Global???

Tarponhuntr

Provider
Society
Wilddaemons Reloaded
Assura Azira Vonnegut
Just returned to the game after a 3 year or so break. Much has changed , that's for certain.
My question is this , how is 8 per worth of shrapnel and ammo considered a global?
Had the same thing happen the other night , with only 5 per of the same.
That's crazy!

Just returned to the game after a 3 year or so break. Much has changed , that's for certain.
My question is this , how is 8 per worth of shrapnel and ammo considered a global?
Had the same thing happen the other night , with only 5 per of the same.
That's crazy!

It depends on the mob and maturity level that you are hunting. Chirpies global at 5 ped, Argonaut young at 30. MA changed the global limits some time ago so that more people could get excited and hopefully spend more money. I still don't count them unless I hit 50 ped even if I get the swirls.

It depends on the mob and maturity level that you are hunting. Chirpies global at 5 ped, Argonaut young at 30. MA changed the global limits some time ago so that more people could get excited and hopefully spend more money. I still don't count them unless I hit 50 ped even if I get the swirls.

So I see ME has been madly "tweaking" things in my absence. Some decent , others just down right strange.

So I see ME has been madly "tweaking" things in my absence. Some decent , others just down right strange.

I think this tweak makes sense. If you spend, say, less than 1 PED to kill a mob, you might never global without this tweak. So, adjusting the size of your loot at which you global makes sense.

However, for the bigger mobs, it also does make sense sense for MA to adjust the size at which you global higher. I mean, does it really have any meaning if you global every other kill? Or, if you spend 100 PED to kill a mob and get a loot of 75 PED, is that really a cause for celebration with the golden swirlies? You actually lost money!

I think this tweak makes sense. If you spend, say, less than 1 PED to kill a mob, you might never global without this tweak. So, adjusting the size of your loot at which you global makes sense.

However, for the bigger mobs, it also does make sense sense for MA to adjust the size at which you global higher. I mean, does it really have any meaning if you global every other kill? Or, if you spend 100 PED to kill a mob and get a loot of 75 PED, is that really a cause for celebration with the golden swirlies? You actually lost money!

I hope I can find a mob that makes me spend 100 ped....The Sand King maybe? ;)

Mulmun Vigg, mulciber, THE eviscerator and Im sure theres tons more :)

Ya but these are all bosses, why wouldn't a boss advertise their loot? Then that is just unfun...I understand removing globals for puny things but even if you lose money off a boss it should global.

Ya but these are all bosses, why wouldn't a boss advertise their loot? Then that is just unfun...I understand removing globals for puny things but even if you lose money off a boss it should global.

You put words in my mouth, you asked for mobs above 100 peds and those are mobs I hunt pretty regularly. All other opinions are yours and a twist of what was said.

I agree with the small globals concept. It makes for a little more fun for the newbie. However, I do not like the idea that you can get an HOF with a 50 pedder. You get excited then look at the loot and are very disappointed. When I first started(2007) you needed around 500-600 ped to get an HOF, I even had a 12K HOF and that was not even in first place and in a couple of hours was not even on the first page. I think MA should have a minimum of 500 ped for and HOF. IMO.

I agree with the small globals concept. It makes for a little more fun for the newbie. However, I do not like the idea that you can get an HOF with a 50 pedder. You get excited then look at the loot and are very disappointed. When I first started(2007) you needed around 500-600 ped to get an HOF, I even had a 12K HOF and that was not even in first place and in a couple of hours was not even on the first page. I think MA should have a minimum of 500 ped for and HOF. IMO.

Thats not true.

HoF list entry stay 24h then its removed.
It happened 10 years ago too, that if an old entry gets deleted the first global which could have been 50 PED too, entered the HoF list.
Have seen a lot of this 50 PED HoFs since I started.
And how long will a 50 PED HoF stay in the list? 1 min or even less LOL

In addition to what GoNi has said, in 2007 the HOF list was top 25 for the day. With it now being a top 100, it is a lot easier to enter the HOF board and also the threshold is lower with a 50 Ped global perfectly possible to be a HOF (especially after a VU downtime for example).

