Generic Fuses

Sakuba

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
Milela Sakuba Wilnfe
I am really starting to hate "Space Drama" and having to be a part of it. However sometimes one seems to have little choice. So here goes ....

When "Generic Fuses" were first put on the Auctions over two years ago stability qickly came into their values. Until late January of this year they had a maximum sale value on the Auctions of 35 PED Per Unit (700%). 12 Months prior to that it was only 30 PED Per Unit. In all the time they have been an Auctionable Item there had always been an average of 200 to 220 PED (40 to 44 Generic Fuses) worth of fuses sold on the Auctions per week. The only exception to this was during the Merry Mayhem Season where Yewl Bots were drropping them. During this time they dropped below 400%, less than 20 PED Per Unit. This was only for a short period and they quickly climed back to the 30 PED mark (600%).

Since the end of January this year there has been a steady and constant rise in the costs of Generic Fuses on the Auctions. There has also been a ratyher dramatic increase in the number of sales of these Fuses. Current costs are around 1200% (60 PED) some are even being purchased at 1300% (65 PED) and higher. The volume of Sales has also drastically increased we have gone from a 2+ year average weekly/monthly Sales of 200 to 220 PED (40 to 44 fuses) between 800 and 900 PED Per month to this weeks current sales of 340 PED68 fuses (at the time of writing this) and over 500 PED (100+ fuses) earlier this week. More than 1.4 K PED (280 fuses) for the last month.

This dramatic increaseof quantity being moved on the Auctions could easily be explained by an increase in the Drrop Rate or by the number of Mid to High Level Players hunting those Mobs that drop them as loot. Whilst there does not seem to have been any events that would cause this and the Drop Rate does not seem to have changed this does not seem a likely explanation for this increase.

Since the release of the Equus Quads in late January there has been a heavy decline in Customers for VIP Warps with the bigger Ships (MS and Privateers). Around a 50% drop in these types of Flights. With the Equus picking up those Passengers one would expect the need for Fuses to drop accordingly and the price to follow. Instead Sales and Prices have both gone through the roof. I can only speculate this to be a serious case of "Market Manipulation".

Around a week ago I put in a "Support Case" to MindArk in regards to this. To date, I have had no response and nor do I really expect anything more than a possible "Cut and Paste".

I have noticed that the heaviest bidder on Fuses is a well known "Pirate". Perhaps this is a campagne to increase the costs of Warps to force Services to raise there prices or something. I really do not know what such intentions may be. There could be several factors causing aome kind of need to force prices up on these fuses.

The end result for me is I have decided that I am not buying Generic Fuses from the Auctions for now. I will buy them on the "Street" at 1500% (75 PED) per Unit. But I am asking those who have them to sell to also have available "Screen Shots" of their actual Looting of their Fuses. Clearly "Time Stamped" and no more than 48 hours prior to time of Sales or contacting me.

If I am going to pay such a high price for Generic Fuses I want to make sure I am paying the Player who looted the fuse not some "Reseller" or "Market Manipulator"

Once again I apologise for the "Space Drama"

Last edited:
If you know from what mobs these drop, could get some farmers to go out and grind for them. Extra supply will yield lower prices.

Since the release of the Equus Quads in late January there has been a heavy decline in Customers for VIP Warps with the bigger Ships (MS and Privateers). Around a 50% drop in these types of Flights.

This is not the case for all ships across the board. We have been doing more VIP flights than before. I presume this may well be the case for others also. Which could be an indicator as to why more fuses are being purchased.

It may be wise for a Mod could lock this thread to curtail "OTHER" Drama Queens.

A "Buying" thread in the correct section may be more appropriate if you would not like anyone to have any discussion on this topic :)

Buying and hoarding is not market manipulation in the sense that the eula prohibits. Your support case won't give you anything.

