Genuinely not a whining thread

[Globals]:
Mick Dicka Dicka killed a creature (Yuka Old) with a value of 592 PED!
A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

:)

[Globals]:
Mick Dicka Dicka killed a creature (Yuka Old) with a value of 592 PED!
A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

:)
Hahaha, I really hope I'm not going to be scrutinised for ever swirl I get from now on.

The question was about HOF size. Nothing about returns or number of swirls.

Must reiterate, I've said I'm not whinging it was genuine curiosity if there are others with 15+ years with sub 5k/10k HOFs

15+ years
Period spent in game is not even relevant to the loot system, people can achieve today in 2 months what others did in 10 years+.The most important factor is the amount of peds spent by your avatar and then few other factors like time span, biorhythm, tools, looter, mob choice, period etc.After all none of them matter in a long run all of them are set to do one thing only which is to set you to where you are supposed to get based on the the ingame parameters set by Mindark.
Globals, hofs and ath are just a mechanism that balance you out and it works both ways (in the past, in the future).

Oh yes. It depends on the expectations of each individual but my assumption is that most people will be above what they thought they would be.
MA could consult a psychologist or even a neuroscientist and weight in the benefits but I think the vast majority would be, long term, well above their expectations thus increasing their morale...

this is the 3rd time i see EU members talking about psychologist, neuroscientist... why do they even need that to ensure the game is playable?
so that everyone will continue playing EU blindly with high hopes and facts that won't be fulfilled at the end?

business is all about goods and services. simple and straight-forward. and what is special is the RCE concept only.
do you think EU successfully make the RCE ?

You had a 6.3k ped hof in mining with only 25k total loot in mining. The system is completely fair even though it may not seem like it at times. The problem is people's expectations and how fast they expect to be paid back. I used to be like you play inactive and take many breaks. It's all about consistency and cycle. The more you cycle the closer you'll be to your expected return based on your looter skills and your gear. If the system determines you'll need a 10k+ hof to reach that expected return it's just a matter of time before you get one.
It's not happened in 17 years so you'll have to hunt more it's simple as that. Also it's way harder to get a good multiplier on a bigger hp mob (because of cost and amount of kills). You'll have more chance of 1000x multiplier on a smaller mob.

I do agree with others that mentioned tracking your hunts will really show you that your return is not as bad as you think. Also agree that MA should stop being a afraid and add in-game tracker already. This game needs players that trust the system and are longtime paying customers. Transparency would help with that issue.

someone said i have no idea about the game play and EU and i feel weird.

you are an experienced player and this is your real opinion of choice?
to be frank, when i read it, i feel weird.
do you really think a tracker will restore the confident of players playing the game?
so i am going to be like putting thousand of real $$$ into the game for many months/years before i am going to get back my 90% ?
if it's yes, do you think people would want to play EU knowing this fact?
or it's time to consult a psychologist, neuroscientist ?

it's just a serious and real discussion, no personal harm feelings. cheers!

do you really think a tracker will restore the confident of players playing the game?
As somebody who naturally remembers the bad times more so than the good times, Absolutely.

Also will help problem gamblers to limit their expenses if they have such statistics right in their face.

Win for all.

someone said i have no idea about the game play and EU and i feel weird.

you are an experienced player and this is your real opinion of choice?
to be frank, when i read it, i feel weird.
so i am going to be like putting thousand of real $$$ into the game for many months/years before i am going to get back my 90% ?
if it's yes, do you think people would want to play EU knowing this fact?
or it's time to consult a psychologist, neuroscientist ?

it's just a serious and real discussion, no personal harm feelings. cheers!
In real life you must study in order to get a degree and get a descent paying job. Most people end up with thousands of dollars of student debt. It takes years to get your degree "before you get back your 90%" and start working a good paying job. EU is no different. You work your butt off in order to reach a level and gear that will allow you to profit longterm, one might say that is the ultimate goal of playing EU though its always subjective. I've played during loot 1.0 era even though I wasn't as active as now back then, my returns were around 94-95% tt return with basic gear like LC-100 frontier, Maddox 4 adjusted etc.

For sure having in-game tracker would improve player retention on this game, no question about it.
If you feel that ain't worth your time and money the only thing to do is move on. Game won't adapt for you. You need to adapt to the game. This is RCE game like in RL the world does not adapt for you.

As somebody who naturally remembers the bad times more so than the good times, Absolutely.

Also will help problem gamblers to limit their expenses if they have such statistics right in their face.

Win for all.

a company having a social responsibility is something everyone will love and respect.
CSR, profit-making, non-profit making company, their mission, vision, their direction...
please just stay focus on the discussion about the game is playable or not

in every games we play, we will have bad times and good times. usually bad times more. we lose more than we win.
only reason we feel we won, is because we win at some specific timing (events) or big amounts or special rewards.
that's something we all have it since the day we start gaming.
a tracker to track our winning and losing is not something new and not something special too
and these will not be transparent to the public, as it will encourage the rest players trying to beat the top player.

now you try to think how these related to EU?

if there is no RCE, i will not playing. there is so many games in the market. why would i spent $$$ and time in EU?
paying $$$ and getting some sort of mental therapy treatment here?

In real life you must study in order to get a degree and get a descent paying job. Most people end up with thousands of dollars of student debt. It takes years to get your degree "before you get back your 90%" and start working a good paying job. EU is no different. You work your butt off in order to reach a level and gear that will allow you to profit longterm, one might say that is the ultimate goal of playing EU though its always subjective. I've played during loot 1.0 era even though I wasn't as active as now back then, my returns were around 94-95% tt return with basic gear like LC-100 frontier, Maddox 4 adjusted etc.

