Getting Bumped - Damn it's Annoying

DaveFoz

Prowler
Society
Calypso Settlers
Davina Kitty Cat
Ok I am all for an inprovement in game play, and with CE2 that is definatly happened. but I do have one minor little gripe that is starting to annoy me no end, and I thought I would share it with you and get others feelings about it as well.

Before I start i will tell you that I hunt in first person mode and do it old school (do not use the auto tool function)

I am getting more and more annoyed with the rag doll physic's now that means that while i am happy firing away at a mob and then another one either runs in to attack me or just tries to run past me and attack someone else i get pushed so far out of the way that i lose my target. then while trying to regain my target i then get shunted back to where i was and cause i have moved my aim to try and get my target again I have still lost it. fired at where i had been moved to and then get moved back, so i have wasted ammo and decay of my weapon.

not only that but smaller mobs have this ability of if running into a larger mob are able to move the bigger mob. again then meaning i hae lost my target and hitting something else if not nothing at all.

Something is seriosly wrong when a small Kreltin Young can bash out of the way an Aurli Soldier or watcher.

Maybe this should be in the wish list sub forum that MA turn down the sensitivity of the ragdoll physics engine, cause it is really starting to annoy me. At somewhere like CP where there are mobs and players everywhere and the Mob AI is running wild as normal it can become a major pain in the behind.

Well I have had my rant and my 2 pec.

But is anyone else out there feeling like I am that the bump physics is a bit to sensitive?

Ok I am all for an inprovement in game play, and with CE2 that is definatly happened. but I do have one minor little gripe that is starting to annoy me no end, and I thought I would share it with you and get others feelings about it as well.

Before I start i will tell you that I hunt in first person mode and do it old school (do not use the auto tool function)

I am getting more and more annoyed with the rag doll physic's now that means that while i am happy firing away at a mob and then another one either runs in to attack me or just tries to run past me and attack someone else i get pushed so far out of the way that i lose my target. then while trying to regain my target i then get shunted back to where i was and cause i have moved my aim to try and get my target again I have still lost it. fired at where i had been moved to and then get moved back, so i have wasted ammo and decay of my weapon.

not only that but smaller mobs have this ability of if running into a larger mob are able to move the bigger mob. again then meaning i hae lost my target and hitting something else if not nothing at all.

Something is seriosly wrong when a small Kreltin Young can bash out of the way an Aurli Soldier or watcher.

Maybe this should be in the wish list sub forum that MA turn down the sensitivity of the ragdoll physics engine, cause it is really starting to annoy me. At somewhere like CP where there are mobs and players everywhere and the Mob AI is running wild as normal it can become a major pain in the behind.

But is anyone else out there feeling like I am that the bump physics is a bit to sensitive?

i had a argo hunter push me of a cliff!
i landed in a pit with a second argo hunter :p

it had taken me ages to climb up :(
but it made me laugh alot at the time :p

so i can understand your frustration but i think its funny in a way

Send a support case to MA about this. I already sent one about this situation on CP and they seem quite interested in it.

Maybe it's not a feature but a bug ;)

Right click to fire, then it doesn't matter if they move you, you wont accidentally fire out into the air.

When i see that happening i take a step sideways so they stop pushing me. Doesnt make it right, its very annoying, but you can mitigate the effects of it.

Its the worst on a steep hill when something comes up behind you. They keep sliding down and pushing you down till you get out of the way.

Last edited:
According to MA's support, this is a feature :(

Hi Davina my old soc leader type buddy... physics is not a bit too sensitive.. it's a bit too CRAP ! :)

I feel ya ;)

never had smaller bump away bigger :p

but F** me sideways its anoying when you are shooting an kreltin and say 2 aurlis join in on the party having to run around the aurlis to be able to shoot the kreltin instead of htting the aurlis who just ran in shoved everything aside to stand on top of you :p

It is called impact. Annoying, sure. Needs to be tweaked a bit, ok. I would expect to be bounced around when an angry Krelt hits me(or the mob I am shooting) below my centre of gravity. At least the mob doesn't knock us to ground, where we would surely suffer critical penetration damage.

Well i am glad that it is not me getting a bit annoyed with this.

yes i am aware that getting a mob running into you or each other is called impact and that every action has an equal and oppersite reaction. I just think it is a bit to much at the way it is right now.

Big mobs moving smaller mobs not to bad, however it does get a bit much when it is manic as always in CP

Now you know how those poor trade threads feel..

It annoys me too :(

Poor trade threads :hug:

Just looking to the thread title ... i tought exactly the same :)

Bumper car race up at CP makes it feel more like a FPS game(First Person Shooter) now, and i like it, when i am not down at 10 FPS(Frames Per Second). This makes it more challenging though, more reduced heals, more deaths and generally some more money spent per killed mob.

Last edited:
Makes it very hard on CP, it really sucks that they can bump u while u fap and lose 3/4 of the heal.

-BoogZ :)

Makes it very hard on CP, it really sucks that they can bump u while u fap and lose 3/4 of the heal.

-BoogZ :)

Healing is Decresed while moving.

Oh yeah forgot about that annoying feature of the bump physics as well

Back