem like this: the avatar keeps the skills, but all the items/ammo are removed on passing the teleport.

It's different at the moment, because for us it's to test it and give feedback, and a few pec don't matter on our account (cause we can't go back to farm the missions).

er, or it could be someone dropped it there for a noob to find. i done this with bombs in the gateway, and have often found little gifts while exploring around.

If anyone could be bothered to attempt this, and could make it profitable MA would know about it.

"Operations of Virtual Worlds and Online Games generate enormous amounts of data. For example, in Entropia Universe millions of activities are logged every hour. As for the economy, all economic transactions in Entropia Universe are monitored and possible to track down to one 1 000 000th of one USD. Since all activities in Entropia Universe are based on the same tracking principle as the economic transactions, all activities an avatar takes part in can be tracked with the same accuracy."

your going to get one avater doing trading with 200+ an hour avaters (if thats possible to create) its going to be the same sort of ammount of ped and 99% of those avaters who have traded with the main account would never log in again.

I wouldn't need data tracking to see that. I could stand at the tp, watch the 'new players' spawn in, run to main avater, trade and log out. 10 minutes later see the same thing and know somethings up.

Dude, seriously, enough of this crap. I personally know farmers and they don't steal credit cards. All their customers are happy and returning players that enjoy the service of getting discounted ingame credit using their own money. Why would they steal from their customers, when they can keep them happy and stay in business without any trouble?

Some farmers don't do it just to sell the game credits, some do it to get the credit card info since that is worth more. The game credits are just bait to lure customers to their sites to get their Credit Card info.

As I have said a few times....not all farmers do this.....the ones that just farm don't ruin the game....just the economy in the game.

MA wouldnt care to check every single bot - but there is always a risk of not getting the money.

I mean - they check manually before paying out. DO you really think they will cash out someone who traded 200 avatars in 2 days only receiving the same amount of money everytime?

Regards

I.

Yup. It will be attempted I'm sure, but you don't need to ban 200 accounts, you only need to nail the account they try to withdraw from. Don't underestimate the earning potential or desire of the gold farming operations though, they make enough to easily overcome the ~$50 they lose per banned account in most games. If they find a way to make enough here they'll do it and I'm sure they've tried and succeeded at times here as well.

Some farmers don't do it just to sell the game credits, some do it to get the credit card info since that is worth more. The game credits are just bait to lure customers to their sites to get their Credit Card info.

As I have said a few times....not all farmers do this.....the ones that just farm don't ruin the game....just the economy in the game.

You confuse farmers with phishers.
Phishers will do anything that works to get credit card or bank account access infos.
They are as much real farmers as they are real banks, so: not at all ;)

I don't see why sweaters wouldn't do this. From what I've seen getting PED from the gateway is faster than sweating, a person could just create multiple avatars over different IP's and make more PED than they ever could sweating. There should be a way to prevent this, otherwise sweating will become obsolete (Which actually won't happen considering sweat prices will rise once there is not enough supply, but you know what I mean).

FFS...
I was finally pleased that I had an exploit I could make my own, much like the ubers with their duped/scammed items.
God damnit.

:mad:

:laugh:

Ban IPs... :laugh:
Not worth it... :laugh:
Not enough emails... :laugh:
Can't create enough accounts... :laugh:

Come on son!

I'll just say one thing; you can't ban me from anything on the net by blocking "my" IP.
Notice the quotations?

Back