globals / HoF's where?

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
As im sitting here mining a little it strikes me... Where am I likely to find big deposits...
(I know this is something everyone thinks about)

I mean.. I have gotten my fair share of mining hof's.. (no vast yet !!! grrr)
But.. more often than not the "big" deposits are outside veins or what you would like to call "good areas"...

So it strikes me... Is "Big" deposits "areas" compressed down to one claim?

The last week ive gotten some 4-5 subst., 1 plentiful and a handful greats.. The greats were in "areas".. The subst's., were both in area's but also just random bombs... but the plentiful were far far away from any good area i know of...

Is there something to it?

Strakkan, who we know has insane mining skills (All hail to the master), should by his skills find EVERYTHING in a good area.. yet.. he dosent HoF as much as I would think.... Is this cuz he's a too good miner.. and know when, where and how to mine?

When you think about it.. The first ever "enormous" that were found (or the second one) were by a relative noob avatar that mined somewhere I had mined before but a "bad" area... So I dident come back again...

Or.. Is it simply cuz the "good" miners stick to their well known places.. and let the other places build up.. which then would imply a loot pool theory....

ohh noo.... im going rattexx here... :p

/me slaps him self and goes to throw ice-clod water in his face...

kind of simular thoughts here..still no answers here sowwy.. :rolleyes:
Ciao.... :cool:

So it strikes me... Is "Big" deposits "areas" compressed down to one claim?

Well, today got a hof (significant) in an area together with the usual small-average stuff, so I'd have to say no to that. But I see your point, my first hof was in the middle of nowhere and I've never found anything in that area since.

I have found several big HoFs one after another in an area. Been back since MAAAANY times to find nothing much at all... My thought is it is completely random. I wish we knew more about this and I wish I knew enough to make a :wise: declaration.

Unfortunanly i cannot. Just pull the handle on the slot machine and put in more $$. hehe.

Suicide

Yea Suicide I have to second that. The only thing I can add is that when you get a hit try hitting area again, many times they seem to be clustered. Btw I also hit with probes same area and many times get mineral hits in same area.

As to getting anything larger then a global, it seems just like hunting, just pull the one armed bandit lever and cross you fingers.

Von

my best deposits were "single" claim areas....
so i assume that best deposits like "vast" and "ennourmos" are like holy grail to find...

or u have ALOT of skills and good tools or a DAMM luck

u chose :)
:wise:

just hitted a vast in a dry clean area of other deposits....

WAY TO CLEAN, i only mined cause i hited the vast on the first bomb lol
:p

I still generally find my HOF-claims in good areas and in conjuction to other hits. But , with a few exceptions, I have lately gotten less hofs than I would think is fair considering the skills I have as Starfinder says. My theory is that the orepool cant handle to many big finds by the most skilled players right now. Compared to a beginner or semi-beginner I and a few more avatars probably pulls 60-70% more ore from the same claim.

Atm it seems hunting is in favor as 95% of the hofs/globals are from looting mobs. Mining/crafting just doesnt get the same peds.Theres still a very good chance to break even in mining though. At least with a bit of skills in the book. All you need is 20 averages in 100 bombs to break even.
Im still looking for that enormous though and the lookout that increasing skills makes it harder to find it aint making me that happy offcourse. Some of my societymates has done it though with very nice skills indeed so perhaps the chance is out there :) .

regards

Strakkan

I think mining and hunting loot pools are separate. Hunting loot pool is on the list, most likely, and depends on the avatar's "horoscope", that seems to be true, while mining hofs are area-specific, and respawning over time with a migration cycle. But this throws the whole idea of loot pool dependant on avatar - into trash, unless you accept that the loot pools for miners and hunters - are not shared.

But then again, do hunters contribute to miner's loot pool?

Back