Give a good and real use of Estates / Homes

Vinik

Hatchling
Why don't you make something like lot of MMORPG to give to Estates & Furnitures in-game a real value.
Because if you didn't looked, harvesting & wood is almost never buy (like 1 per month in auctions...) and so totally useless.

Suggestion : You should create "beds" furnitures who can allow for players to sleep in their home when offline, sleeping in bed will give a Skill Boost for some hours depending of the offline time. Also more furnitures give more points and can allow to this boost to reach his maximum time faster.
Also you could allow multiple beds (they can need X furnitures points, and don't count for offline boost, or better > depending of Estate Size could be better, if not lot of people will let only 1 to try to speed their boost) for allowing Contacts or same Society members to sleep in home.
Of course the Estate owner can "kick" someone out of one bed if all are used when he goes to be offline in his home :) (you could also allow one bed to be "tagged" owner bed and warn that the player who sleep in may get kicked).

This could also create a new market with people "renting" their bed/rooms for "1 night" (allow one disconnection or X hours of offline boost).

And then may create real use of homes & can bring tons of people to have use of small appartment in big towers... Like in Amathera Treseasure Island City or Genesis City below. Shops in foot of towers will be useful and cities may become crowded and alive ! Instead of this all cities look dead land for now :/ With almost all shops empty.

For now it's more a shame to see theses big towers empty everywhere with empty shops :/

Also "beds" may have more tier and increase boost, Tier 1 beds easy to craft can be the base. Then better beds who need higher skill and better wood to be crafted may allow the boost to be a bit better ! (like +10% instead +5% for example, offline time needed will depend of furnitures points inside estate) So it don't touch to furnitures needed. This may give to harvesting a real value and lot of beginners may use this to start the game a lot better ! (i play since beta/2006).

Also this may allow big estates to be used by societies & get more beds inside. Small appartment will be for more solo players & etc...

This single function can change all the whole game for an easy insert.

SWTOR have this kind of feature, log off in safe place to get skill boost for the offline time, would be great to have something like that in EU too.

Other great use would be an item we could place in our homes, and move with them, even between planets, so would make sense to have homes in every planet for fast travels between them. Basically like an interplanetary TP, but only for those who have estates in those planets.
You have this item in X planet estate placed, and Caly estate placed too, you can move between them anytime.

I understand it would hit hard the ship owners, to counter that, it could be a crafted L item with high decay, BP from dropship wave, also 1-2 material from space mobs to counter their loss on the less warp works.

For example i would like to do x thing on Caly, y thing on Cyrene, than go for something else to somewhere else, but currently the warps between planets kills it

I'm not sure how MA would think it great to give bonuses for being offline. This is an RCE. However, there could be some kind of sweetspot time that acknowledges sleep, but gives a bonus for logging back in after only 8 hours away, or whatever.
It's nice to see a suggestion for use of estates and even hotels or so for the new UE5, though.
Irony on: do bots need sleep?

Irony on: do bots need sleep?

Sleep is when the living body recharges for the next day. Unless the bot has an unlimited, and uninterruptible energy source it too will need time to recharge at some point.

renting out bed / hour

Sleep is when the living body recharges for the next day. Unless the bot has an unlimited, and uninterruptible energy source it too will need time to recharge at some point.
Good point. However, I believe birds have developed the skill of being able to sleep one brain hemisphere at a time, thus not actually "falling asleep". For this they can have the relevant eye open, thus flying single-eyed.
If the bot is just doing chores such as ironing, it might be able to get some recharging at the same time.
Maybe if MA introduces charging socket terminals next to crafting machines, or radius extension leads for sleips/quads etc, we will know that the bot thing has become accepted.
- when in space, the bots can do work at a much bigger radius in a process known as "tie me to the moon".

Joking and off-topics aside, I think the estate use idea should really be taken up in an overhaul of what can be done within instances in EU. Entering a home would thus be entering a personal instance, with HUGE potential for MA to add features, not just furniture. By the time UE5 comes in there will be massive scope for creating truly wonderful environments - and I believe MA should take this as a great opportunity to gain new players. If land plots, shops, stables and existing homes become access points for instances, it could give MA a boost that lasts for years!

Jesus, we got clothes, armor, pills, rings and pets giving bonuses already. You need f*cken furniture now?

Look "back in the day", this game was a lot more social. Apartments and places was used to hang out, throw parties, etc. just as Mindark hoped would happen when they first made that part of the universe.

They were never "useful" in the skilling/gaming sense, nor should they be. (Exception being those who use their property as shops)

Jesus, we got clothes, armor, pills, rings and pets giving bonuses already. You need f*cken furniture now?

Look "back in the day", this game was a lot more social. Apartments and places was used to hang out, throw parties, etc. just as Mindark hoped would happen when they first made that part of the universe.

They were never "useful" in the skilling/gaming sense, nor should they be. (Exception being those who use their property as shops)
Times are different now as every single MMO moves towards efficiency or as some games call it "Exp waste" or Wasting time not gaining experience.
Remember, just because things used to be a certain way does not mean that they have to always be that way.

Times are different now ....
Completely agree. I get it.
Re-read the first line of my previous comment. That's my biggest issue w/ this suggestion, that was all.
And to be fair, I should have said "we need", not "you need". My bad.

Completely agree. I get it.
Re-read the first line of my previous comment. That's my biggest issue w/ this suggestion, that was all.
And to be fair, I should have said "we need", not "you need". My bad.
I'm not saying this idea is specifically a good idea, but I agree with the notion that apartments should have a bit more purpose since people don't just use them to hang out anymore.

I'm not saying this idea is specifically a good idea, but I agree with the notion that apartments should have a bit more purpose since people don't just use them to hang out anymore.
I can get behind w/ that thought.

I can get behind w/ that thought.
For example maybe a long quest chain or grind that rewards the user with an item they can place in their apartment. When they activate the item in their apartment they get a buff for an hour. Thing is the buff is considered inaction instead of an item. Could allow people access to your house for a small fee or use it has a long term pill so it would be expensive and very few in the game.

The buff could be defensive, offensive, something similar to wave event buffs, something like that

Back