Globals tracher: An official free for all full supported

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
Considering the last events
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...active-participants-hunting-event-April-27-29 i think is time for MA to release an official full supported free for all GLOBALS/HOF tracker.

in a RCE the transparency is all. We have to trust MA but also MA have to show his honesty, also when and if it is not necessary.

The Global tracker can be created inside the official planet websites. MA should not have any problem to make it considering that it owns the global chat.

This will have multiple advantages. We don t need to install any software, we can have a collection of our globals/hof overtime, events global/hof based can be always available etcetc.

OFC we an still use our private software about.....double checking is always good.

So what do you think about????

DC

Awesome idea, or they can just integrate the tracker into the game and make it apart of it, so then it wouldnt be a 3rd party program, but instead a official ingame option.

Having a 3rd party tracker helps to keep MA honest, or rather it creates a check/balance system to allow players to know they are honest...

If MA ran the tracker I can already hear the tin foil hats saying..."MA would edit the tracker results to hide any discrepancy rather than fix them"..

On the other hand, key loggers or other security issues could be a inherent risk with 3rd party.

You can already track your global/hof results, with out using tracker just by logging the chat log.

Anyway either way is good really as long as the players have a way to track whats hot and whats not :)

Having a 3rd party tracker helps to keep MA honest, or rather it creates a check/balance system to allow players to know they are honest...

If MA ran the tracker I can already hear the tin foil hats saying..."MA would edit the tracker results to hide any discrepancy rather than fix them"..

On the other hand, key loggers or other security issues could be a inherent risk with 3rd party.

You can already track your global/hof results, with out using tracker just by logging the chat log.

Anyway either way is good really as long as the players have a way to track whats hot and whats not :)

let consider entropiabay: we have Auctiondata (and peauction) and the ingame MV data
what i m suggesting is the same.
Have an official tracker and still people can use the many software around to double check. I don t see any contradiction in that. Moreover, like auctiondata, there are advanced statistical analysis that probably will be supported by softwares created by users only, the official one can be just a basic one with general but complete and official, information.
I don t wish the ET to close, i m just wishing an official one. And so we can close any whining about globals events related.

dc

Not really seeing why we need MA to duplicate the excellent work done by StarFinder. Perhaps they could fund him a little to assist.

Not really seeing why we need MA to duplicate the excellent work done by StarFinder. Perhaps they could fund him a little to assist.

well the same should be done with any other tool? like entropedia? entropiabay? the miner software?? skill scanner???etcetc??? so complicated. MA own the logchat, they dont need to create any complicated tools to generate the data, they have all the necessary data. Moreover, despite the ET is great, it depend to how many players are running it. So a very good tool by quite far to be precise. But long life to ET

Didn't really see an answer in there. Can't see any point in diverting MA dev resources to re-invent the wheel.

On the otherhand, an inhouse version of your software would be very useful cos the data would be complete. As you are aware, you miss all the buyouts which, in my view, significantly distorts the results. Either that or they provide some sort of api that allows read access to the data feed.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Didn't really see an answer in there. Can't see any point in diverting MA dev resources to re-invent the wheel.

On the otherhand, an inhouse version of your software would be very useful cos the data would be complete. As you are aware, you miss all the buyouts which, in my view, significantly distorts the results. Either that or they provide some sort of api that allows read access to the data feed.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

I m very surprised that u don t see any answer: complete data from an official and reliable source is not just enough???. T Moreover why this complain about how MA spend his money???? do you think make an official ET will be a waste of money???? do you really want i make for you a list of how MA has wasted OUR money over time????PLS don t make me do it.

I m against an API, despite entropiabay could take advantage from it.
Not everyone is a coder here around you know??? so i don t see why MA should develop an api to allow few ones to develop software entropia related. And in any case also this is off topic.
What i m talking about in this tread is to have an OFFICIAL TRACKER, a basic one, but that in real time can give us reliable data about globals and hof, in order to allow everyone to know about without installing any software from any one (because also in this case some software are less secure then other). I can see a lot of advantages to have an official tracker for everyone.
cheers
dc

Considering the last events
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...active-participants-hunting-event-April-27-29 i think is time for MA to release an official full supported free for all GLOBALS/HOF tracker.

in a RCE the transparency is all. We have to trust MA but also MA have to show his honesty, also when and if it is not necessary.

The Global tracker can be created inside the official planet websites. MA should not have any problem to make it considering that it owns the global chat.

This will have multiple advantages. We don t need to install any software, we can have a collection of our globals/hof overtime, events global/hof based can be always available etcetc.

OFC we an still use our private software about.....double checking is always good.

So what do you think about????

DC

The question has been raised previously and MA replied that the priority is low, so we may never from MA.

I m very surprised that u don t see any answer: complete data from an official and reliable source is not just enough???. T Moreover why this complain about how MA spend his money???? do you think make an official ET will be a waste of money???? do you really want i make for you a list of how MA has wasted OUR money over time????PLS don t make me do it.

I m against an API, despite entropiabay could take advantage from it.
Not everyone is a coder here around you know??? so i don t see why MA should develop an api to allow few ones to develop software entropia related. And in any case also this is off topic.
What i m talking about in this tread is to have an OFFICIAL TRACKER, a basic one, but that in real time can give us reliable data about globals and hof, in order to allow everyone to know about without installing any software from any one (because also in this case some software are less secure then other). I can see a lot of advantages to have an official tracker for everyone.
cheers
dc

EntropiaTracker is at least as reliable as anything MA would put together. So many things for MA to be doing. No point redoing work that a 3rd party has already done. So yes I think an official ingame tracker would be a waste of MA developer resources. I would rather see them putting effort into other areas that would actually add value. eg a shop directory, bug fixes, feature development.

In addition to Starfinder's site we all have a source of reliable global and hof data available, commonly known as the chat log.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Second this.

Having a 3rd party tracker helps to keep MA honest,
And especially this. The moment the tracker would cease being a 3rd party, the "transparency" would be over, we'd need another tracker to control it's veracity :)

ET currently misses half of my globals and almost any outside of Calypso, so I guess it does with some other players, but I prefer incomplete data than fully compromised.

whats required is a RSS feed for globals, along with auction trades, so that we can create our own datastores and tools to research the pool of data. so you could still use ET or Entropia Bay, but with a reliable source of data.

Doubt:5
Need:0
Reason...why!

i don t see any reason to don t continue to use other 3part software, so pls continue to use the great ET, for all the reasons your already talk about.
What i m suggesting is a official one. MA own the chat log, our ET is not. So the accuracy depend of how many people are running our ET. MA will never have this problem. Moreover about this issue, pls use the search option, and you will found many treads that say that ET has not tracked their global.
Moreover this official ET can give us a direct fast and public way to check very well the in game events global based.
Moreover will not force anyone to install any software that can create connection problem or security issue (i m not saying that ET does, i m saying it can).
Exctally what wrong to log in in the planet webpage and already found this??????????for me it will be a nice addons that will not hurt anyone.

Back