Question: Getting Kicked out (RAM)

ArieJVW

Old Alpha
Society
Apocalypse
Jimmy Inno Felix
I know this has been asked alot but it seems no one has a solution or a answer,

It was happening so much to me with my old computer where game would crash and give me the need more ram window.

So I went off a got a new computer,

8GB RAM

win 7 64bit

and A Nivida 540M gfx card. 2GB Vram

And I am still getting the problem, running on medium only, but crashing more then old computer when running on low.

4GB RAM (3 cause 32bit)

win 7 32bit

Nivida XXX gfx card 1GB Vram

Can anyone please help with a solution.

Regards, Inno

I think we need Mindark to read all those crash reports we send in and hopefully fix the problem with a future VU. :(

This is the first time I see someone post with 8gb ram, 2gb gfx card and win 7 64 bit.. I guess it's not the 32 bit os after all.

How is your virtual memory setup?

EU is a 32 bit app so you are limited to 4GB regardless of the version of the OS. Maybe limited to 2GB as thats the window "application" limit, im not sure if that carries over to the 64Bit OS.

i would note where this hppens to see if theres a particular area or discount this possibility. i know the area round the new island NE of TI crashes my machine.

I think we need Mindark to read all those crash reports we send in and hopefully fix the problem with a future VU. :(

:) got my fingers crossed.

This is the first time I see someone post with 8gb ram, 2gb gfx card and win 7 64 bit.. I guess it's not the 32 bit os after all.

How is your virtual memory setup?

Yeah, I made shure I got 64 bit, as I heard the rumor that people saying it was only 32bit.

EU is a 32 bit app so you are limited to 4GB regardless of the version of the OS. Maybe limited to 2GB as thats the window "application" limit, im not sure if that carries over to the 64Bit OS.

i would note where this hppens to see if theres a particular area or discount this possibility. i know the area round the new island NE of TI crashes my machine.

This is interesting "limited to 2GB as thats the window "application" limit" as I do run window mode, I find it easier to use entropiawiki.com etc as I am using a laptop (one screen).

In response to the particular area, well it happens everywhere and anywhere, Twins on CP atm and doing it here also.

I found an interesting comment on another thread about not leaving loot window open, well I am guilty of that as I leave it open and hide it up in the top left corner of window, I do good sized hunts 1000 ped ammo + most the time
and like to hide the loot so when I finish hunt I check what I have found, Kinda adds surprize and makes them bad runs seem a little better then they are :)

So far I am going to try running full screen, and closing loot window more regularly and see how I go, If there is anymore tips please feel free to post.

Cheers Inno ;)

the only fix i know to this problem is format...I know somepeople that fixed it after a fresh new install of windows...

the only fix i know to this problem is format...I know somepeople that fixed it after a fresh new install of windows...

It's a new computer? how fresh can windows get?

you think I should try re-install windows again?

The reason it has not been fixed is because it's difficult to hire someone competent when you have no money.

It's a new computer? how fresh can windows get?

you think I should try re-install windows again?

yes...sadly.
friend of mine had that problem with new computer... after 2 or 3 months bothering with that strange bug , he finaly decide to do fresh intal , and it solved his problem...

I have no clue what create that bug , or what should be the real solution to fix it.... but really on new computer and there no much loss to try it , beside some hours to do the install.

PS: i do not garanty the result , just report what happen to some people i know.

The reason it has not been fixed is because it's difficult to hire someone competent when you have no money.
Money or no money... There are no competent people within MA.

Don't get me wrong... I have loved EU for 5 years, but MA have no competent coders, no competent balance managers and no competent PR... And as an extension of that I can conclude that they also have no competent management.

Last edited:
Money or no money... There are no competent people within MA.

Don't get me wrong... I have loved EU for 5 years, but MA have no competent coders, no competent balance managers and no competent PR... And as an extension of that I can conclude that they also have no competent management.

I find it somehow strange that your new laptop has 2 GB VRAM, thought the 540M was limited to 1,5GB.
I dont think a fresh install will help, rather you should maybe uninstall all unnecessary things that are preinstalled.
And as allways, make sure you have the newest drivers and all DirectX updates.

Sounds quite fishy that one gets this error with a 64Bit OS, my system only has 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM and I never have run into this error (fullscreen or windowed). What resolution are you running ?

that might be helpful for a 32Bit OS and if someone fiddled with it (got two days off and really should try to reproduce that error on a 32 Bit OS ...seems weird that only a few have it and really cant believe that this happens with standard settings)
Here it is about a 64bit OS and this should simply not be possible to happen. Even though his GPÜ is a bit on the lower side, he definately has enough RAM to play around and the only thing I could imagine would be some kind of virtual RAM disk emulating a DVD running in background, but then again the excess should be handled be the page file.

ok,

Just reporting in as I have tried a few things, and I have not crashed yet.

I can be 1 of 3 things

- Closing the loot window more often.
- Not running windowed mode.
- Or Incresed my Virtual memory (this one is the most likely canidate) I did it the way shown in the URL below (thanks Spawn)
http://www.delete-computer-history.com/increase-virtual-memory.html

If it starts crashing again I will come back and try a few more things, but it is always good to do a few and find the problem then do all and fix but not find solution.

Next steps if problem not solved,
- Re install win 7 (thanks Etopia)
- Try Wistrels solution (thanks Wistrel)

Regards Inno, :)

- Can a forum mod remove the rants please that people have posted with not helpful information as it was painful enough to read when it was all over the other posts of similar nature to get to the end to find a solution.

I have a Vista machine and used to have this problem last year. Then it stopped. As soon as I traveled in space which was a few weeks ago, after 8-9 months of being on Arkadia, I started crashing again. Could it be Calypso?
Also, I had a Microsoft update push shortly before I started crashing again.
Just things to consider.

i got a lot or RAM messages when i was at 2 GIG RAM & WinXP

installed WIN7 64 bit and got 4 GIG RAM. no more messages at all :laugh:

Wistrels solution didnt help me ,so i have done 2 things...shadows and terrain are now on high settings and i have made a separate partition of 10 GB,and use that as a virtual expansion ...no more crashes for me:)
amd 4870-512 mb(runnin on 750-1000 mhz) and 4 gb ram,32bit-everything on very high exept those 2 things....

Back