Give me my hp back!

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
Dear Developers,

Why do you have to be so stingy about giving us our HP back? I don't care that the progress bar now displays what I "have" but what I really have is not reflecting this. I should have 230.4 HP but when I die from a drop or a mob I only can take a maximum of 230 HP damage. Can you pretty please put this back to the way it was before the 12.8 VU? Honestly, how hard is it to program the stupid faps to make it so that it cant heal if the HP is full?

I'm very angry about this issue to say the least. :mad:

Well, i'd like my fractional Health back. Is a fraction of a hp in of itself a big deal to a hunter? Minimally. As has been said, the point is that it's an intentional nerf to solve a (in my experience) nonexistent problem that could have been solved in a more elegant fashion. That it was slipped in without a mention in the VU notes make it all the worse: it's poor customer relations on multiple levels. First that they think that it's an okay solution in the first place, and second that they either thought we wouldn't notice or they are so out of touch that they thought a nerf wasn't worth mentioning.

It's a very bad coding principle that something should be displayed with a different value from that which is used in any calculations.
What would be next - using only the integer part of Hit Ability in damage calculations?
MA should return it to the way it was.

Lastly for some ubers, 1 HP chipping costs around 7k ped..
If they are at xxx.9 hp that means that 6.3k ped of chipping value in hp skills isn't useable.

That scenario is exactly what this is about, although your numbers didn't really make sense so I changed them. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed by .1 or .2 health via critical hit. Each and every occurrence instilled a sense of determination, causing me to redouble my efforts to skill harder so that I would never again die to that number. With this change, that sense of determination has been effectively removed for everyone.

Furthermore, many players reward positive hunting experiences by increasing the strength of their avatar via chipping. In the past, there were several occasions where I gladly spent 300-400 PED to gain .3 health or so - you see a bargain price and don't think twice, as it increases your efficiency. However, with the change...whats the point? Sure, people could simply chip more to push their health to the next whole number, but this still alienates a large portion of people who are either unable, or unwilling, to do so.

I'm not losing sleep over the change, but that doesn't mean I think its fair. It's hurting the economy, player motivation, and thus the game itself.

The principle of the matter is ... we are tired of all the nerfs..

~Danimal

Last edited:
Seams like they trying to fix the problem the wrong way.
They are trying to fix the fap 0.0 issue by removing decimals from hp while what they should do is make the faps unable to heal below 0.1 or maybe even higher like 1.0.
The reason for the 0.0 heals i think was that as soon as you gain a hp giving skill you have below max hp so then you could heal 0.0, making the faps unable to heal below 0.1 or something should remove that problem.

Seams like they trying to fix the problem the wrong way.
They are trying to fix the fap 0.0 issue by removing decimals from hp while what they should do is make the faps unable to heal below 0.1 or maybe even higher like 1.0.
The reason for the 0.0 heals i think was that as soon as you gain a hp giving skill you have below max hp so then you could heal 0.0, making the faps unable to heal below 0.1 or something should remove that problem.

Quck fixes are not the way to keep customers.

~Danimal

probably not the biggest problem but should still be fixed in a proper way.

Look when you hunt all day you get those times where you are hit for odd amounts of damage for example:

230.1 Damage

When my hp should be 230.4 damage and I could've survived that hit now I'm dead instead. If they want to quick fix this to fix faps then at least fix it so mobs can only damage in full integers instead of decimal points. This issues enrages me very much :)

I guess they thought nobody would notice this nerf. Bottom line is they are trying to pec pinch and squeeze every pec from us in order to make a profit.

~Danimal

In this case i must say its not about making more money from us, then they should ahve left it as it was since alot of ppl was wasting fap decay on 0.0 heals, this still should be fixed and in a way that really works!

In this case i must say its not about making more money from us, then they should ahve left it as it was since alot of ppl was wasting fap decay on 0.0 heals, this still should be fixed and in a way that really works!