Alainax said:
This is not the case for all ships across the board. We have been doing more VIP flights than before. I presume this may well be the case for others also. Which could be an indicator as to why more fuses are being purchased.
This may be true in some cases, I can really only go by what has happened within EFA. Our numbers did drop dramatically but they have recovered since we aquired the two Equus that RavenJade and Spirit Chaser now have.
Alamax said:
A "Buying" thread in the correct section may be more appropriate if you would not like anyone to have any discussion on this topic ow have.
This has not been posted with the intent of being a "Buying Thread" but more an explanation as to why I am buying at the price I am and my frustration at it ridiculousness.

Last edited:
Generic fuses used to sell up to 120 ped per fuse back in 2011 when warp flights started, they became more available later on and the prices dropped when you started up with Bismarck and after my support case request to enable generic fuses to be sellable over auction (used to be just direct trade) the price kept dropping further - however the availability of fuses has been pretty stable with a constant droprate throuhout most of the time (some events excluded).

The major factor that leads to an increase in price for fuses lately is simple -> there is alot more flights performed then before - much more privateers have become more active and no longer are just 'sitting ducks' as well as the split of varyag and kronan who used to be part of efa and all run together one schedule has lead to now 4 regular public schedules being offered every day - which are provided by ToS, EFA, Kiss and TeamVaryag all of which offer vip warps as well.
It was only a matter of time for the price to follow the increased demand and if the number of flights keeps increasing like it currently is the price will likely go back up to 120+ ped per fuse.

With you now offering publicly 75 ped per fuse you force everyone else in need of fuses to pay 75+ and have effectively accelerated the growth in markup rapidly.

Last edited:
Its simple supply and demand , I dont think anyone is hoarding those .
More warps = more fuses needed , if the drop rate isnt increased and demand increases supply then they are worth more . Simples really ;)

and I dont agree that this thread should be locked as right now its still on topic and is a valid discussion. ;)

To some degree it is absolutely correct with the increase in the number of "Flights" but that does not explain the 250% increase of unit sales enforcing price hikes. One would think that this number of sales would be more inclined to balance the possibility of rising costs per unit.

Increased sales means increased demand. Sounds like we have a supply issue.

See my previous post.

My service did as many or more warps per day/week/year whatever as any of the other services in space at that time and we are no longer operating.
I crafted all of our own drives, and 99% of the fuses I used I either looted myself on Rocktropia, friends looted, or I purchased from other hunters player to player. About the only time I bought any quantity of fuses was after returning from 2 weeks vacation and needed to replenish quickly. (which resulted in its own drama that strongly colors my opinion of the current dramas taking place)

So there is a lot of 'dynamics' taking place.

One of the largest warp services stopped.
Red Quads Began.
A major street buyer/crafter stopped.
The shift of hunting styles on Rocktropia which was the main supplier in the universe for fuses. (KONG is the focus now instead of the mobs that regularly drop fuses)

I've been out of the space game for a bit, and probably place more value on myself than I should, but those are some things to consider.

IMO if you want cheap fuses, buy RJ some elemental armors (tbird and salamander would be a good start) and set her free on Rocktropia with a good faper and a healthy budget.

atomicstorm said:
If you know from what mobs these drop, could get some farmers to go out and grind for them. Extra supply will yield lower prices.
Sorry meant to put this up earlier and have just found a few mins to do so.
Planet Calypso:
Troopers (Generation Level Unknown)
YuleBot (Merry Mayhem Mov in 2012)

Rocktropia
Decomposing Zombie
Morrison Dragon
Pop Dragon
Demon Hackers

Arkadia
Margurg Male (Old Alpha - supposedly)
Scoria

Next Island
Wild Boars (Age Group Unknown)

It is my understanding that the Varyag very rarely does Warps/Flights. Narfi has sold his Ships so others have taken over his customers(You, me other Services) Kaywinnit Kaylee Frye onllllllly has a Privateer and an Equus now, he used to have three Warp Ships. It is possible that the numbers of customers is not that much different just spread out abit more amongst a few more active operators. The numbers of Customers may have riseen a bit not real sure on this.

Back