For sure having in-game tracker would improve player retention on this game, no question about it.
If you feel that ain't worth your time and money the only thing to do is move on. Game won't adapt for you. You need to adapt to the game. This is RCE game like in RL the world does not adapt for you.

if you write a book on that, i will buy it.
and i can tell you, i will enjoy reading it.
a virtual life that became your real life. a second life.

this is the 3rd time i see EU members talking about psychologist, neuroscientist... why do they even need that to ensure the game is playable?
so that everyone will continue playing EU blindly with high hopes and facts that won't be fulfilled at the end?

business is all about goods and services. simple and straight-forward. and what is special is the RCE concept only.
do you think EU successfully make the RCE ?
A good business should know a lot about their customers. There are many occasions where it would seem MA doesn't know anything about what their customer want, what drives them and what pisses them off. Having an advisor in these fields it would bring benefits to all sides.

A good business should know a lot about their customers. There are many occasions where it would seem MA doesn't know anything about what their customer want, what drives them and what pisses them off. Having an advisor in these fields it would bring benefits to all sides.

I swear they are aliens from Pleiades or Sirius or even further. Maybe, Draco. They definitely couldn't be further from the understanding of their customers. Like that movie Starman.

I swear they are aliens from Pleiades or Sirius or even further. Maybe, Draco. They definitely couldn't be further from the understanding of their customers. Like that movie Starman.

I think they recently made some significant steps, definitely room for improvement and a long way, but, they seem to care closing the gap. Other teams as well, NI, Cyrene, Monria did nice things for players. The history is brutal tho - see as an example "Ethereal Armor: Barely There, Protection Everywhere!" :D

Out of interest what is your total "general" skills?

Do you have say 6k+ perception, dexterity, serendipity etc? I'll say that's a minimum requirement for really good hunting loots.

On a personsl level, I found general skills to be much more valuable in determining loot returns than say the actual weapon skill.

I came to that conclusion skilling many different weapon skill sets but still with high general skills (I call them support skills). I can still achieve decent hofs despite a weapon skill being lower than general skills.

I've still not entirely worked out if looter skill is capped on certain levels of mob. I'd assume it would have to be for newbies to survive. On the basis of how can a "level 1" looter player possibly compete.

I did quite a lot of experiments on mobs moving up one level at a time to find a cap based on my current looter skill. It's not an easy challenge as different servers appear to carry different loot pools. But still it was a worthy try. Even so I do believe you're not penalised for lower looter on lower mobs (feels that way anyhow).

An old golden rule in EU used to be if you need to heal during a kill, you're hunting too high. What we may think as qualified to hunt a mob, is usually miles off what MA thinks is acceptable. So maybe drop it down.

If you got 40k general that might explains things.

Rick.

because those 5% higher TT-return make quite a difference, when you cycled i.e. 100k PED.
HOFs make no real difference long term.
Long term return is still contained within the boundaries set by your skills, QR, effi and turnover. That is why people say HOFs are not important long term. Yes, it is going to be quite a while until they come, at times, but it happens, as long as you keep doing the right things but they're always in sync with what you lost so people shoul keep that in mind.

My highest ranking codex is warrior as I hunt warrior elites/exterminators quite regularly. There isn't much bigger bots I can regularly hunt other than the Warrior commander but they are just that little bit too hard for my regular imp fappers, could probably do them with mod fap but I'm not so sure there much difference between exterm & commanders in regards to loot potential.
There is a difference in loot.

Out of interest what is your total "general" skills?

Do you have say 6k+ perception, dexterity, serendipity etc? I'll say that's a minimum requirement for really good hunting loots.

On a personsl level, I found general skills to be much more valuable in determining loot returns than say the actual weapon skill.

I came to that conclusion skilling many different weapon skill sets but still with high general skills (I call them support skills). I can still achieve decent hofs despite a weapon skill being lower than general skills.

I've still not entirely worked out if looter skill is capped on certain levels of mob. I'd assume it would have to be for newbies to survive. On the basis of how can a "level 1" looter player possibly compete.

I did quite a lot of experiments on mobs moving up one level at a time to find a cap based on my current looter skill. It's not an easy challenge as different servers appear to carry different loot pools. But still it was a worthy try. Even so I do believe you're not penalised for lower looter on lower mobs (feels that way anyhow).

An old golden rule in EU used to be if you need to heal during a kill, you're hunting too high. What we may think as qualified to hunt a mob, is usually miles off what MA thinks is acceptable. So maybe drop it down.

If you got 40k general that might explains things.

Rick.
I've got 38k general.

Alertness - 3060
Athletics - 4747
Bravado - 1511
Coolness - 5424
Courage - 6866
Dexterity - 5295
Perception - 5438
Serendipity - 6056

For my codex rewards I always choose courage for hp gains... Should I be looking at picking something else?

Courage is a good choice but I would consider picking perception over it for the looter professions.

Its not about the hofs or globals

Its about the mu

From my experience i am not able to survive without a weekly 100 to 200 Euro depo

Maybe because i am melee maybe because i am not Willing to invest 20.000 Euro to buy gear

Fact is end of the week i end up depoing money

From a logical perspectiv i have to buy following items :

Ares Ring 900 ped
Weapon and amp (cheapo 5000 6000)
Armor 700-1600
Mission galactica chip 4500-5200
Now i got 13700 ped in items
I will need another 5000 to be able to hunt ... brings me up to 18700 ped

Still i am not able to make shure that this setup will earn me something, most likely it just does expand the time untill my next depo

Is the game cheap ? No
Is it in my responsibility what i do with the money ? Yes

Back