So when you die from odd crits and have to TP or fly back that's not costing you peds? It costs more peds to TP/Fly back then it does to click the fap once..

~Danimal

Very true from your point of veiw but from MA side it does for sure bring in more money on the 0.0 heals, thats what i meant.

So when you die from odd crits and have to TP or fly back that's not costing you peds? It costs more peds to TP/Fly back then it does to click the fap once..

~Danimal

Look when you hunt all day you get those times where you are hit for odd amounts of damage for example:

230.1 Damage

When my hp should be 230.4 damage and I could've survived that hit now I'm dead instead....

Im sorry, but I cant resist...... wouldnt 290HP fix this problem? It did for me. :cool:

Very true from your point of veiw but from MA side it does for sure bring in more money on the 0.0 heals, thats what i meant.

In all my time of playing I've only ever had the 0.0 HP heal bug twice... and the rest of the time it was always odd damages from mobs ... this is a nerf and you know it.

~Danimal

Very strange that your are trying to convince me, i already agree with you :S just saying what i think they are trying to do to fix it and how i think it should be fixed, i have had ALOT of 0.0 heal during the years.

I guess they thought nobody would notice this nerf. Bottom line is they are trying to pec pinch and squeeze every pec from us in order to make a profit.

Just to be clear, I'd like to see HP returned to normal and the 0.0 heals issue fixed as toad suggests in his first post.

But I'd also like to see you stop ranting about MA pec-pinching in every other post you make. It is, at best, ridiculous. MA needs to make money to exist, and the way they do that is via micro-transactions. That's the business model.

The thing is, with the introduction of the MF health argumention chip MA have put a price on hp. It seems totaly wrong to charge us to gain 3 extra hp for a limited time when they've effectively stolen an average of half a hp.

Nice way for MA to fool players into think HP was fixed.
But since its always the same song and dance, people test it and find out that it never is the way its announced.
So please, no more fuck ups.

funny shit after today update i got 0.5 more

Just to be clear, I'd like to see HP returned to normal and the 0.0 heals issue fixed as toad suggests in his first post.

But I'd also like to see you stop ranting about MA pec-pinching in every other post you make. It is, at best, ridiculous. MA needs to make money to exist, and the way they do that is via micro-transactions. That's the business model.

I just wounder whay MA dont want to have more players in the game then they would not need to just do nerfs all the time and the players would get a feeling of game-joy not. Just to be a money provider.

funny shit after today update i got 0.5 more

Yea was also wondering why my health was way higher than I remembered.

No you didnt.. the VISUAL part is fixed but the ACTUAL health is not.. Go jump off of a tall building at port atlantis or jump from a plane and when you die it will show you that your health is rounded DOWN

~Danimal

No you didnt.. the VISUAL part is fixed but the ACTUAL health is not.. Go jump off of a tall building at port atlantis or jump from a plane and when you die it will show you that your health is rounded DOWN

~Danimal
Thanks for the info time to ask MA what they try to do.:mad:

Dear Developers,

Why do you have to be so stingy about giving us our HP back? I don't care that the progress bar now displays what I "have" but what I really have is not reflecting this. I should have 230.4 HP but when I die from a drop or a mob I only can take a maximum of 230 HP damage. Can you pretty please put this back to the way it was before the 12.8 VU? Honestly, how hard is it to program the stupid faps to make it so that it cant heal if the HP is full?

I'm very angry about this issue to say the least. :mad:

~Danimal

Your kidding right? :lolup:

well i kinda agree....

it's funny how much .3 or .5 hp makes you live.... seriously it makes a huge difference in pvp and in hunting

I would enjoy to see the hp back but .... I am sure it is going to come back... I THINK theREASon it is capped like this is most likly a LOG issue So they can search The logs easier and figure out the avatars that are Locked and see if they can be fixed.... etc.

230.1 Damage

When my hp should be 230.4 damage and I could've survived that hit now I'm dead instead. If they want to quick fix this to fix faps then at least fix it so mobs can only damage in full integers instead of decimal points. This issues enrages me very much :)

~Danimal

Your kidding right? :lolup:

No I'm not, unfortunetly..

