FYI: Globals not affecting camera location

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
Globals do not seem to make any movement to the camera even with "Let Effects Change Camera" ticked in, which is probably pretty bad since a lot of players are used to the excitement and visual feedback delivered by globals making the camera pop up for a moment, feels less cool now.

I've noticed this while hunting on VU 16.0.0, 16.0.1, and 16.0.2

Reactions: Geo
R.I.P first person hunters never again will thy see a swirl.

This is a very important “feel good” feature that always made Globals feel more special in some way.
This should not be changed or affected by other options.

Please keep this as a feature for Globals/HoFs. It is a very nostalgic feeling when the camera zooms for a global and lines up for that perfect screenshot.

I Agree!
in this new camera system it only seem to zoom out to the last used 3rd person camera view..

Last edited:
HOF & Glob magic

Dear all,

I had to wait for a HOF before I could make this post.

Now that I have had one and one glob with both camera settings I can state for certain that the magical effect of the globs and HOF has disappeared.

The thrill is gone. As the camera effect that have us all the thrill and surprise has been anihilated by the last VU, the thrill is completely gone

The visual effect of the music are not enough. The surprise given by the change of camera was an inherent part of the reward.

Please MA find a way to make it unique, thrilling, exceptional again.

As it is, it is just about Peds, no more feelings involved
And we all know that when you want to sell something nobody needs, feelings are crucial.

Do something about it, please. Apparently support cases submitted didn't make you take any action towards it.

Let's hope more voices on the forum will do.

Please , all of you, feel free to share your thoughts about this topic, without too much animosity but kindness and goodhearted.

Thanks.

Liu.

I felt the same way while hunting prots last night. Barely even realized I had globaled while hunting. all I can say right now is..... BORING !!

Completely diffrent game since January of 2018 and i dont enjoy it as i used to, but who cares :laugh:

YOU should be glad that an effect like that is gone, its no longer feeding your brain for more hof and globals.
Now you can play the game as it was intended, for fun instead of chasing the "flash".

There is an option to bring back the zoom afaik. So you should be able to have it the exact same way as before.

There is an option to bring back the zoom afaik. So you should be able to have it the exact same way as before.

Nope, this is the thing. I have had the luck to glob and HOF with both settings.

And in all cases nothing happens. Plain boring. Just sparks or yellow tail, but not more thrill as it was before.

Yup, brain soon will be used to that and desire to play and get chase the glob or HOF will slowly disappear...so may the flow of deposits.

Dear all,

I had to wait for a HOF before I could make this post.

Now that I have had one and one glob with both camera settings I can state for certain that the magical effect of the globs and HOF has disappeared.

The thrill is gone. As the camera effect that have us all the thrill and surprise has been anihilated by the last VU, the thrill is completely gone

The visual effect of the music are not enough. The surprise given by the change of camera was an inherent part of the reward.

Please MA find a way to make it unique, thrilling, exceptional again.

As it is, it is just about Peds, no more feelings involved
And we all know that when you want to sell something nobody needs, feelings are crucial.

Do something about it, please. Apparently support cases submitted didn't make you take any action towards it.

Let's hope more voices on the forum will do.

Please , all of you, feel free to share your thoughts about this topic, without too much animosity but kindness and goodhearted.

Thanks.

Liu.

I strongly agree with you there buddy:( its no fun without that unique effect each time you find a big one:yay: it was definitely something worth looking forward to. Also, now that you mention this im not seeing my globals being recorded in Entropia Life anymore could be connected some how but 100% sure:scratch2: waiting to see if anyone else experiencing the same problem

I strongly agree with you there buddy:( its no fun without that unique effect each time you find a big one:yay: it was definitely something worth looking forward to. Also, now that you mention this im not seeing my globals being recorded in Entropia Life anymore could be connected some how but 100% sure:scratch2: waiting to see if anyone else experiencing the same problem

About Entropia Life I have had the issue that HOF is being recorded as a regular global. Frustrating !

I totally agree with you here.

The camera change while global/hof was the most satisfying thing in Entropia for me since i play.
I really loved it and while i think the new camera system is great after the few changes, this is the only major thing I want to have back.

PLS MA bring it back :bowdown:

100% Agree.
MA Please bring this feature back. It should not be affected by any other settings but it’s own.

I concur, the swirls are one thing, but the snap-back of my ava AND the swirls, It's that startling emotion I can never get used to. Somehow, with this feature gone and the new controls adaptation, it's just doesn't feel like the same place anymore.

Yes, this is psychologically important.

However, I would like an option to also turn it off as in competition/events it can be annoying.

Maybe they want you firsty forget the effect of the global, and then they could eliminate globals, so you don't miss them anymore ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, and make a poll.

The global/hof animation/zoom effect gave us a surprise everytime, that feeling should not disappear.
Do agree though, for those that dislike it an option should be made to have it inactive.

Yes, this is psychologically important.

However, I would like an option to also turn it off as in competition/events it can be annoying.

I second this. An option to turn it off would be truly amazing. It happened to me more than once that the global animation let me screw up tagging the next mob with my arso chip in MM eg...

Fully support this and missing it too - MA please bring this back.

Cant care less!

//mod note

Merged with already existing thread regarding this issue.

I miss the special global/HoF animation as well. I support the request for MA to bring it back.

//mod note

Merged with already existing thread regarding this issue.

It's a bit sad that you merged it with a technical thread while we were here talking about emotions and feelings.

hofs also gone with new camera system , so you dont need special effects at something that is not existing anymore

please take the zoom in out from terminals and auction house and put it back to the globals. i do miss it from there and seriously dislike it anywhere else.

I seoncd this: "I miss the special global/HoF animation as well. I support the request for MA to bring it back."

I'm playing mostly in 3rd person, and I used to have the camera zoomed out to max so when I global the camera will pan in for the PROPER swirlie feel!

Right now I don't event notice when I global. It sucks. Only upside is that I global so rarely it doesn't matter these days :eyecrazy:

i noticed that too, tho im not that bothered about it. I mean its a triky choice, at one point we should all forget about chasing the hof and focus on grinding and playing mu this is an incentive to not gamble, honorable. At another point it was a good feeling, tho not that much to whine as long as it dont change anything.

I have a suggestion, instead of linking the swirl to the ped wich only leads to a gambling feeling that is not really there why not linking it just to rare drops that have less than 1%chance to drop? this will incentive the search for the item, like esis or armor and weapons, suddently increasing theyre mu due to perception and forcing player to get used to trade. I mean id love to be sure that im 100% in profit when i see a swirl, stand up from chair yell and open a beer, all this knowing im not gambling as long as the item tt is low but the mu high, just like when i open boxes, when i get a ring is time to celebrate, i got lucky, if i dont im still getting wat i payed for, and if i sell the ring, its sponsored by the player, not by the house.

added, at a certain level or with a lvl 13 amps u swirls way more often as long as the ped cap is usually not over 50ped over any mobs, this also can fake things as long as its not really connected to return.

you gotta decide, either u complain about ep and want to take away the gambling feeling to lead people play the market either you complain about swirls and hofs.

*p.s. i said that on boxes but the best and only ring so far i got is 2x aeglic adjusted, and i have opened many, so im waiting my athenic to open the beer.

Last edited:
Status
Back