I miss the global, you got at mining, if you find a space ship with 2 or 3 drones. This was always a great fun.

Thats not true.

HoF list entry stay 24h then its removed.
It happened 10 years ago too, that if an old entry gets deleted the first global which could have been 50 PED too, entered the HoF list.
Have seen a lot of this 50 PED HoFs since I started.
And how long will a 50 PED HoF stay in the list? 1 min or even less LOL

What part of my post is not true ?

In addition to what GoNi has said, in 2007 the HOF list was top 25 for the day. With it now being a top 100, it is a lot easier to enter the HOF board and also the threshold is lower with a 50 Ped global perfectly possible to be a HOF (especially after a VU downtime for example).

I am not sure about the HOF list being 25 as I started in late 2007 November I think. My 12K was 2010 and as I said did not make 1st. I don't even remember looking at the list or was aware or it for quite a while but I am pretty sure when I did it was at 100.

I am not sure about the HOF list being 25 as I started in late 2007 November I think. My 12K was 2010 and as I said did not make 1st. I don't even remember looking at the list or was aware or it for quite a while but I am pretty sure when I did it was at 100.

I wasn't going to look up the version updates, but when I started in 2006, HOF list was Top 25,

My first HOF wasn't until 2008 anyway.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?100144-At-last

My first was 3/29/2005 , I was really excited to get

1 Goblin Shins (M)
1 A-103 Amp
Ped & Pec

:laugh:

Sadly I am not sure the date on my first HOF I am fairly certain it was mid 2008, I didn't know about tracker and it didn't get picked up but I remember it was 659 ped. Thing was I never had a global until end of 2008 or early 2009, my first global was an HOF:).

Reactions: Mac

1 Goblin Shins (M)
1 A-103 Amp
Ped & Pec

Not one comment about "I miss Ped in loot", shows a lot of us oldtimers no longer around. :(

Nice pic btw.

1 Goblin Shins (M)
1 A-103 Amp
Ped & Pec

BTW did everyone notice what mobs were in the list and the amounts. Like the molisk young 878 ped. Everything there is small.

1 Goblin Shins (M)
1 A-103 Amp
Ped & Pec

Don't mean to re-open this thread but was looking for something and I saw this (looking for some of my replies to various threads) and I just thought about it. These amounts were pre-2010 so in todays money we would have to multiply the amounts by 10 which make then huge. I know everything was adjusted but still :).

I agree with the small globals concept. It makes for a little more fun for the newbie. However, I do not like the idea that you can get an HOF with a 50 pedder.

You also get the hof swirlies for a discovery, I got all excited only to find that I'd discovered a 1 pec halix tail :laugh:

My only solo hof was back in vu8-9 814ped.

back on topic, as CortunWrath said, the low ped swirlies are partly to give newbies and low level players encouragement (feed or start their swirly addiction) and also because they've drastically reduced the likelyhood of a getting a 50ped global in any of the low level mobs due to the mission chains.

Plus on planets with fewer players the global list would be very small indeed if the low level globals didn't exist. If the hof table were unique to each planet you'd probably find many would be filled with the low level globals.

Last edited:
You also get the hof swirlies for a discovery, I got all excited only to find that I'd discovered a 1 pec halix tail :laugh:

back on topic, as CortunWrath said, the low ped swirlies are partly to give newbies and low level players encouragement (feed or start their swirly addiction) and also because they've drastically reduced the likelyhood of a getting a 50ped global in any of the low level mobs due to the mission chains.

Plus on planets with fewer players the global list would be very small indeed if the low level globals didn't exist. If the hof table were unique to each planet you'd probably find many would be filled with the low level globals.

As I posted once before when getting a bunch of low-level globals, I like them no matter how much they are :yay:

grats on getting tail!

Back