~Danimal

it's funny how much .3 or .5 hp makes you live.... seriously it makes a huge difference in pvp and in hunting

I have been in PvP more than usual since last VU, and hunted 100s (if not 1000s) of mobs... Not a single time has the difference of 0.9 health that I had for most of that time mattered to me, so I still do not see the problem people are having.

If something so small as less than one point of health is ruining your playstyle, I'd rather advice you to change your playstyle as it is obviously not economical :laugh:

I have been in PvP more than usual since last VU, and hunted 100s (if not 1000s) of mobs... Not a single time has the difference of 0.9 health that I had for most of that time mattered to me, so I still do not see the problem people are having.

If something so small as less than one point of health is ruining your playstyle, I'd rather advice you to change your playstyle as it is obviously not economical :laugh:

1) Go hunt more
2) Get more HP
3) Hunt bigger mobs
4) You will then see the problem

In all my time of playing I've only ever gotten the 0.0 heal but two times. While the rest of the time I was dying from a hit that was abnormal such as 230.1 damage. Like I have said above if they want to "quick fix" the fap 0.0 bug then make it so the faps check if you are able to be healed before healing or make it so that mobs are also nerfed and can only do full integer damages rounded DOWN to avatars vice decimal integers.

~Danimal

Im sorry, but I cant resist...... wouldnt 290HP fix this problem? It did for me. :cool:

The problem moves to another level as no matter how much HP you have, you are always 0.1 HP short... that's why we skill and some people occasionally even chip in, according to rumors :rolleyes:

OT: The MA applet on my G19 keyboard indicates my HP to be x.0 where my in-game bar shows x.37 and jdegre tool calculates my HP to be x.37 as well. I submitted a support case to fix this but my droptest confirms that the game actually sees my HP to be x.0.... so we are effectively rounded down still.

/Slupor

Many people don't do all hunts economically, sometimes we go out for some fun and hunt on the edge, this nerf takes the edge off that edge :)

Also, those health argumentation chips give 3hp but now if you have 200.9 they effectively only give you 2.1hp :(

1) Go hunt more
2) Get more HP
3) Hunt bigger mobs
4) You will then see the problem

In all my time of playing I've only ever gotten the 0.0 heal but two times. While the rest of the time I was dying from a hit that was abnormal such as 230.1 damage. Like I have said above if they want to "quick fix" the fap 0.0 bug then make it so the faps check if you are able to be healed before healing or make it so that mobs are also nerfed and can only do full integer damages rounded DOWN to avatars vice decimal integers.

~Danimal

Dude, all we are saying is take a break man. MA giving you back such a small health isn't going to help you a bit and yes MA is working on it...so just sit back and wait. Now if you posted a post where you lost 10+HP..then yes, there could be a big problem, but are problem of the rounding down isn't that big of deal.

And yes at this point I'm missing like .89 health..but not a big deal.

Dude, all we are saying is take a break man. MA giving you back such a small health isn't going to help you a bit and yes MA is working on it...so just sit back and wait. Now if you posted a post where you lost 10+HP..then yes, there could be a big problem, but are problem of the rounding down isn't that big of deal.

And yes at this point I'm missing like .89 health..but not a big deal.

No MA is not working on it.. why do you think in my OP I say it is a NERF and to put the change back to the way it was before vu 12.8?

Read this:

You haven't actually lost your progression since health is as you say a product of stats and skills, meaning that if you were at 120.9 before the VU you're still only .1 from the next health level.

There has been a problem with having decimal health where avatars would get 0.0 heals and such so now health will only be whole numbers. There is ofcourse more to it than this but it's mostly technical stuff.

The main problem right now is that the UI no longer shows any progression and that's something we'll have to fix.

It is indeed an inteded NERF.. the visual aspect remains the same but the actual aspect does NOT.

~Danimal

Back